Hacking [release] Use blocked DS flashcards on 3DS, probably N3DS too.

Fulcaire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmmmm well there has been some weird blue cards in the past that worked on the original NDS but refused to work on the 3DS even for 4.x users....so it could just be one of those faulty cards.....try cleaning the terminals and using the different SD card see if that helps

Hmm weird. I still have my old 3DS XL with 4.4 firmware and I tried it on there.. it didn't work because it said "Cannot read _dsmenu.dat".
More progress than my N3DSXL though because my N3DS gives me an error and tells me to turn off.
If the labyrinth game shows in the first place that means the timewarp installed correctly though correct? It wouldn't show if I didn't do it right?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hmm weird. I still have my old 3DS XL with 4.4 firmware and I tried it on there.. it didn't work because it said "Cannot read _dsmenu.dat".
More progress than my N3DSXL though because my N3DS gives me an error and tells me to turn off.
If the labyrinth game shows in the first place that means the timewarp installed correctly though correct? It wouldn't show if I didn't do it right?
nope it would still show up.....make sure the SD card you used didnt already have emunand set up or something

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nope this does just break the signature checks on the whitelist....you could install anything at all and it would still break them as it wouldnt be signed.....so if someone fancies building a random cia file to break the whitelist without using the actual whitlist they can
Thanks, didn't know that. (Now I only need a way to downgrade to 4.0 or less to run my DS-X)

Showing "Cannot read _dsmenu.dat" means that you havn't installed the blue card files correctly or that it can't read the SD card correctly. The error which tells you to turn off is not better because it means that the card is blocked by the 3DS.

Fulcaire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, didn't know that. (Now I only need a way to downgrade to 4.0 or less to run my DS-X)

Showing "Cannot read _dsmenu.dat" means that you havn't installed the blue card files correctly or that it can't read the SD card correctly. The error which tells you to turn off is not better because it means that the card is blocked by the 3DS.

Yeah I did the files incorrect forgot to put them back on but still not working for the 3DS.. it is owrking on the old 3DS XL now though. Trying to see if I can reinstall the timewarp

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i guess any .cia file has nintendo's code? maybe not.
nope you would just need a dummy cxi with nothing really in it, or at least some basic homebrew app so it registers as a valid cxi, then you need to figure out a way to build a system title cia
any way I can uninstall the timewarp and try to reinstall? Its not letting me reinstall since program is already exists
nope, but that at least means you installed it correctly :huh:

or do that vvvvv, but if its installed you should be able to use the blue card

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
nope you would just need a dummy cxi with nothing really in it, or at least some basic homebrew app so it registers as a valid cxi, then you need to figure out a way to build a system title cia

yeah i tried to change the title id of a system title a while ago, that was hard enough (i gave up) :)

Reactions: gamesquest1

Fulcaire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

nope, but that at least means you installed it correctly :huh:

or do that vvvvv, but if its installed you should be able to use the blue card

Restore from a NAND backup.

Hmm okay I'll give it a shot.. I formatted the microSD card that I put into the 3ds before putting it in and only put the launcher and timewarp cia onto it. Went into gateway mode using OOT exploit and ran bigbluemenu off my gateway card to install the timewarp CIA... it should've installed into system nand right?

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm okay I'll give it a shot.. I formatted the microSD card that I put into the 3ds before putting it in and only put the launcher and timewarp cia onto it. Went into gateway mode using OOT exploit and ran bigbluemenu off my gateway card to install the timewarp CIA... it should've installed into system nand right?

If you think you might be in EmuNand for some reason, the way to check would be to pull out the SD card while in Gateway mode. If you're in EmuNand, the system will crash.

For whatever it's worth, it's possible you're having the same problem I had—I was never able to make this work on one of my old 3DS's. The CIA was installed—I know it was installed, DevMenu said that it was—but the blue card simply would not load. It worked perfectly fine on my other 3DS, and I eventually decided it was some kind of strange fluke and gave up.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
did you ever have emunand set up on it? like if its the 4GB card and you transfer emunand to a bigger SD, you need to remove the emunand partition manually, a normal format will leave it in place

check the size of the SD compared to what its mean to be, see if there is the 2gb missing for emunand still

Fulcaire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
did you ever have emunand set up on it? like if its the 4GB card and you transfer emunand to a bigger SD, you need to remove the emunand partition manually, a normal format will leave it in place

check the size of the SD compared to what its mean to be, see if there is the 2gb missing for emunand still

Ah damn you were right!! Thank you guys for all your help!
*edit*
I expanded the partition but didn't properly format to its regular capacity until I used SD Formatter. After that I was able to reinstall timewarp onto sysnand and it is now working . :) Thank you guys again!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm not sure, but I might be able to find out... if it ever did work...
Didn't the 3DS break those? I put a AR DSi in a 3DS before, and it broke the cart itself (it wouldn't work at all, even in a DSi which supports it).
ok some are compatible upto 4.4, so it will probably be blocked via TWL_FIRM.....so unless your on a standard 3DS and downgrade to 4.x you wont be able to use the action replay

actually im not sure it seems they released a patch after 4.4, so it *might* work with just the whitelist disabled
http://uk.codejunkies.com/support/article.aspx?article_id=451

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone +1