Hacking Remove Homebrew Channel from vWii

DonovanMcDabbs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. I was looking to sell my Wii U and don't really wanna explain how to use homebrew channel and stuff on the vWii. I was wondering what the best way is to remove it while still making the vWii fully functional? Thank you all in advance!

bungboi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to remind you that having a softmodded vWii could give it more value, but if you want to get rid of it, then just remove the Homebrew Channel.
It's going to be a pain in the ass to go and try to reset everything in the vWii, which could brick it.
Besides, without the Homebrew Channel, nobody can do anything with the softmod.

Reactions: DonovanMcDabbs

DonovanMcDabbs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much! I'm going to be listing it on Craigslist and I'm afraid they might do something to brick it and put the blame on me. I really appreciate it!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to remind you that having a softmodded vWii could give it more value, but if you want to get rid of it, then just remove the Homebrew Channel.
It's going to be a pain in the ass to go and try to reset everything in the vWii, which could brick it.
Besides, without the Homebrew Channel, nobody can do anything with the softmod.
Adding homebrew, which anybody can install for free, does not increase the value if it.
Hey there. I was looking to sell my Wii U and don't really wanna explain how to use homebrew channel and stuff on the vWii. I was wondering what the best way is to remove it while still making the vWii fully functional? Thank you all in advance!
Pretty sure this can just be deleted the same way you can delete any wii channel, not sure if its different for vwii, but that works on a real one

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Wolfy @ Wolfy:
    Nintendo Direct tomorrow @2pmPST
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    People actually still pay attention to those?
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    Nobody cares about Nintendo Direct other than to keep the crybabies occupied, just the same boring garbage every year.
    @FAST6191, Only those who bow down to the evil gods, that being Nintendo.
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    Even they have to be bored as anything
    +2
    Old ones like the Smash Bros for Switch was one of the best imo.
  • Wolfy @ Wolfy:
    I don't mind seeing them, at least to see if anything interesting gets announced. It may not be the golden years with Iwata anymore, but its something I don't mind watching.(don't remember anything from most of them, but sometimes one title in the lineup makes it worthwhile
    +1
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    Surely easier to get that after the fact. Also other than maybe the first they have all been boring as sin
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Nintendo direct: 30 minute vide about Hogwarts Legacy and 500k comments calling Nintendo racist nazis
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    or 39 minutes of crap Indies, and 1 minute at the end of new Zelda screenshots.
  • Flame @ Flame:
    @BigOnYa TAKE THAT BACK!
  • Flame @ Flame:
    @BigOnYa ill get Florida Man to f you up or else
  • Flame @ Flame:
    take that back
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I got a $600 root canal appointment coming up 😟
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ouch
    @K3N1, Oh god no