ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBC VC Injector for 3DS

tobiobito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey question about the product code. Is there a specific reason that you have it force the "CGB-P"-XXXX part as appose to the user inputting any product code they wish?

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your tool is great. I'm looking forward the GBA version, it is exactly the kind of all-in-one tool we need. Thank you for your work. ;)

Reactions: Asdolo

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey question about the product code. Is there a specific reason that you have it force the "CGB-P"-XXXX part as appose to the user inputting any product code they wish?
No, there isn't a specific reason, but I think it's more organized and best looking like that. If It's a really big deal, I guess I'll let the user to input in the next version...

Can the new VC have save points(or whatever its called)?
I only tried RBY, and those have save-states disabled. I tried to inject a rom there, but the palletes are messed up, so the new VC only works well with GB (non color) roms. For my GB injector I'll have the option to make a New VC injection (for who doesn't want a save-states function).

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For my GB injector I'll have the option to make a New VC injection (for who doesn't want a save-states function).
I was just about to suggest that, right now that's the only thing that kills the current injector for when i play pokemon gsc as it just doesn't feel right to have the game load up at the exact same spot before i quit rather than loading from the title screen. great job though, i'm really enjoying this injector! :)

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I was just about to suggest that, right now that's the only thing that kills the current injector for when i play pokemon gsc as it just doesn't feel right to have the game load up at the exact same spot before i quit rather than loading from the title screen. great job though, i'm really enjoying this injector! :)
But, like I said, it'll onlye a feature of GB (non color) injection. At least a GBC without savestates come out to eshop...

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
But, like I said, it'll onlye a feature of GB (non color) injection. At least a GBC without savestates come out to eshop...
Pokémon Yellow AFAIK is a GBC release without save states. Thing is that all pokémon re-releases have patches applied on the fly to change some things. In case of Yellow, other than adding wifi support and reducing flashes, they changed Jynx color and patched the beach mini game so the starter pikachu can access it without knowing Surf.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pokémon Yellow AFAIK is a GBC release without save states. Thing is that all pokémon re-releases have patches applied on the fly to change some things. In case of Yellow, other than adding wifi support and reducing flashes, they changed Jynx color and patched the beach mini game so the starter pikachu can access it without knowing Surf.
they should had made a way to get the surf ingame... neh NOA don't like to improve stuff, just downgarde xp

btw this don't work because it have very low color pallets as I saw, in japan for some reason the special pikachu/yellow is a GB vc, no color, maybe they just added the needed colors to it , but no full gbc support (well I think we can call it an improvement?lol)

Also the link is game specific, maybe would work online on gen1 pokemon unless they find a way to awesome adapt it XD

even so, Placing a poke GSC there, will not have save state but maybe the clock will not work? õ3o we could test....
look here https://gbatemp.net/threads/gb-c-injection-with-the-new-generation-of-vc.416318/

tobiobito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, there isn't a specific reason, but I think it's more organized and best looking like that. If It's a really big deal, I guess I'll let the user to input in the next version...

I would leave it as is for the organization. I was just curious about it for a project I am working on.

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
We can't just inject any ROM into new VC. The new VC is a special version/compilation of the classic VC . It's made specially for the gen1 releases. It only works fine with GB injections or GBC injections but those who are compatibles with classic GB (poke gold, silver, not crystal), and even you'll need to play without colors.
Pokemon yellow have special pallets (not as fully as a real GBC rom). It's a GBC ROM that is compatible with GB.

1ted59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great tool, this makes custom VC games much easier to make. I've been having a problem though, when I reach step 4 with a premade icon and banner the finish option is greyed out for some reason. Image here: http://imgur.com/fOsNhUf

Is there any easy way to fix this?

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Great tool, this makes custom VC games much easier to make. I've been having a problem though, when I reach step 4 with a premade icon and banner the finish option is greyed out for some reason. Image here: http://imgur.com/fOsNhUf

Is there any easy way to fix this?
It seems I haven't tested too deep... Sorry about that, I'll fix it as soon as I can!

Reactions: 1ted59

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Reactions: Razor1993

Site & Scene News