OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
as promised, a picture of all the faulty evos we have gotten
smile.gif

All White

biggrin.gif
Wonder how many people will catch that...

Were they all the older batches? (Pre-new re-design that is...)

Yeah man these are all OLD OLD stock. Before xmas stuff.
I am still getting a couple back a wii, they never seem to stop failing, like xb360s
lecture.gif

But there is nothing bad about the product now and sales are very strong.

maxpowersin

Trophies
XP
Country
India
No, that's what they had going against them for the time past. The evolution failure rate is as low as any other piece of electronic equipment now. No more mass quantities of broken cards.

Yes.. I know the failure rate has decreased with the new batch
smile.gif
but I think ppl are still kinda afraid and not sure about it..

jdub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW!! If i would of read this a week ago i might not of gotten my White CycloDS!!!!

Luckily i went ahead and ordered one from RHS.com and it works great. Im using it with a 4gb sandisk SDHC and alls good.!

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno. My replacement Evolution is still running fine, and I've put it through 4 firmware upgrades so far w/o a real problem.

I still like my SCDS1 too, for it's ability to soft-reset out of homebrew apps, so I'm really hoping that TC add something similar for the v1.4 firmware as I actually went back to using my SCDS1 for a few days just for that feature.

Now with v1.3-final, I've gone back to the Evolution as OTOH I really just prefer the way that the Evolution seems to be nearly completely compatible with homebrew and all of the games work in "patch" mode while with the SCDS1 it has problems with things like dslinux/browsers and some of the games have to be run in "clean" (no patching, saves to SRAM on the SCDS1 temporarily) mode to work. But it's nice to have a choice, and I still like the SCDS1, although not quite as much as the Evolution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp