Removing Safety Warning Etc

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Electric_Wizard, Jan 30, 2008.

Jan 30, 2008
  1. Electric_Wizard
    OP

Member Electric_Wizard GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've got an AceKard and a 3-1 at the moment, so the only thing I want a firmware for is to get rid of the annoying health and safety screen and to auto boot slot 1. Which firmware would be most suitable for me?

2. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
  3. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    paul, I think the solution you provided voids warranty and does nothing to do with AceKard since it flashes DS itself and works with every flash cart and is no undo able.

He is after some AceKard firmware to do this and evade voiding warranty.

4. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    I do not get that impression from his post. If he wanted an Acekard firmware that did this, he would not have included the bit about the 3-in-1 nor would he have posted it in this section.

EDIT: Also, everybody knows it voids the warrenty. And that it works with every flash cart. And It is reversable. Just use Noflashme!

5. dmonkey21

Member dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ya.... well, even if he does tough luck 4 him cuz flashme is the only thing that can do this.

6. Electric_Wizard
    OP

Member Electric_Wizard GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Paul's right. I want to flash the DS firmware to get rid of the health and safety warning. I'll give that V8 Noauto a go. Thanks guys.

7. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Well technically flashme does do this, but a much more effective way would be to modify the bootloader of the acekard rpg and make it set the a specific bit in the header which makes the nds skip the health and safety screen and jump straight to the slot1 game

8. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    But it does not skip the health and saftey screen. Compare the time between these 3:
    R4
    Real game set to auto mode
    FlashMe

It goes like this
    FlashMe-Fastest
    R4
    Real game-slowest
    Flashmeis faster and COMPLETLY removes the screen instead of cutting it like half a second short.