ROM Hack [Release] Yo-kai Watch save data decrypter / encrypter

neko00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello, is there any way to edit gettogumi save data? I know gettogumi saves directly on the SD card instead of the 3DS so Im not sure how to extract it.

EDIT: I tried editing the gettogumi save from the ext data and now my save is corrupted, is there any way to fix it? bte do I have to modify the game1.yw in both yw-b_cb and db?
You have to delete the secure value before injecting the edited data

Axlfox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I got the handle of the yokai watch busters save editor there's some stuff worth noting:

• I can't actually change your yokai's attacks even if the editor has the option to do so
  • Swapping one yokai with another in the editor will corrupt my party by replacing them with lvl0 Pandle and I will get stuck in the basement room
  • If I try to add a new yokai in an empty slot there's no option to give them their default attacks, I think the attack feature should be removed altogether

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've forgotten how to use the decrypter. Send help pls.

The program for the game doesn't actually decrypt the saves despite editing it. Upon loading the game up with the edited save everything reverts back to normal.

togenyan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now that I got the handle of the yokai watch busters save editor there's some stuff worth noting:

• I can't actually change your yokai's attacks even if the editor has the option to do so
  • Swapping one yokai with another in the editor will corrupt my party by replacing them with lvl0 Pandle and I will get stuck in the basement room
  • If I try to add a new yokai in an empty slot there's no option to give them their default attacks, I think the attack feature should be removed altogether
I see your point but I'd like to show every part of Yo-kai data I could understand in my app. I added "default attacks" button to the latest version (v0.3.2).

I've forgotten how to use the decrypter. Send help pls.

The program for the game doesn't actually decrypt the saves despite editing it. Upon loading the game up with the edited save everything reverts back to normal.
https://github.com/togenyan/yw_save/blob/master/README.md

The application does decrypt your saves (without decryption you cannot edit saves at all)

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yokai Watch 2 USA region. I got the save file from my 3DS, loaded it into the program (via the first option, not load decrypted save), edited what I want, and saved it.

togenyan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yokai Watch 2 USA region. I got the save file from my 3DS, loaded it into the program (via the first option, not load decrypted save), edited what I want, and saved it.

Did you click the apply button after editing? If so, please make sure the new file surely differs from old one by checking checksums, and send the both file (new and old) to me.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Any chance we could get region-changing support for the first two games' save editors please? Or even if you could tell me where the offsets are for language after decrypting. I want to convert a Yo-kai Watch 2 USA save to an EUR/AUS save. They're not compatible by default though, at least as far as I can tell. Also, are the saves compatible between the two (or three) versions of each game or is there something in the header that needs to be changed for that too?

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
I'm totally dissapointed with Level-5 about Sailornyan and Robonyan F:
http://yo-kai.nintendo.com/yw2/bonus-content/#section-meet

I tried to use the Sailor Bell with this save editor but Sailornyan says: "You didn't downloaded the object on this 3DS, bla bla bla...".

There aren't any forms to get the items works? I want to get they without having to buy the game again but digitally and I don't want to get Sailornyan/Robonyan F by trade or save editing, I want to befriend they.

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm totally dissapointed with Level-5 about Sailornyan and Robonyan F:
http://yo-kai.nintendo.com/yw2/bonus-content/#section-meet

I tried to use the Sailor Bell with this save editor but Sailornyan says: "You didn't downloaded the object on this 3DS, bla bla bla...".

There aren't any forms to get the items works? I want to get they without having to buy the game again but digitally and I don't want to get Sailornyan/Robonyan F by trade or save editing, I want to befriend they.

are you for real?!

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
You're dissapointed with level 5 because... wait for it...not give you the yokai you want, after editing...
I'm dissapointed with Level-5 because I have TO PAY to get these 2 Yo-kai, when they had to give them for free, I have bought the game, why I should to buy it again digitally...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed