Hacking [Release] The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki - Evolution Psvita

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gona try this with nonpdrm, placing files in the patch folder ........................ biggest problem making some space on memory card!

EDIT

nonpdrm dump/patch is rulled out since the eboot.bin requires patching, I think that was obvious but, guess I could try anyway

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

metalic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Data.psarc patch works
Data0.psarc patch works
Data1.psarc patch works
Eboot.bin patch NOT working

There is also a data2.psarc file but there is no patch for that one.

Hope someone can upload patched eboot.bin somewhere. Thanks.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't update, but it is not working.

tested with the NONPDRM rip of the game, xdelta won't identify the files, I think this patch is for a mai dump of the game, even if that were true mai dump doesn't touch the assets, only the eboot.bin. Needless to say, I think the patch is broken.

(the series before going full 3D on vita as Trails in the Sky, uses those ugly RPG MAKER life bars, and elevator music, however, this part of the series seem to have slightly better than elevator music)

someone have success with the patch? (I don't like the game that much to keep hammer testing, played the first entry on the psp, two times, and got bored to death each time, so I couldn't finish the game ................ but the experience is entirely different once it went fully 3D on the vita, that, and Tokyo Xanadu)

EDIT = Got some result turning off checksum, (used this with pokemon gba patches) (batch file in dotted lines) (xdelta3-3.0.11-i686)
ECHO on

xdelta3-3.0.11-i686.exe -d -n -vfs data0.psarc data0.psarc.xdelta data0.psarc.ENGLISH

PAUSE

data0.psarc from nonpdrm dump, patched
data1 - patched
data - patched

eboot.bin not working, the xdelta error, tried a few versions but, it asks for a file that is 64mb in size, I could try padding the file ... only thing I can think of if we do need to pad the file, is that this was a fix for xdelta's buffer length in patching certain data types.

used "dummyFile" (from the old ps2 days of padding an iso), created 64 mb file
used "winhex" to "write in" the hex files of the eboot.bin
patch successful in xdelta for eboot.bin

patched file size = 2.11 MB (2,215,936 bytes)

I guess we have to use MAIDUMP because the eboot.bin file is modified (meaning add the game to the mai folder and then install, versus, adding the game's folder directly into the APP folder for the nonpdrm plugin)

It wasn't a really bad experience on the PSP, but shortly before the opera scene I couldn't find some items for a fetch quest. Actually I remember now the first game kept spamming the same tower dungeon theme and puzzles that's what really killed that game! But, I thin this one is much better! Somewhat better!

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patch successful in xdelta for eboot.bin

patched file size = 2.11 MB

Can you upload the patched eboot.bin? Thanks.

Link Removed

are you trying to get me banned, but I suppose if the file is just unreadable data it won't matter right

anyway, I am just minutes from testing all this with mai dump, and no, if the xdelta has problem with certan data types, because of buffer issue, then you'll have to use a larger file or maybe another patcher if it can handle it! (used nonpdrm source, but I have to use mai dump because eboot.bin is patched)

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(installation failed, but, I did disable the checksum with xdelta patcher, going to try the mai dump version and then repeat the whole process!)

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the eboot.bin was not dumped with maidump, it was nonpdrm ................... gona repeat the stepts with a maidump, should only take a few minutes

Link Deletedhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/17YQ_vk8u4P3DpD4p3CEWm9qveUYwCWUx/view?usp=sharing

I'm deleting that link but, the patch does work with maidump version for the eboot.bin .................. without padding to 64mb file size ..................... that was it, so it should work now (since maidump doesn't patch assets, if you have nonpdrm all you need really is the eboot.bin then to install to the mai folder for maidump in vita) (rename the file to eboot.bin) (so you are kinda being punished if you had a retail copy and a bonified released with nonpdrm)

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hm tried to patch it with own created maidump of the game and with an eboot from a nonpdrm release but get always the message "source file too short"... even maidumped the nonpdrm ver but nothing works^^ can someone tell me what i´ve to do or help out with the eboot?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?