Hacking [Release][v.1.5.1] Sky Army Knife - a Sky3DS Template Tool

jestr7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can freely modify headers, that's why I'm giving users the option to do so with the drop-down menus.
I'm not sure what you're trying to do, why are you using an identical value for both Unknown and Unique ID? They're separate, the Unknown ID comes from the original template, the Unique ID should be your private ID dumped from an original cartridge (unless you're making a template for an offline game, in which case you can put in random gibberish or Zero-Fill).

when you say original cartridge, you mean from mh4u specifically or will any private ID suffice? and how do i get it, been searching everywhere but no luck atm :cry:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is there any way to just update the headers to something random to keep the nintendo banhammer away?
No. Either it's a valid, private ID or no online without risks.

when you say original cartridge, you mean from mh4u specifically or will any private ID suffice? and how do i get it, been searching everywhere but no luck atm :cry:
It can be any ID from any cartridge, you can obtain one by using Gateway's dumper. If you have no means of obtaining an ID, ask some kind souls or refrain from playing online.

acoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No. Either it's a valid, private ID or no online without risks.

It can be any ID from any cartridge, you can obtain one by using Gateway's dumper. If you have no means of obtaining an ID, ask some kind souls or refrain from playing online.

do i need to worry if the game i'm getting the header from is 4gb rom or does that not matter (planning on asking someone to get a bargain bin game, to extract header)?

ramon2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The update is here! Some clean-up was done and a user guide is coming, any creative criticism and error reports are welcome and encouraged!

Sky Army Knife v.1.3

Foxi4,

First of all, thank you very much for this fantastic tool.

Since now you are parsing a Templates file, would it be possible to have a button something like "Fill EEPROM ID and Cart ID from the Template"? This would be useful in order to start "playing" with the existing values.

Thanks again

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Foxi4,

First of all, thank you very much for this fantastic tool.

Since now you are parsing a Templates file, would it be possible to have a button something like "Fill EEPROM ID and Cart ID from the Template"? This would be useful in order to start "playing" with the existing values.

Thanks again
It's a planned feature that involves busy work, converting strings to integers and other shenanigans, but it'll probably be implemented in 1.4. For now you can look the values up in the base template box. ;)

Reactions: ramon2000

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think it needs to be a genuine header, otherwise why would they destribute a template file?
To protect themselves from cloners, perhaps. The only genuine bits of the Sky headers are the Unique ID's and the serials, the rest is often mix-and-matched, there's plenty of entries with incorrect chip information.

jestr7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so let me ask a dumb question. gateway ROM patcher v1.1 allows you to generate a public ID for a custom header. Can i use that for my unique ID and stay undetected?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i now have a private header .bin file, can someone please help me on how to extract the uniqueID from this
Open the file in any Hex editor (HxD for instance), the UniqueID is the first line of the file (first 16 bytes). The next version of SAK will have a handy infos extractor so you won't need to use external applications.

Reactions: acoll

ss4gogeta069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^ This! Tells me invalid as well!

Also, I get an unhandled exception with Code Name Steam. It says the start index cannot be less than zero!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ninoh-FOX ss4gogeta069 The template issue was resolved a few pages back - the latest template starts with two empty lines for no reason - they have to be removed, otherwise SAK won't be able to perform a Magics check or import values. It's entirely Sky's fault for not keeping the template clean.

Reactions: Ninoh-FOX

ss4gogeta069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't change a thing. Still says invalid on the latest 3/12 template. I used a January template to try and get Code Name Steam added and I got the unhandled exception. Any ideas on that?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Didn't change a thing. Still says invalid on the latest 3/12 template. I used a January template to try and get Code Name Steam added and I got the unhandled exception. Any ideas on that?
The first line of the template should say "** : CTR-P-AXCP", open it in notepad, remove the first two empty lines and save it, then try to load it. It'll work.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkyArmyKnife needs a scrollbar. Using a small screen and can't finalize my template. Nor can I maximize.

Food for thought...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo