Homebrew Homebrew app [Release] Video player for 3DS

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
For Fsuser Error, It Hoppens Before Playback Starts Then Goes Away, Mostly If Not Everytime With "Every Other" Video That Can Play. Almost Every Video With The Fsuser Error Freezes My System Upon Trying To Change The Video As Well, So Rip.

Does your file name contain any non-English character such as Japanese, Chinese, Korean or any special character?

Zeninari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Will Check Later And See, But I Dont Think So?

Ok So Status Update, Basicly All Of My Videos Play Except For 1(will give details later)

What I Dont Get Is The System Freezes Anytime I Play More Than 3 Videos In A Row. Is This A Bug Or A Side Effect Of Some Sort Of Memory Getting Full(like the ram).

Thanks!

Reactions: Core_2_Extreme

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ok So Status Update, Basicly All Of My Videos Play Except For 1(will give details later)

What I Dont Get Is The System Freezes Anytime I Play More Than 3 Videos In A Row. Is This A Bug Or A Side Effect Of Some Sort Of Memory Getting Full(like the ram).

Thanks!
ok, I think I fixed "Fsuser" error try this developer version.
For freeze the app, I couldn't fix it yet.
3dsx
cia

Reactions: Zeninari

Zeninari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks A Lot, I Will Try This Tomorrow!(i gotta go to bed)

ok, I think I fixed "Fsuser" error try this developer version.
For freeze the app, I couldn't fix it yet.
3dsx
cia
Ok Update:

Congratulations! As Far As I Can See Yes, The Fsuser Error No Longer Apears, And Also I Noticed That The App Loads WAY Faster So Props To That!

And Also I Think The Freeze Has Also Been Fixed As Well! (I Have Loaded Over 10 Videos And No Freezing!)

Edit: I Have Now Loaded Over 30 Videos In Sequential Order! I Have No Idea What You Did But You Have Seemed To Have Fixed All Of The Major Bugs I Was Experiencing By Accident!

Also I Am Now Testing To See If Closing Works And If Reopening Keeps These Properties!

Edit #2 Closing Crashes The System Sometimes(this is normal behavior for in development homebrew titles) And As Far As I Can See Yes The Freezing Has Been Fixed!

I Recommend You Release This To The General Public Unless You Need To Test Something Specific. Thanks To This Amazing Build! i'm literally crying with how good it is!

IMPORTANT EDIT: I Forgot To Mention I Use A New Nintendo 2ds LL, So I Dont Know The Behavior For Old Systems. Thanks!

Last edited by Zeninari,

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I correct that you currently support only MJPEG for 3D videos? I see that x264 has several options for storing 3D content:

Code:
      --frame-packing <integer> For stereoscopic videos define frame arrangement
                                  - 0: checkerboard - pixels are alternatively from L and R
                                  - 1: column alternation - L and R are interlaced by column
                                  - 2: row alternation - L and R are interlaced by row
                                  - 3: side by side - L is on the left, R on the right
                                  - 4: top bottom - L is on top, R on bottom
                                  - 5: frame alternation - one view per frame
                                  - 6: mono - 2D frame without any frame packing
                                  - 7: tile format - L is on top-left, R split across

Perhaps mode 5 (alternate one full left/right eye image each frame) would be suitable for supporting 3D H.264 streams on N3DS?

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Am I correct that you currently support only MJPEG for 3D videos? I see that x264 has several options for storing 3D content:

Code:
      --frame-packing <integer> For stereoscopic videos define frame arrangement
                                  - 0: checkerboard - pixels are alternatively from L and R
                                  - 1: column alternation - L and R are interlaced by column
                                  - 2: row alternation - L and R are interlaced by row
                                  - 3: side by side - L is on the left, R on the right
                                  - 4: top bottom - L is on top, R on bottom
                                  - 5: frame alternation - one view per frame
                                  - 6: mono - 2D frame without any frame packing
                                  - 7: tile format - L is on top-left, R split across

Perhaps mode 5 (alternate one full left/right eye image each frame) would be suitable for supporting 3D H.264 streams on N3DS?
Not only MJPEG but only videos that have 2 video tracks (1 track for left, 1 track for right eye).
And currently 3D video can't be played by using hardware decoder because it does not support decoding more than 1 track at the same time.

Thank you for your information, I'll try when I'm free.

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Maybe x264 can help you to work around that MVD_Services limitation. It sounds like mode 5 will allow you to store frames for both eyes in one video track, i.e. frames 0, 2, 4, 6 ... will be for the left eye, and frames 1, 3, 5, 7 ... will be for the right eye. That sounds easier to implement than the other modes, where views are side by side or interleaved within the same frame.

DragonW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a great program for the 3DS, some things I've noticed in my testing (H.264, AAC):
1280x720 works for 12-15FPS video, 960x540p at 24-30FPS, and 800x240 would probably be my go to for anything over 30.
Audio desynchs when skipping ahead or seeking, but remains stable if I just let the video play.
At each boot, the app does not save the LCD brightness setting to 164. I have a Luma build that allows for 172 brightness, but the app overrides it, so it would nice to be able to keep it there.
Overall it works surprisingly well on a New 3DS. It may not be full speed in HD, but just the fact that HD resolutions run is so cool. Thanks for developing this!

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
At each boot, the app does not save the LCD brightness setting to 164. I have a Luma build that allows for 172 brightness, but the app overrides it, so it would nice to be able to keep it there.
ok, I'll change the max brightness to 172 in next version.

One other thing. Subtitles don't seem to work for .mkv's, any plans to accept them?
I have plan to support subtitles in the future but not next version, sorry.

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France

JoelSonamShah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
New update works so good with the old 3ds with texture filter on. even the audio, video quality and speed are now perfect. I think this will make thirdtube on old 3ds more possible unless the slow wifi chip is limiting. Otherwise great job it works so good now.

Steven Lopez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been great seeing all of this progress! Thanks @Core_2_Extreme ! 800px mode looks great.

There is one issue that I've noticed (with at least versions 1.3.3, 1.4.0, 1.4.1, 1.4.2). I don't know if this issue has always been there and I'm just now paying attention OR if it is new (it seems new). The issue is that there is an audio desync of around 250ms-300ms. That is, people are talking but their mouths keep moving until about .25-.3 seconds after their audio stops. This is pretty noticeable in live action movies. I've tried using Avidemux to shift the audio 250ms forward and that makes it much better than it was, but it messes up timestamps and makes skipping backward/forward go to wrong places.

This issues occurs with .mp4 files translated with both of my encoders (ShanaEncoder and Any Video Converter). The frame rate is 23.976fps and the resolution is 800x480. The bitrate for the files is anywhere between 650Kbps and 850Kbps with 800px mode enabled. I've tried disabling multi-threaded decoding and it didn't help. Also, I'm on a New 3DS. This happens to anime and converted backed up Marvel movies. There is at least 1 new anime that this does not occur on, I think. I think the desync might be constant (not increasing or decreasing throughout playback), but I could very easily be wrong. It's definitely not the same as the original audio desync issue in the early versions where it got noticeably progressively worse the longer the video played.

I've tested these converted files on my computer and the audio is just fine, so it's the app on the 3DS that is causing the desync. Or maybe I just have a corrupted config file somewhere? I can do any testing you need me to do or send you video files that have the problem (seems to be almost everything now that I am digging in). Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Last edited by Steven Lopez,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over