ROM Hack [Release] Usagi 3DS Theme Editor (+ .Net Library) - Testers Wanted

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I've a problem with the BGM. Whenever i put a BGM file into the folder the application gives me an error it says: BGM.BCSTM was not found however, it IS already in the folder so i don't get it. I've tried many ways but i get still the same error every time... Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?
Naming problem i believe, you should rename it to bgm.bcstm and put it exactly same folder as the body_lz.bin (for body_lz bin you can rename it to watever)

BrainRush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Naming problem i believe, you should rename it to bgm.bcstm and put it exactly same folder as the body_lz.bin (for body_lz bin you can rename it to watever)

What you mean? it is already named as bgm.bcstm like i wrote but it doesn't work. Other tools like Howling or YATA can open the music without any issues.

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
What you mean? it is already named as bgm.bcstm like i wrote but it doesn't work. Other tools like Howling or YATA can open the music without any issues.
It is exactly what i meant, you need to rename it as bgm.bcstm and put it at the same folder as the *.bin, oh and dont forget to enable the background bgm flag inside flags tab of usagi, if you already do all that i believe you won't found any trouble

BrainRush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It is exactly what i meant, you need to rename it as bgm.bcstm and put it at the same folder as the *.bin, oh and dont forget to enable the background bgm flag inside flags tab of usagi, if you already do all that i believe you won't found any trouble

But that IS exactly what i'm doing... I couldn't even open them with YATA or Howling if it was wrong. But i can and IT is in the right path with the right name. And it doesn't work.

Edit: I found the issue... it had something to do with my windows firewall or general security settings.

Last edited by BrainRush,

Tuiridh

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that IS exactly what i'm doing... I couldn't even open them with YATA or Howling if it was wrong. But i can and IT is in the right path with the right name. And it doesn't work.

Edit: I found the issue... it had something to do with my windows firewall or general security settings.

Capitals do matter in the version I am using. I originally had a file named BGM.bcstm and had to rename it to bgm.bcstm for it to recognize.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@usagirei
You could add the following functions.
1- An option that allows saving in a file the colors used in the theme. So if you want you can open this file in order to use the saved settings in a new theme.

2- An option that if marked save the settings made in the tab that activates the items that we want to use in creating the themes.

The program is being very useful for several users I believe that these functions would be very useful.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

usagirei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@usagirei
You could add the following functions.
1- An option that allows saving in a file the colors used in the theme. So if you want you can open this file in order to use the saved settings in a new theme.

2- An option that if marked save the settings made in the tab that activates the items that we want to use in creating the themes.

The program is being very useful for several users I believe that these functions would be very useful.

School stuff is over for now yeah, but I'm not getting home that soon, family gatherings and stuff, but this one should be pretty simple if I just add a option to create a new theme based on another one (creating a new theme already loads an existing but internal theme file, so it's just exposing that on a menu I guess)

I'll try to do some stuff, including the proper drag drop support for images, if I get home before New year's Eve, but not sure if I'll be back by then.

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
School stuff is over for now yeah, but I'm not getting home that soon, family gatherings and stuff, but this one should be pretty simple if I just add a option to create a new theme based on another one (creating a new theme already loads an existing but internal theme file, so it's just exposing that on a menu I guess)

I'll try to do some stuff, including the proper drag drop support for images, if I get home before New year's Eve, but not sure if I'll be back by then.
I know how it is. I had to do a monograph with more than 500 pages to finish my college this year. Being that I'm sure the teacher will only read about 30 pages. Thank you for your support and I look forward to the next update.

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
How can we change the language Usagi displays?
The system does not have a language selection panel. The translation is performed automatically according to the country. Honestly I find this unnecessary since the program changes the language by automatically placing the language according to the country that the user lives in. And if there is no translation for that country I believe that the program should use the standard language in the English case.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Namesnipe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The system does not have a language selection panel. The translation is performed automatically according to the country. Honestly I find this unnecessary since the program changes the language by automatically placing the language according to the country that the user lives in. And if there is no translation for that country I believe that the program should use the standard language in the English case.
I live in the U.S, but the default language is Spanish, and I can't change the system language.

usagirei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I thought the default language was English.

Default language is indeed English, he probably had set his locale to Spanish, but yeah deleting the locale folders will fallback to English, same with any untranslated text in the available translations.

usagirei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@usagirei A question will you update the Usagi's previous-mode generator to the new application that will replace CHMM2. 3dsthem's ADM is developing a new application to replace CHMM2 and the previous mode seems to have some additional functions.
Link news https://3dsthem.es/news.php?i=23
Let's wait and see if it will be necessary, probably won't have to make changes, if he keeps the current preview fornat (which don't really needs to be changed, can't get simpler than the two screens on top of each other)

LilyBloom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello there. I'd actually like to help you with the translations. I'd love to translate the 3DS Theme Creator in German, if that's okay for you.
(@usagirei )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv