Renowned Scene Release Group Dump 1st WiiU Game

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the magic behind encryption is you generate a unique value per encrypted content, another unique key won't do anything if the encrypted content has other closely, specified and tied data [the key comes from this]

but if you guess the formula, like how the PS3 was hacked years ago, you can sign your own data, and decrypt them too.
Well, not even guess, lmfao. With enough keys from games, THEN that could likely be figured out. I imagine the more keys appear/are tracked that the closer this will be to reality;-) Fun day so far, great news. Wonder what F0F response will be to the "Call out" by who released this dump and the aes key? Checked earlier this morning but saw nothing.

EDIT: another question; what did this group use to dump the game, ONLY the WiikeyU? Also wondering how they explored file system and how they extracted the key; interesting things to know for obvious reasons.

Reactions: djbubba2002

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will definitely wait to see if this is something that can be blocked permanently with an update. I like online functionality as well as Miiverse, when I get a WiiU I'll be using that a lot. Plus I can afford to buy games until then. After all, there's like one of them.

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I doubt this will get me excited enough to reconsider the Wii U (unless of course, all those 3rd party developers miraculously come back to support it).

BTW, I think this meme sums up the situation better:

3rzyhw.jpg

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone ever find out what type of physical disk is used for the WiiU, such as Bluray, or is it a proprietary disk type?
This was covered, I want to say a blu-ray/proprietary. Been a while since I looked at those details but this is an EASY find if you look.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So this has been confirmed real now?
Great news, I hope most of the games will be dumped by the time the WiiKeU is released.

I wonder how they're dumping these though. Maybe they've had a method the entire time and were just waiting for a way to run them before they started dumping?

Also, I'm really happy I have 50mbit down right now :P

Reactions: Chaossaturn

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if It is good news or bad news but all that I know of one thing is: Wii U will increase the sales thanks to this solution! :)

However the game sales may go down by quite a bit...
And according to Nintendo, the Wii U doesn't make a profit unless (at least) one game is bought for it.
Luckily most (if not all) indie games are sold on the eShop.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As excited as I am over the prospect of running Wii U ISOs, this still won't have me rushing out to buy the console for the following reasons:

Slow internet speed to download the ISOs
Nobody I know owns a Wii U so I can't borrow and rip the ISOs
I can count one or two games that interest me but I think it would be quicker to just buy a second hand copy

Still, this is all early days but seeing this much progress within a year of the console's release is surprising compared to the 3DS (albeit 3DS dumps are now online).

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However the game sales may go down by quite a bit...
And according to Nintendo, the Wii U doesn't make a profit unless (at least) one game is bought for it.
Luckily most (if not all) indie games are sold on the eShop.
Intiution tells people this, BUT I argue it depends on DEGREE of piracy. If they sell 500,000 million systems but 2% pirate, that is still a LOT of money to be made. MOST Nintendo owners tend to have kids/families (just a fact, look it up with stats that have been cited hundreds of times). Kid wants Mario he buys it, kid wants Zelda it is bought by mom/dad, kid wants Pickachu or Pokimin or whatever those are and they buy them. People see Wii U's being bought, see others owning them, it can only help. Just like 360 game development stopped, or DS or Wii? This has been cited a LOT and my gut wants to agree but many have railed against your statement before. No proof of causality, and really no precedent for correlation given history.

I have IDEAS but am optimistic Nintendo has more of an argument; "Sales up significantly, and only 3-4% pirate while 10% installed HBC for other purposes, profit potential is...." I believe the DEGREE of piracy will be massive. This being said, with economic times, piracy may be high on ALL systems coming out just like they are high now (Wii, PS3, 360, etc). Entire industry BUILT on 360, lmfao. Nand flashers, tools to flash Xilinx chips for RGH, chips you can write with USB, etc. DUAL boot stuff like "Demon." Have not checked since I traded that gem for the Wii U a few months ago. EXCITED!!! Anyone hear if f0F responded to this OR the "Call out" the release group of a game and AES key gave?

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Is that scrubbed or not? Since the discs are 25GB

Either way it'll take days to download Wii U games lol

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that scrubbed or not? Since the discs are 25GB

Either way it'll take days to download Wii U games lol
SAFER way, is to rent at redbox, lmfao. Want to see that, OR have game service and copy it. No downloading, no high risk of bs "6 strikes" piracy warning crap, etc. Also, to simply get from friends also or people you know "Hey, may I borrow that for a few minutes to...ah..try it...that's right to try it."

A guy I do modding for (handy with the soldering iron, and can follow directions) runs a pawn shop so just gives me another option. "Hey dude, may I borrow this game? I will run hack on yours in exchange for letting me copy these also." Already have safe angles figured out.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this has been confirmed real now?
Great news, I hope most of the games will be dumped by the time the WiiKeU is released.

I wonder how they're dumping these though. Maybe they've had a method the entire time and were just waiting for a way to run them before they started dumping?

Also, I'm really happy I have 50mbit down right now :P

And Google just announced my current city as the third one to receive Google Fiber. Gigabit connection FTW.

Lastly

Tempin' at the speed of sound
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... what service are you guys using for those insane internet speed and how much? The last time I check, speed like those cost like ~$100!

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I...don't know what to think. I really want the WiiU to do well. Maybe it being hacked will help it sell. I just don't want software support for it to die. Good job to Venom though.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: speaking of roasted nuts, do you guys prefer your peanuts salted or honey roasted?