Homebrew Remote Touch DS; mouse and keyboard from your DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me on this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2495474?

EDIT: Blazer, I watched one of your videos and noticed something. You had a Command Prompt still opened and kept on loading when you started RTDS. Is that the problem for me? If so, can you tell me what to input for the Command Prompt? Thanks for helping and thanks for making RTDS!

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am r4ymond said:
Can anyone help me on this: [url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2495474]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2495474[/url]?

EDIT: Blazer, I watched one of your videos and noticed something. You had a Command Prompt still opened and kept on loading when you started RTDS. Is that the problem for me? If so, can you tell me what to input for the Command Prompt? Thanks for helping and thanks for making RTDS!
This is from the old version of the server. Not used anymore. About your question, I can't know for sure what you are doing wrong. Does the server receive any kind of input from the client at all?

QUOTE(picketf @ Dec 31 2009, 02:25 AM) I know the features just if you could add command line parameters to the options:
e.g.
change the settings for mouse acceleration as a start parameter
or assign custom key mapping as start parameter

start_server file:

java -Xms100m -Xmx300m -jar rtdsserver-java.jar
-mousespeed6
-mouseaccel200
-bind01 {keynumberinhex} to [keypress from 0-11 on the ds]

that would be great
then I wouldn't need the actual gui to do it for me

Just a thought.
gbasp.gif
Great idea mate! I will add this in the next version for sure
smile.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlazerRazor said:
I am r4ymond said:
Can anyone help me on this: [url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2495474]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2495474[/url]?

This is from the old version of the server. Not used anymore. About your question, I can't know for sure what you are doing wrong. Does the server receive any kind of input from the client at all?

QUOTE(picketf @ Dec 31 2009, 02:25 AM) I know the features just if you could add command line parameters to the options:
e.g.
change the settings for mouse acceleration as a start parameter
or assign custom key mapping as start parameter

start_server file:

java -Xms100m -Xmx300m -jar rtdsserver-java.jar
-mousespeed6
-mouseaccel200
-bind01 {keynumberinhex} to [keypress from 0-11 on the ds]

that would be great
then I wouldn't need the actual gui to do it for me

Just a thought.
gbasp.gif
Great idea mate! I will add this in the next version for sure
smile.gif

EDIT: Using Windows Vista and latest version of Java.

No, I don't think so. 1) Double clicked "start_server_win" that was provided in the folder (or you could press rtdsserver-java). 2) Something popped up saying that RTDS is ON. 3) Turned on my DS, went to rtds got to the screen where there the Top Screen displays my IP Address and stuff and at the Touch Screen displays a big hand for the background and all the other buttons and settings. 4) Move the cursor on my DS, the mouse was not moving on my computer.

What did I do wrong?

KungChicken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, i have followed all of the instructions and it still cant find my AP.

When i use my Nintendo Wifi USB connector it doesnt even try, it just automaticly says that it cannot connect to AP.
But when i try with my wireless that my DS wont properly connect to, it tries to connect then says that it failed.
Any help would be nice.

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
KungChicken said:

When i use my Nintendo Wifi USB connector it doesnt even try, it just automaticly says that it cannot connect to AP.
But when i try with my wireless that my DS wont properly connect to, it tries to connect then says that it failed.
Any help would be nice.
You are not the first person to state you have problems with the Nintendo WiFi USB connector. Again, do you have the right settings setup on your Nintendo DS WFC? Use a game to configure your connection. As long as you connect to the right IP of your computer running the server then it should work fine.

Personally I can't find a reason to why the Nintendo WiFi USB connector shouldn't work.

aneotoena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I remember when you use nintendo wifi usb conector you are not actually part of your lan(the one that creates your ap/router/modem). So you get internet shared from your pc but I think you can't get to the pc with the local ip address.

KungChicken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
aneotoena said:
As far as I remember when you use nintendo wifi usb conector you are not actually part of your lan(the one that creates your ap/router/modem). So you get internet shared from your pc but I think you can't get to the pc with the local ip address.

So, in other words i wouldnt use the ip i found in ipconfig/all?
What IP would i use then?
And yes, i played Mario Kart online to make sure it was all working properly.

mermehma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlazerRazor said:
KungChicken said:

Any help would be nice.
You are not the first person to state you have problems with the Nintendo WiFi USB connector. Again, do you have the right settings setup on your Nintendo DS WFC? Use a game to configure your connection. As long as you connect to the right IP of your computer running the server then it should work fine.

Personally I can't find a reason to why the Nintendo WiFi USB connector shouldn't work.

But he was the first to post in 2010
smileipb2.png

lexluthor432

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also get stuck at

Connecting with WFC data ...
Connection to AP failed ...
Validate your WFC data ...

First of all I am using a buffalo gaming AP with AOSS WEP128.
And otherwise I don't have any problems with the Wifi connection (the dsi browser works just fine).

Edit: ok, I just learnt from wikipedia that AOSS is not supported in homebrew. This sucks, are they ever gonna make a firmware update for this???

Dsmanic!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having trouble with the rtds config.txt. It just wont connect with it. However if i manually type in my IP address on 0.3 i have no trouble connecting. Could you please make a version of 0.6 to manually connect with 0.3 server, because using 0.3 with the 0.6 server it shuts down after a couple of seconds, the cursor becomes irresponsive, unless 0.3 is incompatible with 0.6 server. Maybe an option for 0.6 to manually connect would be better. Thanks.

copb.phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... I'm a fairly ghetto artist who uses your app from time to time as a compensation for my lack of a tablet. There are actually only four things I've wanted to see in this app, and I've a fairly decent grasp of how they would most likely be implemented:

1) The ability to set it so that just touching the screen toggles a mouse-button down event. This would make it so that you can just tap the screen to draw.

2) Pressure sensitivity... Is not real on a DS Screen. However, the DS is a strange and magical device that reads your location by approximation based on multiple points - it is a multitouch screen, albeit a terrible one. At any rate, if you could find a way to use the multitouch to simulate touch sensitivity like a couple other apps do, that would be really nice for, again, artists.

3) The ability to allocate a specific area on screen to map the DS to. That would have to be handled in the server, but a linear conversion would probably work just fine. Not sure how the interface would best work, though.

4) Low end visual feedback on the DS. I think... A sloppy rescale of the monitor or of the area we're working with would work just fine for such a thing - it's more to help with seeing where you're at than it is to actually be 100% useful. A quick resize of a 256 color image is more than enough for such a thing... Much more, and you're overloading the wireless signal, if not already.

I'm certain at least the one - touch sensitivity - has been suggested before, but... It continues to be something that would be really nice. I dunno'... Those are just my requests for a future version, and I'm more than glad to tell you what I know on any of the topics (I'm a Ruby/Python coder, but I do a lot of research on such things
wink.gif
)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a great app and a BIG thank you to the devs for it but I do have one gripe. Do you think you could make the letter keys on the onscreen keyboard wider. Like wide enough to fill most of the bottom screen. Are thumbs are medium sized but still the keys are a bit small to use without a stylus.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
This is a great app and a BIG thank you to the devs for it but I do have one gripe. Do you think you could make the letter keys on the onscreen keyboard wider. Like wide enough to fill most of the bottom screen. Are thumbs are medium sized but still the keys are a bit small to use without a stylus.

That's becuase they're meant to be hit with the stylus. This isn't the iPod Touch or ZuneHD...you're supposed to use a stylus with this App, hence the mouse being on the touchscreen.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
LightyKD said:

That's becuase they're meant to be hit with the stylus. This isn't the iPod Touch or ZuneHD...you're supposed to use a stylus with this App, hence the mouse being on the touchscreen.

In this app you dont use the mouse and keyboard at the same time... i see no reason why an expanded keyboard or even just having the option for it wouldn't be a good thing and just because this is DS that doesnt mean somethings arent meant to be touched with your thumb... Just look at the Tony Hawk series, the beginning of Trace Memory and the the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series. The Wii and DS are about versatility an options, not the status quo.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And, and the difference is that this is homebrew. It's homebrew on the Nintendo DS. And most, if not all of it, uses the touch screen, and by that, the stylus. It is not a keyboard, and the touchscreen is far too small to make it a finger-touch keyboard. If you want it that, code it yourself, but I don't think it's right to be asking for something that...really, goes against it. You're right that those are what the DS and Wii are about, but I think you forget that this app is made by one or two people, for free.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
And, and the difference is that this is homebrew. It's homebrew on the Nintendo DS. And most, if not all of it, uses the touch screen, and by that, the stylus. It is not a keyboard, and the touchscreen is far too small to make it a finger-touch keyboard. If you want it that, code it yourself, but I don't think it's right to be asking for something that...really, goes against it. You're right that those are what the DS and Wii are about, but I think you forget that this app is made by one or two people, for free.

Gee dude, how big are your thumbs? I'm guessing you never held a iPhone because the DS screen, horizontally is bigger than the iphone screen and on the iPhone they expect you to use your thumbs to type. The DS has more than enough space for a thumb keyboard. As for this app being free and my "suggestion", it's not like I'm telling the dev that their app sucks. Their app is pretty freaking sweet, I only asked if the option of a thumb keyboard could be included in a later version. There's nothing wrong with having multiple choices for everyone. Another cool feature would be to be able to use this thing as a wireless controller. Im guessing the dev has probably already thought about that lol

copb.phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Dude", the DS touch screen is nowhere near as accurate or meant to be touched by hands as your iPhone is. Go practice your Apple comparisons somewhere else, please.

As to using it as a wireless controller? You can reconfigure the output from the DS now (v 0.6, I think, was the first for that). I'll bet with a little bit of thought and use of Autohotkey (or whatever your operating system's equivalent is), you could get it to do backflips for you. Without the dev stepping in.

Edit: Removal of flaming content. Well... Horridly flaming content, at least.

Huroman

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there any error (server) to run it with Mac OS?

It show me an error.

Code:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group

I ran the JAR file with Terminal like this:

Code:
java -jar rtdsserver-java.jar

I did not run the .sh file, i just ran the jar directly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.