Gaming reparing a broken PSP

Kellicros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A friend dropped his PSP fat and now it won't turn on, actually it would, the power LED lights up but the screen stays black and everything else isn't responding, it is as good as brick. I feel like trying my luck to fix it by buying parts from DX or Ebay, but anyone has any idea on what should be replaced?

SkyintheSea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't brick a PSP from dropping it. LOL

The only thing that is possible from dropping it is the LCD screen is broken. Maybe if you are really unlucky another piece has broken, but we wouldn't know unless you opened it up and told us.

Either than that you can actually blow your back light fuse, i've done it to mine and it sucks!

sconethief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkyintheSea said:
You can't brick a PSP from dropping it. LOL

The only thing that is possible from dropping it is the LCD screen is broken. Maybe if you are really unlucky another piece has broken, but we wouldn't know unless you opened it up and told us.

Either than that you can actually blow your back light fuse, i've done it to mine and it sucks!
lol yes you can >< if you are updating your psp and you drop it
yaypsp.gif

Kellicros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's an update, he brought to some technician and here's the result:

1) Pandora doesn't work.
2) the technician opened it up and everything is intact and tight.
3) now he's suggesting replacing the whole TA-079 board, but we couldn't find one.

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sell it as "bricked" on ebay, and a bunch of people will bid on it lol. Then use the cash on Oct 14 for a new, price-dropped slim.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show