Hacking Remove wifi from WiiU hardware

N1k0_VE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was wondering... since I don't use online play and e-shop and such, isn't it possible to remove the wifi from the hardware to disable the auto updates on a hacked WiiU?
There are 3 communication cards on the motherboard:

• Broadcom BCM43237KMLG Wireless LAN module
  • Broadcom BCM43362KUB6 802.11n Wireless Module
  • Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 module

if I remove the Broadcom BCM43362KUB6 802.11n Wireless Module will that disable auto updates and wifi to the internet only?
or will I also loose connection to my gamepad?

Last edited by N1k0_VE,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If it's anything like the DS, DSi, Wii, and 3DS - the console won't boot without the wifi card installed

If you're paranoid (implying you don't trust custom DNS), how about deleting the connection from the settings? :D

As for the original question: the wifi card for the network is separate from the one for the gamepad, yes

N1k0_VE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If it's anything like the DS, DSi, Wii, and 3DS - the console won't boot without the wifi card installed

If you're paranoid (implying you don't trust custom DNS), how about deleting the connection from the settings? :D

As for the original question: the wifi card for the network is separate from the one for the gamepad, yes

if I delete the connection from the settings won't the 3ds update when travelling near a public hotspot? cause my 3ds has updated and had no connection in the settings.
As for the Wiiu, I live near a public hotspot... same question for the console?

Last edited by N1k0_VE,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I delete the connection from the settings won't the 3ds update when travelling near a public hotspot? cause my 3ds has updated and had no connection in the settings.
3DS does auto-connect to networks sometimes but updates always require confirmation.
Wii U doesn't auto-connect to networks unlike the portable 3DS. just don't add a connection if you don't want to go online.

N1k0_VE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
3DS does auto-connect to networks sometimes but updates always require confirmation.

Wii U doesn't auto-connect to networks unlike the portable 3DS. just don't add a connection if you don't want to go online.

Ok thx for the info! Guess I was being a bit to paranoid :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night