jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Right now I redevelop the @usagirei software. I integrate the preview on a single line and integrate a bgm manager and a WAV to CWAV converter. The next options are added "little by little".
It's on github, you fork it, make changes, and then make a pull request. It's different from copying the source, making changes, renaming it, and then releasing it.

Ewin

Pika pika!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's on github, you fork it, make changes, and then make a pull request. It's different from copying the source, making changes, renaming it, and then releasing it.
Yes sorry I am French and I could make a mistake of "word".
I have edited yes, I changed the name because I will add other options that have not been added by @usagirei. I will also change the design and layout.
So if it offends you, I'm sorry. I have edited this software to facilitate the creation of themes and the aesthetic level. @usagirei would not have touched the preview because it says it's bullshit, so I just added the choice of rows and other things that are very useful for creating themes.

Last edited by Ewin,

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Yes sorry I am French and I could make a mistake of "word".
I have edited yes, I changed the name because I will add other options that have not been added by @usagirei. I will also change the design and layout.
So if it offends you, I'm sorry. I have edited this software to facilitate the creation of themes and the aesthetic level. @usagirei would not have touched the preview because it says it's bullshit, so I just added the choice of rows and other things that are very useful for creating themes.
These changes are most welcome. And a small note, when the Yata was changed by third parties, they changed the name to Yata Plus. I did not see anyone complaining about the name change.

Jangy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a problem: I made a theme, but the frames around the game icons were glitchy, so I tried to fix it, but now, when I wnt to open the theme, it says "picking a theme" and then.....nothing! Every other theme works, so I made the theme again, but now it`s the same problem, plese help!

Jangy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a problem: I made a theme, but the frames around the game icons were glitchy, so I tried to fix it, but now, when I wnt to open the theme, it says "picking a theme" and then.....nothing! Every other theme works, so I made the theme again, but now it`s the same problem, plese help!

Ewin

Pika pika!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hey what is frame 0-2 sounds for?
Hoy, usually the sound frame for the themes is the noise level when you move the cursor,
on the SDK that's it. It allows to adapt the themes that have a FlipBook style.

Make sure your computer is not overloaded in memory and that windows explorer is open. Check also that you just did not see that when the window opens to select your body_lz.bin do not exit the arrow of the software. If the problem persists try with another computer or check your version

Xerlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I have a problem creating a theme from scratch, in practice I can create the theme without too much hiccups by following the guidelines (for resolution, audio format, sound track size etc) but when I try to install it on my old 3ds with CHMM installation does not go well in the sense that the theme seems to be installed but when I return home, the default white theme is set.
The strange thing is that in the preview of the program it works perfectly (the images are shown smoothly and the background sound is no problem)

How can I fix it? What can be the problem?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have a problem creating a theme from scratch, in practice I can create the theme without too much hiccups by following the guidelines (for resolution, audio format, sound track size etc) but when I try to install it on my old 3ds with CHMM installation does not go well in the sense that the theme seems to be installed but when I return home, the default white theme is set.
The strange thing is that in the preview of the program it works perfectly (the images are shown smoothly and the background sound is no problem)

How can I fix it? What can be the problem?
CHMM is a little broken, there is no issue with usagi

Reactions: Xerlan

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
How can i resolve this problem?There are other program can i use to install themes?I installed many with CHMM and i haven't any problem
You can convert them into .cia with Howling and then install with FBI.
If you don't have cfw, then... I don't know if there is another way

Reactions: Xerlan

Xenomorphic_Mewtwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I felt that while great applications, the current alternatives were a bit lacking in the Preview and User Experience Department.

So, another alternative for Custom Theme Creators, hopefully easing the process of creating them:

Usagi 3DS Theme Editor:

Requires:
  • .Net Framework 4.5
  • Windows Operating System (WPF doesn't work under Mono! However there are some markup languages which do, you can try to fork and port it)

Features:
  • Live (Animated) Preview: supporting all Render Modes and Frame Types for both Screens
  • Colored and Textured Application/Folder Icons on the Preview
  • Animated Cursor on the Preview
  • Image Palette: pick colors from up to 20 colors from the top and bottom images most used colors
  • BGM Preview: Preview only, to generate the BGM.BCSTM, you may use the YATA+ Converter or similar alongside this application
  • Image Dithering: I hate banding, and i bet will now too: Example
  • Available in the following languages

The Library (ThemeEditor.Common):

Requires:
  • .Net Framework 4.5

Built from the Ground Up in a Object Oriented manner, you may use this for your own projects that require Loading/Editing the Theme files, without rewriting the wheel

Special Thanks to YATA, pk3DS and DSDecmp, from where the LZ11 Decompressing and Texture Decoding Algorithms were taken/ported from

Downloads:

Source Code: GitHub (MIT License)
Releases: GitHub

Theme with Dithering + Preview Sample: https://3dsthem.es/2031
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/t4yrm

If it crashes and you can reproduce it, the Feedback is Appreciated!

EDIT: If i got any of the credits wrong, make sure to notify me too!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Whenever i click the load button for the bgm, nothing happens.

pearlfect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm trying to set my top/bottom images to not scroll but no matter what it will just revert to fast scroll?

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Don't have any plans to in the foreseeable future. Did you want something in particular?
You could add a function, which allows you to save the colors used in the themes to a separate file. If I want to use the same colors, it would only be necessary to open the file, containing the colors used. You could add an option to save the activated settings. This would greatly facilitate the process of creating the themes.

You could add some alternative previous modes ?

usagirei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You could add a function, which allows you to save the colors used in the themes to a separate file. If I want to use the same colors, it would only be necessary to open the file, containing the colors used. You could add an option to save the activated settings. This would greatly facilitate the process of creating the themes.

You could add some alternative previous modes ?

Done 1 and 2.
More Preview Modes? Not happening.

New Release Out: 1.0.12.0

• Perform Edge-Bleeding upon importing Non Power of Two Images (non 512x256, etc, such as 412x240)
  • Added Menu to Import/Export Colors and Flags to a Text File
  • Added Option to Replace the Default (New) Theme, place a file named default_body_lz.bin on the Application root, and it'll be utilized when clicking "New" or launching the application
  • Fade-Out the image drop-zones if they aren't set (Highlights which images are already set)

Attachments

• top_eb.png
    top_eb.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 268
  • top_non_eb.png
    top_non_eb.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 288
Last edited by usagirei, , Reason: Added Sample Images for Edge Bleeding
Reactions: Ryumaru

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I felt that while great applications, the current alternatives were a bit lacking in the Preview and User Experience Department.

So, another alternative for Custom Theme Creators, hopefully easing the process of creating them:

Usagi 3DS Theme Editor:

Requires:
  • .Net Framework 4.5
  • Windows Operating System (WPF doesn't work under Mono! However there are some markup languages which do, you can try to fork and port it)

Features:
  • Live (Animated) Preview: supporting all Render Modes and Frame Types for both Screens
  • Colored and Textured Application/Folder Icons on the Preview
  • Animated Cursor on the Preview
  • Image Palette: pick colors from up to 20 colors from the top and bottom images most used colors
  • BGM Preview: Preview only, to generate the BGM.BCSTM, you may use the YATA+ Converter or similar alongside this application
  • Image Dithering: I hate banding, and i bet will now too: Example
  • Available in the following languages

The Library (ThemeEditor.Common):

Requires:
  • .Net Framework 4.5

Built from the Ground Up in a Object Oriented manner, you may use this for your own projects that require Loading/Editing the Theme files, without rewriting the wheel

Special Thanks to YATA, pk3DS and DSDecmp, from where the LZ11 Decompressing and Texture Decoding Algorithms were taken/ported from

Downloads:

Source Code: GitHub (MIT License)
Releases: GitHub

Theme with Dithering + Preview Sample: https://3dsthem.es/2031
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/t4yrm

If it crashes and you can reproduce it, the Feedback is Appreciated!

EDIT: If i got any of the credits wrong, make sure to notify me too!
I get this crash when I try to re create my lost attack on pizza (titan theme)

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: src
at System.Buffer.BlockCopy(Array src, Int32 srcOffset, Array dst, Int32 dstOffset, Int32 count)
at ThemeEditor.Common.Graphics.RawTexture.<EdgeBleed>g__EdgeBleedY18_0(Int32 r, Int32 y0, Int32 y1, <>c__DisplayClass18_0& ) in D:\GIT\Projects\3DS Theme Editor\ThemeEditor.Common\Graphics\RawTexture.cs:line 177
at ThemeEditor.Common.Graphics.RawTexture.EdgeBleed(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 sx, Int32 sy) in D:\GIT\Projects\3DS Theme Editor\ThemeEditor.Common\Graphics\RawTexture.cs:line 208
at ThemeEditor.WPF.MainWindow.LoadImage_PostExecute(LoadImageResults args) in D:\GIT\Projects\3DS Theme Editor\ThemeEditor.WPF\MainWindow.Images.cs:line 355
at ThemeEditor.WPF.RelayCommandAsync`2.<Execute>d__11.MoveNext() in D:\GIT\Projects\3DS Theme Editor\ThemeEditor.WPF\RelayCommand.cs:line 0
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.