Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
vboy.gif

Forgotten, the author of Visualboy Advance, released the version 1.4 of his famous GBA emulator.

What's new?

Core changes:
- added bilinear and bilinear plus filters
- added interframe blending support
- added support to show speed in fullscreen mode (transparent or opaque)
- added detailed speed display
- added autoframeskip support
- added support for ELF DW_FORM_strp (used by newer GCC versions)
- added support to enable/disable GB/GBC video layers
- fixed crash when loading a second ELF file
- fixed missing EMMS instruction in ADVANCEMAME Scale 2x MMX version
- fixed some timer settings problems (bad copy paste of code)

Windows version:
- allows AMD CPUs to take advantage of MMX code
- added support to select video mode for fullscreen mode
- added fullscreen triple buffering support
- added support for multiple joypad configuration
- added support to store settings to INI
- added export settings from Registry to INI
- added throttle support (between 5% and 1000%)
- fixed problem displaying error messages in fullscreen mode
- fixed tile viewer to display all tiles in 256 mode
- fixed Visual Studio project files so that they work on other computers
- fixed problem with disable SFX not being read when program starts
- fixed (minimized) screen corruption problem when filter is active in fullscreen mode and emulator is minimized

Download this new version from VBA homepage ( http://vboy.emuhq.com ) or from our Emulators section

18wilddog

Did any of u noticed this? VBA1.4 . I was trying it out with Spiderman The Movie, the background just gone and some roms such as DareDevil got glitches.

Anyway since u got 1.3, care to tell me if there is any new features on the filter function?

18wilddog

Can someone please test out 1.4 again and see if it got the same problem I encountered? All the new features are need but why visual got glitches?

18wilddog

Strange. What could went wrong? Any ideas? I dl both the files from vba site and this site. Both got this problems too. I never have problems with 1.3

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe it's your vba1.4 configuration? Is it any different from vba1.3? I'm not too sure, perhaps someone who know more about computer configuration can help. I'm not really good with that kind of stuff.
frown.gif

Vince989

Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, if you didn't touch anything, then it shouldn't have changed by itself... I don't think so anyways...
unsure.gif

Maybe trying to fiddle with your video settings, and also making sure the BIOS is used...
happy.gif

- ViNcE989

18wilddog

I have some questions here, please help me out.

what is synchronize and automatic ips patching?

and what is throttle for?

I found out the problem with my vba 1.4. If I click on store settings in registry, the problems with Spiderman TM will occur such as background and spidey went missing and whole screen full with sky n cloud. Thus I uncheck it to prevent those problems. Can anyone try Spiderman TM with 'Store Settings registry' checked?

what is the triple buffering. Whenever I check it, it will show full screen and hide the menu bar above. Is this normal? (fyi, I'm using full screen 800 by 600 resolution)

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay I'm not very good at this but I'll try my best:

-'synchronize' stabilize the game speed on your emulator so that it won't go too fast or too slow.

-'automatic ips patching' automaticely patch an ips file which is generaly used for translating a jap game

-'throttle' set the speed to a fixed percentage, selecting 'no throttle' will set it to the normal 100%

-'store settings in registry' actually refer to the folder's location that hold your roms files, setting it off means that you must manually select the folder. And, no, it didn't affect my Spider-man game.

I'm not so sure about triple buffering so it would be best to have someone else answer it. Btw, all my answers were based on my 'experiments' since I'm really not an expert to this sort of thing. At least, I tried my best.

Goshogun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not so sure about triple buffering so it would be best to have someone else answer it.
the Triple Buffer option...is good with high speed com's (i use p3 1-GHz and it reduce the speed by 10% or %5 percent..

also i need a help!

when i play ummm..F-Zero..when the race begins the speed go back to 82 or 86...can any 1 tell me way??
ph34r.gif

18wilddog

Ok thanks for your help. Well I guess I don't have to check store settings on registry since it gives me problems.

Btw try frame skip to 1. This might increase the speed to like close to 100%. Normally if you use filter or play at full screen mode, this will slow down the frame rate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...