Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

hbt15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In need of help.

I’ve used this script to create the installable folder with a couple GCube games. I’ve also created an install folder using the wii u USB helper app method also. Neither install works whether it’s installed with wup installer y or gx2. The game loads to a splash screen (the .png) and then it goes black and locks up the wii u.

I’ve got cfw which auto boots and the games show as installed to the usual home page along with all the actual wii u games but just won’t work.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In need of help.

I’ve used this script to create the installable folder with a couple GCube games. I’ve also created an install folder using the wii u USB helper app method also. Neither install works whether it’s installed with wup installer y or gx2. The game loads to a splash screen (the .png) and then it goes black and locks up the wii u.

I’ve got cfw which auto boots and the games show as installed to the usual home page along with all the actual wii u games but just won’t work.
Do you have nintendont installed in sd:apps/nintendont there should be the latest boot.dol in that folder along with the meta.xml and icon.png

If you dont have it you can get the latest release from here https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and in the Quick Installation section you click on the loader.dol and rename to boot.dol and right click on meta.xml and tell it to save as meta.xml and right click on icon.png and tell it to also save as icon.png. make sure they go into the apps/nintendont folder

Last edited by wicksand420,
Reactions: hbt15

hbt15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I did have nintendont in same location as above but it was missing the meta and icon files. I downloaded them from the site you linked, put the sd back in the wiiu and attempted to load my game and still no dice, got the black wii logo page within about 10 seconds then total lockout. Can't figure out why.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did have nintendont in same location as above but it was missing the meta and icon files. I downloaded them from the site you linked, put the sd back in the wiiu and attempted to load my game and still no dice, got the black wii logo page within about 10 seconds then total lockout. Can't figure out why.
and you are using the latest script?

hbt15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you have nintendont installed in sd:apps/nintendont there should be the latest boot.dol in that folder along with the meta.xml and icon.png

If you dont have it you can get the latest release from here

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and in the Quick Installation section you click on the loader.dol and rename to boot.dol and right click on meta.xml and tell it to save as meta.xml and right click on icon.png and tell it to also save as icon.png. make sure they go into the apps/nintendont folder
Trying to reply here but keeps thinking i'm spam?? I have all the above. Sorry if sounds short. Won't let me type proper detailed reply.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
what nintendont version do you have on your sd card? maybe its outdated?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vwii? That is new to me. Perhaps that's an issue? I have the Cold Boot CFW which i use for wii u games off external HD but that's about it so far.
Ok, i was just seeing if you had the wii side hacked so we could run nintendont from hbc, for the hell of it download the dol from the nintendont page and replace the one you have

Oh, by the way vwii = virtual wii

Last edited by wicksand420,

hbt15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, i was just seeing if you had the wii side hacked so we could run nintendont from hbc, for the hell of it download the dol from the nintendont page and replace the one you have
Did that after you mentioned it just in case. No dice. Still no good.

hbt15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
out of curiosity extract this and put it at the root of your sd card, i'm not sure if it will help, but i doubt it will hurt
Already had that file on there. Swapped it for yours though and still no good. 11pm here now and am wiped. Hopefully can kick off here again tomorrow and get it going. Not a deal breaker but would be great to re-live some of the classic GC games. Thanks heaps for the help.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already had that file on there. Swapped it for yours though and still no good. 11pm here now and am wiped. Hopefully can kick off here again tomorrow and get it going. Not a deal breaker but would be great to re-live some of the classic GC games. Thanks heaps for the help.
Get a hold of me when you get up, we will figure it out, i saw some people had the same problem and it was solved by booting it from homebrew the first time.

Pixelise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have 3 noob questions:
1. Can we overclock retail games?
2. If first one yes - Can we like.. patch games with gecko codes? (For example to get 60FPS in Sonic Colors)
3. If second one no - Can we run the game and the gecko code OR geckoOS to run the game with the patch?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3 noob questions:
2. If first one yes - Can we like.. patch games with gecko codes? (For example to get 60FPS in Sonic Colors)
3. If second one no - Can we run the game and the gecko code OR geckoOS to run the game with the patch?
As far as i know, if the game doesn't need to be overclocked to work at full speed, it would crash, there is currently no way to use gecko codes on wii titles, but you can use them on gamecube games, they have to be in gct format and in a codes folder at the root of your sd card

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have 3 noob questions:
well yes we can but most games wont run probably since they will crash expecting wii speed tahts why even homebrew like nintendont needed an update for that.
if yu make the game on overclock vwii and patch the iso with all the fixes then probably but you would need somone that has alot of knowledge to make patches for games.

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Question about Gamecube injecting, so I tested some games (Spiderman 2 and Digimon Rumble Arena), they both can't save because there's no memory card detected. Where do I enable it? It doesn't do such thing when the injector generate the file.

Also, how to re-map the button configuration? Spiderman 2 told me to jump with A but I can only jump when pressed B on gamepad. But Digimon Rumble Arena mapped correctly.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Question about Gamecube injecting, so I tested some games (Spiderman 2 and Digimon Rumble Arena), they both can't save because there's no memory card detected. Where do I enable it? It doesn't do such thing when the injector generate the file.

Also, how to re-map the button configuration? Spiderman 2 told me to jump with A but I can only jump when pressed B on gamepad. But Digimon Rumble Arena mapped correctly.
It won't create it through Wii vc method so you need to do it through other ways. Look 6 posts up and stick that on your sd card root. Or just boot nintendont through vwii to create it. Buttons can be swapped by pressing select have you accidentally pressed select with Spider-Man

Last edited by Columbo2811,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?