Homebrew [Release/WIP] Build-a-Brew Engine - An unofficial Unity for 3DS Compiler (VERY BASIC AT THE MOMENT)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 14,472
  • Replies 47
  • Likes 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FINALLY! I've been waiting for a Wire3D replacement. Do I need 5.2.3 or can I use any version on Unity 5?
Considering how long this thread has been dead, I would assume 5.2.3 was the latest back in December
May or may not work... depends on how big Unity's updates are (i.e, Windows updates are good to have, but we still use Python 2.7 for alot of stuff)
If you have a version of Unity already installed I'd try it, but if not I'd install 5.2.3

D

Deleted User

OP
Holy crap; did I seriously make this?! Man it's so unfinished! -_-

I hope I get the time to polish it up some day again! :P

Reactions: Ricken

Master_Jorn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
masterjorn222.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United States
Build-a-Brew Engine for Unity - Currently compiles a collage of images ready to be executed and viewed on the 3DS!
Current Version: 0.0.1 Alpha

Hello, and welcome to yet another project by me!!! :D

Features:
- Exporting as .CIA.
- Relief of typing lots and lots of code.
- Time-saving.
- Import as many images in the collage as you want!
- Exports and sets up a generic 3DS homebrew source folder (source/main.c, resources/, data/, build/)

To Do:
- A lot!
- Implement HID states and what to do when triggered.
- Support for building CIA contents straight from the editor (stuff such as banner.bnr and icon.icn).
- Overall Improvements to the code and UI.

Build-a-Brew Engine introduces an easier way to piece together graphics for projects which utilize Libsf2d. (I can't remember who the author of that library was, but credits to him for all the hard work he put into it.) Basically, all you have to do is open the provided Unity Project in Unity 5.2.3, import all your images you want to use into the Assets/Data/Objects folder, drag and drop them as Game Objects into the scene, scale the image sizes to 95, position the images within the frame of the MainCamera, open the BABE Compiler, and finally click Export!!

BUT!!!

There are some strict guidelines for using this Unity add-on. So Noobs, listen carefully! :D

- The list of requirements are as follows:
+ Unity 5.2.3
+ Libsf2d
+ Libsfil
+ Latest version of ctrulib
+ Image Magik (for png conversion)
+ Devkitpro (with 3DS stuff pre-installed)

(said requirements need to install environment variables for the BABE compiler to work. You should have already done that anyway.)

- When using the provided .unity template (works only with 5.2.3, could be wrong)
NEVER move the view because the co-ordinates are all set up to work with the
3DS co-ordinates. (basically, just don't touch it...)

- Make sure you are using .PNG IMAGES ONLY.

- Every time you make a GameObject, make the scale value on all axes to 95. This gives us
accuracy as to what the final compilation/preview will look like.

- Game Objects must not have spaces in their names. That may return compiler errors.
- You can't have Game Objects with the same name, too.

- All of the GameObjects MUST have a SpriteRenderer attatched to them, apart from MainCamera, which should be left as is.

- YOU MUST USE THE MAKEFILE FROM THE "SAMPLE" DIRECTORY IF EXPORTING TO A DIFFERENT DIRECTORY OTHER THAN "SAMPLE". (Or you could simply overwrite the sample folder, I don't mind. :P)

Too much to take in? Here's some screenshots:
View attachment 32304
View attachment 32305
Shoutout to the following people/entities:
- @smealum , the founder of 3DS Homebrew and Exploits. We all love him! :)
- That guy who founded Libsf2d, which is a really good graphics library, by the way!
- @Voxel Studios (me), the founder of the Build-a-Brew Engine.
- Unity Engine, the thing which keeps BABE alive.
- The Wire3D team, and they actually inspired me to do this project!
- The Devkitpro team, for proper compilers and shit. :P

That's all there is to it, really. :)

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!SRggGQQT!DCYVl92iOyQ3GkxYukHhtJYqL1CipGC1iSUXBm_bVwE

(DISCLAIMER! - This has been written fairly quickly, so if something doesn't make sense to you, then either look again closer, or tag me in a post and explain what doesn't make sense to you. :))
:O OH MY GOSH... I was going to save up $1,300 for a 3ds dev kit, but I don't now, homebrew yea!

Master_Jorn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
masterjorn222.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not really being worked on right now
Still, would you rather pay 1,300 bucks for a dev kit, or work with a converter still in development? it just made me ridiculously excited, it's like he was reading my mind!

(I also realized I made a Grammatical error in my post, how embarrassing)

(I also realized I made a Logical error in my post, how embarrassing)

D

Deleted User

OP
:O OH MY GOSH... I was going to save up $1,300 for a 3ds dev kit, but I don't now, homebrew yea!
Before I get this thread locked, I just want you to know that:

1) Avoid bumping 6-month-old threads if you can; it's not good forum practice, and you might get a warn for it, if it didn't add any particular value to the discussion.

2) You do not need to own an official dev kit to run content built solely with the SDK (That includes official Unity for New3DS content); you can just set up Luma3DS on a normal retail 3DS if you haven't already, activate UNITINFO in the Luma config, install the CIA like any other normal CIA, and run it.

3) Panda/Snake testkits are nowhere near as expensive as $1,300. You might be thinking of the debugger prices though; they're the most expensive piece of equipment from the dev portal. Whereas the testkits are only just that bit more expensive than a brand-new retail unit. Not naming any specific prices though...

4) I am no longer working on this so-called 'project' anymore. It's cringeworthy, and I regret creating it to this day, especially when it is so easy to sign up to the official developer portal now, so you can just use the actual Unity for New3DS instead of this non-functioning trash...

Thanks for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7