Hacking Reliability of dealextreme

antipir

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DX has become way too slow 1-3 days means 1-3 weeks and 2-5 days means 4-20 weeks.

better buy from focalprice.com or some other shops..

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My product went in october 4th. it just left HK today (10/15).
DX has a track record of a month with me(every time).

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like dealextreme.... they have everything! Sure most of it is junk crap and cheap stuff but they also have good items and free shipping no matter what (actually it's $0.01
unsure.gif
)

But whenever I order something, it always takes me at least 2 weeks to get here...it happened twice that it came after 1 week. My EDGE cart came after a month and a half (it was back ordered) and I bought a bluetooth headset that never came so I got my refund.

turn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered from DealExtreme for the first time not too long ago, and I have nothing but bad news to spread about them.
This may do me some justice:
60754590.png

I originally ordered an EDGE card and a Japanese 2GB Kingston. I got the MicroSD card a couple weeks after I placed the order, but didn't hear anything about the EDGE for a while. After close to a month of waiting I emailed them asking what was taking so long.
Exactly a month later an employee emailed me saying they could not get into contact with the distributor and I could either keep waiting or get my order replaced. I opted to switch it out for an AceKard and told them I was completely disgusted with their work ethic and would not order again.
My card just finally arrive yesterday. Almost two months of waiting.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you live in the states, you'll find that most orders will show up nothing short of 3 weeks time. on average, I find my stuff showing up anywhere from 3-5 weeks from the time that I place the order (regardless of the "in stock" status of the items). due to the cheap prices and free shipping, it's something that most of us have come to live with. however, you have every right to complain about their timeliness for anything over 3 weeks in my book.

there used to be a representative from DX here on gbatemp, but he hasn't peeked in in over a year now. it makes me wonder if maybe, ownership may have changed hands because back then most people in the states were receiving their orders in 10-14 days.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I ordered an acekard2i just before the national Chinese holidays, without realising they existed.
About a week of "ready", it switched to "contact us", so I did.
When they got back from holiday they told me the acekard 2i is out of stock, about 1.5 weeks later I'm looking at the product page and still see it shown as "in stock", despite me telling them twice to change it in my CS ticket.

That, to me is pretty crappy business practise, if it's out of stock, it should be shown on the product page, they're just making it tougher for themselves having a huge back-order piling up, thought they probably do it to save on bulk orders with their suppliers.

Still, I love their prices and I'm never in a hurry when I order from them.

TheDarkSeed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(BlackDave' date
happy.gif
='Oct 16 2009, 12:31 AM) I like dealextreme.... they have everything! Sure most of it is junk crap and cheap stuff but they also have good items and free shipping no matter what (actually it's $0.01
unsure.gif
)

But whenever I order something, it always takes me at least 2 weeks to get here...it happened twice that it came after 1 week. My EDGE cart came after a month and a half (it was back ordered) and I bought a bluetooth headset that never came so I got my refund.

That $0.01 isn't the shipping cost. It's to track larger orders. shipping is free at deal extreme. I hope It never changes.
happy.gif

TheDarkSeed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(BlackDave' date
happy.gif
='Oct 16 2009, 12:31 AM) I like dealextreme.... they have everything! Sure most of it is junk crap and cheap stuff but they also have good items and free shipping no matter what (actually it's $0.01
unsure.gif
)

That $0.01 isn't the shipping cost. It's to track larger orders. shipping is free at deal extreme. I hope It never changes.
happy.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Just ordered a few things, was waiting for supplier for 4 working days, turned ready yesterday and is now packaging
yay.gif

It really isn't very slow unless you expect to get it next day, I guess.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree I didn't have any problems with ordering them unless It was something bound to be out of order (due to so many people wanting it)

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
BlackDave said:
double post?
It's just that important.

Has anyone ever tried mentioning focalprice in their CSE tickets when they have problems?
I wonder if that would help or not...

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
BlackDave said:
double post?
It's just that important.

Has anyone ever tried mentioning focalprice in their CSE tickets when they have problems?
I wonder if that would help or not...

I didn't mean it in a bad way or else I woudn't have the "?"

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Nobody cares anyway, it's just a forum.

They told me they didn't have a clue when the next batch will come in, so I cancelled it and ordered it slightly cheaper at focalprice by confirming my email.

It shipped from focalprice yesterday (3 days after ordering on a weekend).

ShortyBoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered an Acekard 2i and an 8GB Kingston MicroSD HC card from DX back on 9/30. I got the Micro SD card Saturday, but the Acekard still hasn't shipped. The status did change today from "Waiting for Supplier" to "Processing - Contact us for the latest update." Do I need to contact them, or not? Under quantity, it also changed from 1x Pending to 1x Ready. Does this mean it's about to ship? I'm not too familiar with the site since my only previous order with them was back when the R4 was new and they were the only place to order them. Either way, I needed another one, so I ordered from Real Hot Stuff so I'm curious to see if it gets to me before the one I ordered from DX does.

psssycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered an acekard 2i two weeks ago and I just received an email from dx telling me that they shipped my order today!!!! Now I will probably wait for a couple of weeks!!! I guess the low price is justified!!! I can't wait to play Mario and luigi!!!

ShortyBoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psssycho said:
I ordered an acekard 2i two weeks ago and I just received an email from dx telling me that they shipped my order today!!!! Now I will probably wait for a couple of weeks!!! I guess the low price is justified!!! I can't wait to play Mario and luigi!!!

That's not fair! I ordered more than 2 weeks ago and mine still hasn't shipped.

psssycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're not the only one as I can read in this thread... It's kinda weird. Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that I'm in Quebec???
Probably not but I can't explain it anyway... Anyway it's not here yet....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ