PassMe to remove Health and Safety Warning?

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would love to get rid of my Health and Safety Warning on my DS Lite.
I know PassMe can do that, but is it wise to install Passme just to remove that H&S warning?

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBATemp's Tech Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would love to get rid of my Health and Safety Warning on my DS Lite.
I know PassMe can do that, but is it wise to install Passme just to remove that H&S warning?
PassMe is a firmware replacement to boot DS homebrew from a slot-2 flashcard. There's not really a point of installing PassMe just for this very purpose.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard of something like this, but it's dangerous. I'm mostly thinking of flashme where you bridge two points on the bottom of the system. problem is you need to hold the battery in place, because if it falls out while it's installing=brick. imo, it's not worth it.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've heard of something like this, but it's dangerous. I'm mostly thinking of flashme where you bridge two points on the bottom of the system. problem is you need to hold the battery in place, because if it falls out while it's installing=brick. imo, it's not worth it.
yeah, thats exactly how its done. Bridge the point, hold the battery and flash it.

Quote from the gbatemp-wiki:
"
What is FlashMe?

FlashMe is a hacked firmware replacement for both the DS and DS Lite. It looks and acts exactly the same as the original DS firmware except for the fact you will not need a PassMe or Passcard to boot DS roms from Slot-2 flashcarts anymore. The standard version of FlashMe removes the DS intro screen (including the Warning screen) when booting up. If you wish to keep this boot up screen please use Flashme_Stealth, which leaves it intact.
"

Source: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/FlashMe

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i know. i really just want to remove the health and safety warning.
If FlashMe can do that without hindering any more modern flashcarts, games etc. its worth a shot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...