Hacking Remove Forecast + News Channel??

Hoody123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How can I remove the Forecast channel and the news channel and weather channel because They serve no purpose for me and I want rid of them if possible. Thanks

Ozland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoody123 said:
How can I remove the Forecast channel and the news channel and weather channel because They serve no purpose for me and I want rid of them if possible. Thanks

I think you can with DOP-MII but not quite sure.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
use anytitledeleter to delete the titles HAFE [forecast] and HAGE [news] from the "system channel titles" menu.

they will be installed with any system menu installation tho.

Hoody123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
use anytitledeleter to delete the titles HAFE [forecast] and HAGE [news] from the "system channel titles" menu.

they will be installed with any system menu installation tho.

Thanks.. But there isn't HAFE and HAGE but there IS HAFA and HAGA...

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok well then that will also be them, but probably from another region

what region are you
the ones i posted i believe are for NTSC

Hoody123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:

what region are you
ahh yes im PAL thatll be why Ill give it a whirl now

Edit: I removed HAFA and HAGA but the channels are still there :S

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
May I just ask out of curiosity why you want to remove them? Need more space?
unsure.gif

Hoody123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Delta517 said:
May I just ask out of curiosity why you want to remove them? Need more space?
unsure.gif

I want to remove them because I don't use them atall and I like customizing my wii menu with other things that will be of a use to me and they just take up space. :-)

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hoody123 said:
xzxero said:

what region are you
ahh yes im PAL thatll be why Ill give it a whirl now

Edit: I removed HAFA and HAGA but the channels are still there :S
You also need to kill off HAFP and HAGP since your Wii is PAL.

Then they will be gone.

Hoody123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys, there gone now, ye the channels were in two parts.. HAFP HAFA and HAGA HAGP.
Im good and ty again xzxero for being helpful
smile.gif

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to use AnyTitle_Deleter to remove the now DISCONTINUED Forecast & News Channels?

Since they have been officially discontinued by Nintendo, they are truely 100% useless now!!

I've heard mixed feelings about this topic, and would like some more opinions, preferably from experienced people who have actually done it, but anyone is welcome to leave their opinion.

PS: How much protection does BootMii offer if it is NOT installed as bootv2 ? And what about having Priiloader as well?

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to use AnyTitle_Deleter to remove the now DISCONTINUED Forecast & News Channels?

Since they have been officially discontinued by Nintendo, they are truely 100% useless now!!

I've heard mixed feelings about this topic, and would like some more opinions, preferably from experienced people who have actually done it, but anyone is welcome to leave their opinion.

PS: How much protection does BootMii offer if it is NOT installed as bootv2 ? And what about having Priiloader as well?

Dunno about any dangers associated with the Forecast and News Channels being removed (I can't think of any problems from them not being there, but as the thread mentions you won't get any space back either), but BootMii @ IOS offers no brick protection. Priiloader offers some, but it's not as good as Bootmii @ Boot2.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

If you cannot install BootMii into boot, installing Priiloader is practically a necessity as it loads before the System Menu does. In case of any IOS corruption, you will always (well, 99% of the time) be able to boot the Homebrew Channel or BootMii IOS via the Priiloader, so it's highly recommended that you do install it and create a NAND backup using BootMii for future recovery.

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I did those already, was just wondering how much protection it offered me, because I thought doing that and having my NAND fully backed up made me 99% protected as well, but one of the guys in another forum post was saying that it doesn't.

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno about any dangers associated with the Forecast and News Channels being removed (I can't think of any problems from them not being there, but as the thread mentions you won't get any space back either), but BootMii @ IOS offers no brick protection. Priiloader offers some, but it's not as good as Bootmii @ Boot2.

I don't care about nor plan to get any space back, although having the icons gone will be pleasing enough.
If you haven't noticed, Nintendo has disabled those channels and they no longer function anymore anyways, so I can't see any point of having to see the icons anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played