Hacking [RELEASE] UAE4ALL - Amiga emulator

petarku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys , i installed uea4all2 vpk , latest version I am playing swos fine from adf-s but when i save configuration I dont know how i can load it so i dont need to choose all the time adf files and setup other things . Are the save states working for you. I can choose to save state but then when i want to load it , it says no file found or something like that

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys , i installed uea4all2 vpk , latest version I am playing swos fine from adf-s but when i save configuration I dont know how i can load it so i dont need to choose all the time adf files and setup other things . Are the save states working for you. I can choose to save state but then when i want to load it , it says no file found or something like that
Hi, you need to start loading SWOS and then load the save state. The up to date version for season 16/17 is awesome and I think there is a link to it earlier in the thread. You have to load it a slightly different way but it's worth it!

petarku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whatever i do i cannot get save states working , get all the time file not found even when game is running.
How i load configuration ? for example in winuae i can save swos.config and load it , here it allows me to save config but i dont know how to load it.
Thanks in advance

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a bit of a nightmare myself getting it all sorted (due in no small part to my own stupidity!)

The best thing to do is -

1. Download the latest version of SWOS from here - (selecting Amiga version Windows)

http://files.swos.eu/swos16-17/

2. Unzip file. You will now have a folder 'SWOS16/17'
3. Put this folder in the 'Roms' folder in your vita.
4. Open UAE4All. Set it to 'A1200'.
5. Select 'Hardisk and memory options'
6. In the 'Boot HD' select 'Dir'
7.Select 'HD Dir' (press X) You will be in your roms folder. Go to the 'swos16/17' and press Select. (when you return to the 'memory and disk options' page you will see 'swos1617' next to 'HD Dir'
8.return to the main UAE4ALL page. (make sure that there are no disks in 'DFO').
9. Press the right shoulder button. SWOS will load.
10. To make a save press 'start' this gest you back to the main UAE4ALL page. Select 'Savestates' Then go down to 'save state' and press X.
11. the game is now saved. The next time you want to play boot up swos as i've described above and as it starts to load press start, then go to 'savestates' and press 'Load Save'. Voila!

petarku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@RitchieRitchie if i download amiga version windows it is exe file that i cant open on mac. Osx version is actually using wine so i am not sure really which dir to use on vita as hd dir.
If you could zip me folder you are using in vita as hd folder i will be greatfull otherwise I will try to edit hdf file when i get acess on old windows machine and put data folder from amiga lha guys have on site. This what you explain for save states i what i do. It say that is saved but then wont load when i press load save.

Would you know where configuration files go when I save configuration. How i can load them up
Thanks for trying to helm me to setup

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
@RitchieRitchie if i download amiga version windows it is exe file that i cant open on mac. Osx version is actually using wine so i am not sure really which dir to use on vita as hd dir.
If you could zip me folder you are using in vita as hd folder i will be greatfull otherwise I will try to edit hdf file when i get acess on old windows machine and put data folder from amiga lha guys have on site. This what you explain for save states i what i do. It say that is saved but then wont load when i press load save.

Would you know where configuration files go when I save configuration. How i can load them up
Thanks for trying to helm me to setup
You download the Amiga 'LHA' version (i can email it to you if you pm me). I've not used the config save option so can't help you there I'm afraid. Have you been able to use savestates for other games?

petarku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You download the Amiga 'LHA' version (i can email it to you if you pm me). I've not used the config save option so can't help you there I'm afraid. Have you been able to use savestates for other games?
Thanks i figured out i should use LHA, it was confusion about Windows in your post.
You helped me a lot so i am able to play the newest swos on vita , thank you one more time.

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

cdesign

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi is there a way to use touchscreen to emulate mouse?
if there is no way to, is it possible to configure physical button to game like dongeon master or captive?

Thanks

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
hi is there a way to use touchscreen to emulate mouse?
if there is no way to, is it possible to configure physical button to game like dongeon master or captive?

Thanks

No. If you mean to program a physical button to simulate a mouse click on a button then also no.

However check the manuals for those games. A lot of them have many keyboard shortcuts and you can program those onto Vita buttons using the custom control menu. For example cursor keys to dpad and/or number keys to L/R etc.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
New release of uae4all2_mod (pull request to Cpasjuste made)

https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases

• improved joystick diagonals and deadzone when controlling the Amiga joystick with Vita analog stick. The joystick analog-to-digital conversion is now done using a proper radial deadzone with eight symmetric angular zones for the possible directions.

• fix autofire for ply 2 w/o custom controls

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Swos seems to handle much better now, cheers.

If only the sounds in IK+ worked properly this emu would be just about perfect.
Thanks for the update (I won't be bale to try it out until the weekend unfortunately) . In what way does SWOS play better from the previous build? Cheers.
r

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes if you decide to use the Vita analog stick to control the Amiga games, it should now be much better, especially hitting diagonals with the stick.

If you use the Dpad then there's no change.

EDIT: new release that slightly fixes the diagonal zones, they were not 100% symmetrical before:
www.github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases

Changelog
  • fix analog stick angular zone sizes (22.5 degrees per half zone now e.g. eight 45 degree zones)
Explanation is here:
https://gamingprojects.wordpress.co...-analog-joystick-to-digital-joystick-signals/

Last edited by rsn8887,

Lineacero

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
me gustaria saber si es posible poner caratulas a cada juego en este emulador de amiga?.
Seria muy bueno que tuviera caratulas cada juego para implantar en el emulador.
gracias

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1