Hacking Reliability of Cyclo ds evolution

joebells

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah mine definately isn't of the redesigned variety as it still has a chip bulging through the sticker but you would think that one shipping at this point shouldn't be faulty as its from a new batch even if it isn't a redesign a new batch shouldn't have been made with a faulty design. Hopefully RealHotStuff will give me a black one instead. I like the software of the card but the hardware is pathetic. I shouldn't of gotten one and will be ordering somethign different for my friends that I'm ordering cards for. Thats at least 3 sales they are losing which they probably really don't care about but still

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, according to an official TC post ALL Evos, both white and black in batch 4 are the new v1.1 hardware. It just makes sense not to run two separate PCB/component builds when they should only differ by shell color.

Some vendors still had some batch 3 leftover, mainly the ones that started price gouging a few weeks before Christmas, e.g. divineo, mod-chip.com, etc.

joebells

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this was from realhotstuff and was ordered on the 30th of december and the packaging(different sticker, transflash adapter not having their name on it) matched up with what people were saying was a new batch of the white ones. It would make sense to me to switch both over to the new hardware but doesn't match up with what I have. And I've not seen anyone get a white card without the bump, not that I've read every forum out there or anything. I'd prefer a white card as I have a white ds

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go read the v1.0 and v1.1 hardware design difference thread on the official forums you can see how to start a forced firmware update at boot, which will also tell you which firmware you have.

It's select + A IIRC for the batch 1 - 3 Evos, and
UP + B IIRC for the batch 4 Evos

I should know in a few weeks what batch 4s are like as I was just sent out a replacement last week, but I'm not sure if they just sent me another white one or a black one. (I asked in my emails with them for a black replacement if they would be so kind...)

Wightslayer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So accroding to everyone here (espec. people in Aus) I shouldn't get a Cyclo?

Can someone tell me...which is the best out of the following? G6DS (which failed on me once already so I'm hesitant on getting another one but never mind that just tell me from a reliability point of view), R4DS or CycloDS Evo?

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Can someone tell me...which is the best out of the following? G6DS (which failed on me once already so I'm hesitant on getting another one but never mind that just tell me from a reliability point of view), R4DS or CycloDS Evo?
From what I have read all the problems are fixed in the Black CycloDS batches, so you should be fine if you get one of those (new white ones too, but it is hard to tell if sites are selling old or new stock).

vergessen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two of the black versions from RHS and I have yet to have any problems with mine. (had it about 4 weeks now). I had an old batch 2 version that died and TC replaced it for free so I would not hesitate on buying their products again.

Wightslayer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

From what I have read all the problems are fixed in the Black CycloDS batches, so you should be fine if you get one of those (new white ones too, but it is hard to tell if sites are selling old or new stock).

Ok, so the new ones are alright?
Good, cos I need a new flash cart...and with all these people saying that cyclo is dodge I didn't know which ine to get :S I just don't want to spend so much on a flash cart only for it to die on me
frown.gif

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ok, so the new ones are alright?
Good, cos I need a new flash cart...and with all these people saying that cyclo is dodge I didn't know which ine to get :S I just don't want to spend so much on a flash cart only for it to die on me
frown.gif
Mine should be arriving soon, then I can sell my R4. I only ordered one because I have heard all the problems are fixed in their black cart, so lets hope that is true!

DSatisfied

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You and me both! I jumped on the "black Evo" train yesterday. Will report back with any problems after it arrives (later this week, early next week at the latest).

rom66

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a CycloDS, R4 and M3 DS real, I gave the M3 to my bro, the R4 to my daughter and kept the CycloDS. So far the CycloDS has never let me down, R4 is as good for reliability but only works with up to 2gb cards, I have an 8gb in my CycloDS. The M3 DS real has been a pain in the ass, lots of problems with the software and it not recognizing memory cards.

Of all the ones I have used, the CycloDS has been the best. I have had it since they first came out.

DSatisfied

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've only had mine for a few days, but I'm thrilled. I think a better iteration of their "customized" Moonshell would be worth looking into, but everything else has been tops.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, wanted to let you know that I have two Cyclo DS's. I love them, and I love Team Cylops and their forums. Here is the deal, I got my first one in late November. It is from the batch right before the newer black ones that came out. Sometimes, not often, the DS says that it doesn't recognize it. Some guy discovered that the little metal part of the cart that comes in contact with the DS, sometimes doesnt touch it. He made a YouTube video showing how you can fix it (you just open the cart, and put a 4 layer, or something like that, folded up piece of paper in, and close it back up). This makes the metal part stick out a little more I guess. But in my case, all I have to do is take the cart out and put it back in the DS, and just make sure to push it in and back, and the DS recognizes it. Like I said, it only happens once in a blue moon. On top of that, I got a new one, which is white but is the same version as the new black ones, and they specifically fixed that problem, so it's not even an issue anymore. My coworker is the one who first told me about Cyclo, and he has three of them (two for his kids, one for him). He has never had any problems with his. I told my brother's friend about it, and he bought one. He loves his. So don't hesitate to buy one. Just make sure to buy from a reputable dealer, because Team Cyclops no longer will exchange a defective cart, they will refer you to the dealer. Like I said, they did a great job of fixing any potential defects with their new version, but better safe than sorry. I bought both of mine from mod-chip.com. As far as I know, you should get the newest version if you buy from them, even if you choose white. They have good customer service, and ship fast. Same day I think. Let me know if you have any questions!

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CycloDS is very impressive, and once the real time save is perfected, it will be even more convenient. I am pleased so far.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've had my CycloDS for a few days now and it works fine so far. Still, the only major advantage of the card to me is the SDHC support that my R4 (now sold) didn't have. Other than that the Cyclo isn't that amazing compared to the simplicity that was the R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk