• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,039
  • Replies 23
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi all,

I have a couple of unpacked system CIAs that I've modified and now want to repack and reinstall onto my emunand.
Thing is, I'm not too confident on what the exact steps are to repacking the said CIAs and turning them back into system CIAs.

Has anyone successfully attempted this before? Is there even a way to make CIAs that are installable to NAND?

thx. :)

D

Deleted User

OP
you need to create a .rfs that grant to the system title all the services it needs to work (obviusly) and repacking them with make_cia.exe and about installing tem to NAND... @Apache Thunder might know something.
You've mentioned make_cia once again! :cry:

The make_cia CTR SDK version doesn't allow you to pack romfs, exefs, etc, all into one; it only allows for elf compiling, I think...

If you're referring to the legal make_cia however, I still haven't managed to find it on the web anywhere... :unsure:

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
D

Deleted User

OP
it's in that github, make_cia.exe
Ah, sorry, I'm a bit blind tonight... /sarcasm >.>

I'll see what I can do. If there isn't an option to make a system CIA, then I'll probably come crying back. ;)

D

Deleted User

OP
Well, I've tried GroovyCIA, and both make_cia's, but I still can't figure out a way to repack system CIAs... :(

@Apache Thunder, so apparently you know how to do all of this?

D

Deleted User

OP
no, he knows a way to make cias install to NAND like his FBI_NAND devmenu_nand savedatafiler_nand, ecc, ecc.
oh... :/
Then I don't think you understood what I meant then. What I meant was, how do you repack unpacked system CIAs such as NGWord Bad words list, webkit_CROs, 3DS Sound, etc...

D

Deleted User

OP
you must make a .rsf with the right services acces.
If that's the case, then my main concern now is what command(s) to use in make_cia in order to pack a romfs, exefs, and that rsf you were talking about, all into one system CIA.

D

Deleted User

OP
@Filo97 What do I exactly have to do with the rsf file? Do you know where I can find some info about this?

D

Deleted User

OP
i just know that it is something that gives a CIA a unique id, a product code, a title id, and the services it can access at.
What do you mean by "access" exactly? :huh: I just wanted to create a CIA where, whenever I highlight it in DevMenu, it'll say that it's installing it to CTR_NAND...

D

Deleted User

OP
i don't know that, and by acces, i mean the services, like the tinyformat cia can acces to the service to format the system, ecc, ecc.
no, no, no...... I am confident that I do not need to just access more services for it to be a NAND CIA.

I'll say again, I just thought it would be possible to repack a firmware CIA and reinstall it back to emunand. That's all. :wink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1