Hacking Removing "unused" IOS?

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
Actually you could delete IOS16 if it exists, it is the one used for the debug disc from Nintendo and a few select homebrew apps (it is signed by Nintendo but retains the signing bug so is good for downgrading on otherwise locked systems).
So why would you want to delete it?

To the OP, don't delete any IOSes, at least until the BootMii platform is fully available so you can recover from any mistakes.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I would leave it but it is over a meg so if you want to play space grabbing then you could. As has been said only a select few apps use it and it probably is not even installed.

Redah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ether2802 said:
Redah said:
I have deleted stuff like the original (1.0) PhotoChannel, and the 1.1 channel still works

Wich file did you erase???

I deleted the title "HAAA", which is Photo Channel 1.0. The reason I deleted it is because I am perfectly fine with Photo Channel 1.1 (HAYA), and I was really surprised that it didn't upgrade 1.0, but instead simply created a new title (1.1).

That's a waste of the already limited Wii space...

And I like space
smile.gif
Even though I have terabytes of harddisk space on my server, I still remove 15MB from the Temp dir if I see them. I'm just anal like that
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.