Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif
LOL, I get this BUT was he referring to the Wii U and how people think it is dead and this is just beating it more, OR the topic of homebrew and/or piracy?

Looks like the dude from Office Space going off on the copy/fax machine, lmfao. Put grass, a dead horse, and there it is.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the wiikeyu was a usb solution? or did I just read that wrong
Still questions around this. I was trying to figure out how it could run off USB ports on Wii U if mod chip is on ribbon cable. Somebody else pointed out one wire may come out of the Wii U. If anyone has something concrete on design of WiikeyU I would like to see a link.

evans05

Trophies
XP
Country
Still questions around this. I was trying to figure out how it could run off USB ports on Wii U if mod chip is on ribbon cable. Somebody else pointed out one wire may come out of the Wii U. If anyone has something concrete on design of WiikeyU I would like to see a link.
What do you mean by a ribbon cable? is it going to plug into something on the board? I'm used to xbox only when it comes to opening up lol. Just got myself a wii u today, £149 bargain

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
While this is going a whole lot offtopic, I'd imagine it's an FPGA chip which is installed between the drive and main board of the console like in the cases of the Xbox 360 (and PS3?) version. This would be pretty much a drive emulator and enable USB loading.

Reactions: Rydian

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at least now maybe I can buy the digital version of a new game and then download it elsewhere? :lol:

I'd be perfectly fine (morally) doing this and saving the 14.5hrs+ it normally takes to download from Nintendo's shitty download servers...

DarkWork0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder if there will be a scrubbed version
xbox 360 is roughly 3 gigs so I think the wiiu version has a lot of padding

But xbox games are only dual layer dvds not hd-dvd or blue ray, so the max they could get is like 8.5gb DL. Where as the WiiU uses some type of high density disk with whatever format they are using for it that tops at around the same size as a blue ray, 50gb DL.

evans05

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking forward to more releases and general sizes, I would have thought mario would have been first though.
Great game it is

Reactions: Ray Lewis

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the dreamcast?

The Dreamcast failed because Sega burned its fanbase too many times with the Sega CD, 32X and Saturn. That's really all there is to it. Piracy wasn't that big a factor because a) a lot of people still had dial up and b) even if you did have broadband it was a lot harder to download things - this was pre bittorent, Megaupload, etc. You had to preatty much go to IRC and wait in a queue and get it parts at a time, or if you were really lucky a private ftp server. Since this was also pre-nzbs, newsgroups were a royal mess to find anything in, let alone download from.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While this is going a whole lot offtopic, I'd imagine it's an FPGA chip which is installed between the drive and main board of the console like in the cases of the Xbox 360 (and PS3?) version. This would be pretty much a drive emulator and enable USB loading.
So will this need part out of the Wii U or will it some how connect and bridge from the USB ports? If chip is between ribbon cable/motherboard, then how does
No need to buy it when you can rent it or borrow it
Not many buying it now, maybe this kicks some life into it. ALSO, as pointed out, MOST will develop with most potential on return, AND if piracy is not significant (see past systems) then I bet this is a SHOT to get more life into the Wii U. We will see though, to be fair, nobody knows 100%.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those that are actually wanting this uh..... "mediocre" (to put it nicely) game, I'll just say that the most famous pirating torrent website now has it.

Personally, no. Even if I still had my old 5mb/s connection, no. Even if I had the 5mb/s connection and the game was only 6GB, no. If the Wii-U was fully hacked and there were easily found tutorials on how to "softmod", "hardmod", etc your Wii-U, then run these types of things on it, then maybe, but still probably no. The game is just too shitty.

Oh, also, I HIGHLY doubt the game is actually 23GB, that's the size (after OS managment space) available on a single layer of a Wii-U disk. There still isn't a Wii-U scrubber, that's the ONLY reason it's so big.
Once a Wii-U scrubber comes out and can be applied to it, I'm betting it'll be within maybe 100mb of the 360/PS3 version of the game, which is 7.55GB.
Seriously, when the Wii was first cracked and isos were coming out, every single one of them was ~4.6GB, and it was like that all the way until the Scrubber came out to remove the excess.
I'm betting it'll be ~23GB for every Wii-U iso at first too, until a Scrubber application comes out for it as well.
Seriously, why would the Wii-U version of this game (which doesn't even add anything, actually) be 23GB when the 360 and PS3 versions are 7.55GB?
So people, use your brains and think of Wii iso history with this stuff.

TL;DR - The game itself is around 7.55GB, the reason it's showing as 23GB (the size of one layer of a Wii-U disk) is because there is no Scrubber-like application to remove all the excess, just like there wasn't when the first original Wii isos came out.

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other than 3DS (hacked but NOT released), name one system not pirated? Evidence for your view? EVERYONE who pops into threads like this says the same thing. Systems that failed due to homebrew or even piracy? Look up "Myths of piracy" thread on this site. So yeah, name one secure system that has not been hacked...waiting....

Easy Ray, not here to start a fight, just voicing my opinion. I never said Nintendo would fail because of it either (for that matter I would hope they never do; I've owned EVERY Nintendo console relesed so far...sadly even the Virtual Boy :sleep:. I am a Nintendo Fan Boy!

And I'm aware that nearly everything is hackable in one form or another (what can be done, can be undone), it just seems Nintendo consoles are hacked much earlier in their lifetime then some of the others. I'm curious if there is a record out there of how long in each consoles life time before it was hacked?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj