G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
OP
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The new Skyrim Remaster for PC, PS4, and Xbox One looks nice, but compared to the Call Of duty Remaster, does the 60$ price tag does any justice for it? Yeah a Shooter against an Open World RPG maybe isn't a good comparison, but Skyrim alone without DLCs or Mods is around 5.6gb, which shouldn't be hard at all to do a real Remaster even with the DLCs for the special edition. This is nice for steam users since we'll be getting it for free (if we have all the DLCs), but speaking as a fan was this the satisfaction we all expected?

Last edited by Social_Outlaw,

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The skyrim remaster will be worth it for people who don't use mods to enhance their graphics in game.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Games like Bioshock and Halo 2 etc (~10 years old), those deserve remasters due to aged graphics and new lighting technology etc.
Games that are only a couple years old don't really deserve them.
They still look incredibly pretty.

Reactions: The Catboy

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The skyrim remaster will be worth it for people who don't use mods to enhance their graphics in game.
people who use mods benefit too. remaster's gonna be 64bit. so that should help. and probably some other tweaks here and there too. but it also going to still be compatible with past mods, so probably not too big changes. still its gonna be free for everyone who already owned skyrim legendary on PC. so i'm very happy with it.

Social_Outlaw

OP
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
what does the size on disk have to do with how difficult it is to do a remaster?
I am not even sure what you are asking...

Sorry if people misunderstood it's been a while lol, I was saying that the Standalone game doesn't use a lot of space really, so as big as Skyrim is with mini dungeons and such, how is it that the remaster doesn't look better than COD? and why is it 60$? I know the games are in different times and shouldn't be comparable since it is two completely different genre, but it bothered me a bit, I feel like it's a cash grab to me.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry if people misunderstood it's been a while lol, I was saying that the Standalone game doesn't use a lot of space really, so as big as Skyrim is with mini dungeons and such, how is it that the remaster doesn't look better than COD? and why is it 60$? I know the games are in different times and shouldn't be comparable since it is two completely different genre, but it bothered me a bit, I feel like it's a cash grab to me.
you're comparing a huge open world game to a FPS. of course it's not gonna look as good. plus skyrim is a remaster. not a remake. it's basically just polishing the rough edges. it's still the same game. this is mostly just for the newest consoles. PC release is just an added perk.

You could just buy the PC version of Skyrim for like 20$ at Wal*Mart, then install the high texture packs to make your own remastered version. It's basically the same thing.
except that one is gonna be 32bit.

Reactions: Social_Outlaw

Social_Outlaw

OP
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
you're comparing a huge open world game to a FPS. of course it's not gonna look as good. plus skyrim is a remaster. not a remake. it's basically just polishing the rough edges. it's still the same game. this is mostly just for the newest consoles. PC release is just an added perk.

except that one is gonna be 32bit.

All I'm saying is, I'm pretty sure it could've been equivalent to COD even if it is a FPS, the title still says "Remastered", It's not like Skyrim is doing a multitude of things gameplay wise (As far as I see it) as opposed to the background activities, I don't know for sure. I'm not expecting a "wow" like the Final Fantasy remake, but something like "oh ok not bad" like the video shown above that's all.

Last edited by Social_Outlaw,

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course they're different I'm just saying why isn't it a real remaster like COD?
Well to be frank as far as I know it isn't being marketed as a remaster but as Skyrim: Special Edition. The word remaster isn't even mentioned once on the box they've shown off(although to be honest this is just all the blurb text on the front since the back was never shown).

Last edited by Daggot,

Social_Outlaw

OP
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ik that I was just clarifying for what you said that's all.

Well to be frank as far as I know it isn't being marketed as a remaster but as Skyrim: Special Edition. The word remaster isn't even mentioned once on the box they've shown off(although to be honest this is just all the blurb text on the front since the back was never shown).

When you announce many new features that wasn't in the original, it has to be a remaster, especially if you announce it at the E3 showcase.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
When you announce many new features that wasn't in the original, it has to be a remaster, especially if you announce it at the E3 showcase.
but they didn't.... it's just better graphics for PS4/Xbone and 64bit for PC. there's no new features really. it's more an enhanced edition.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ik that I was just clarifying for what you said that's all.

Not true at all. Devil May Cry 4 Special edition has many new features but it isn't classified as a remaster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr