Hacking Reliability of dealextreme

SMZ2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who else has ordered from dealextreme because I order a week ago and its still on waiting for supplier

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's how it goes sometimes when you order from DX. You will get your package...eventually.

That is why most people here will suggest you order from some place more local if you are in a hurry. I have gotten my orders from them in two weeks, or a month or two.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I ordered my M3i0 from them and i got it in less than a weeks but they ca take up to a month. They are very reliable tho and u will get what u ordered. i guess slow shipping is fair as there prices are extremely low.

hope u get it soon.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
I ordered an Acekard 2i from DealExtreme… It was really cheap, but it took forever to arrive. I got it about three and a half weeks after I ordered it.

psssycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wtf.gif
Gulp!!! I just ordered an acekard 2i from them yesterday to replace my r4 ultra...
I hope it's gonna be quicker than 2 months

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chinese new year is close, and it can easily take more than a month during that time, but dx is very reliable and will solve any conflicts w/o hassle. couple weeks ago i ordered two random items, only one of them arrived about a week later, i contacted dx with some pix of what was sent, and they sent me the missing item free of charge, you really cant beat their prices and customer service but since they are in china, shipping till take a while, but its always free...if you want items faster but more expensive, order from newegg.com for sd cards, and realhotstuff.com for flashcarts

SMZ2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I ordered an acekard 2i also
and a 4gb micro sd
a led lightsaber keychain
and a little puzzle box that can hold money and such
but I just wish it would change from waiting for supplier to shipping because everyone says that waiting for supplier takes the longest

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They're usually quick to issue a refund (within a day in my experience) if you contact them through their customer service.

Wadissem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered from DX to get my acekard2i , it was not packaged well, it was a month untill I got it ,BUT the acekard2i was good and works well, and I am plaing it now
nds.gif
yaynds.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That could mean you waiting for an unknown period of time. I suggest checking out focalprice.com, usually when they're out of stock they say so.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered a replacement shell for my DS from them on September the 27 and still havent arrived. Its still at the "processing state" (Sept 29). I hope it comes next week >.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
I was very happy with dealextreme in the past but lately they have deceived me. Some months ago I did not receive the memory cards i ordered so now I ALWAYS pay for the tracking number just to be sure they really send it... and now last order I made took more than a month before they shipped. I have been patient but now Yesterday I canceled my order I made I was not shipped 20 days after purchase. I dont think Ill buy from them anytime soon. focalprice.com is aout the same if your interested

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DX had some issues lately which made them late on any order placed after the 8th of September. A lot of people (including me) had to wait until yesterday before their order got processed. Personally I think they should have made some mention of it on their forums instead of leaving people in the dark. It's annoying to wait but at least they aren't stealing your money or anything.

Also in general any order you make there takes at least 2 weeks, if not 3. And sometimes it can happen that they put an order on "backordered" status too late and you are left without any warning but your order doesn't get processed (often the case with SD cards). I think DX should take active measures to contact the buyer if the item hasn't shipped after 2 weeks to resolve the issue, but unfortunately they don't.

These are the bad things about DX, everything else is great. You get cheap products, and don't pay shipping. If there's a problem customer service helps you resolve it, and most of the time your order arrives within a few weeks.

SMZ2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixclaws said:
It's interesting how often the memory cards are much slower in arriving compared to most of their other items.
You got that right its back ordered till the 22 of October, time to wait another long week for it to ship if I don't get a shipment then I am going to be ticked, btw I ordered a 8 days ago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)