[Release] TemperPCE for 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by bubble2k16, Jun 18, 2017.

1. ninfas

ninfas Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2017
    United Kingdom
    @bubble2k16. First many thanks for your amazing emulators. I will hopefully be getting a n3DS XL soon and look forward to using them.

Sorry if this has been asked before but could you port an arcade game emulator? FBA for CPS1, CPS2 and neogeo games on n3ds would be awesome. There is also pepone's gngeo a dedicated emulator for neogeo mvs games

Last edited by ninfas, Apr 29, 2018
  2. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    no! plz old 3ds/2ds scene needs you!

3. Ramzitv1

Ramzitv1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2017
    but we already have retroarch that has Arcade (CPS1,CPS2,Neo geo games) for n3ds.or you could get Arcade Virtual console Cias

4. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    Sorry, but the 3DO will be the next console bubble will emulate on the 3DS. :P

5. GreatCrippler

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    So, I am getting conflicting info. Some places say this will run SuperGrafx games, and others say no. I certainly can't get them to run. Just wondering if I am missing something?

6. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    They do work in the latest build. The SGX games must have "(SGX)" in its filename.

7. GreatCrippler

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Works like a charm. Thanks much.

8. cihalfaon

cihalfaon Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2018
    United States
    Problems running Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes.

Cutscenes seem to work fine, but in gameplay, the framerate jumps to ~70FPS, and the audio also gets badly desynced (possibly because of the framerate).

Dunno if this is news or even specific to the 3DS version of Temper, but.

9. someguy12345

someguy12345 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    United States
    Any chance this could get a forwarder?

10. nyder

nyder GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2014
    United States
    It has a cia version in the download.

11. someguy12345

someguy12345 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    United States
    Right, I mean a per-game forwarder though.

12. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    TemperPCE for 3DS v1.02 - Orange TG16 / PCE Style Edition

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Credit and thanks goes to...

What is this?
    Why does this emulator has so many colors?
    I ran out of ideas and went for a Hail Mary. There are no classic remakes for the NEC-Hudson gaming system to draw inspiration from, and I've never physically seen or played with an original in person. The colors were basically cobbled up from various game cover arts and what not. Rads, retro fans, and LGBT rejoice! *

All your Q&As were pretty negative. You okay bro?
    Gotta beat myself up so you don't have to. *taps forehand*
    I am now, now that all four of these alternatives are finished. :D

Do you plan to do any more of these? What about updates or other emulators?
    Heaven's no! Hex editing sucks. I ain't touching any of these again if it can be helped. Peace out!

Edit - * My bad. That bit's insensitive.

Update Changes Log

Alternative Series
    • Snes9x - [1]
    • VirtuaNES - [2]
    • PicoDrive - [3]
    • TemperPCE - [4]

Attached Files:

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Oct 9, 2018
    Vulpes-Vulpeos likes this.
  13. FoxyGrandyboi

FoxyGrandyboi Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2017
    United States

Looks like you figured it out, would you mind helping me wrap my head around this? I have what I assume is the correct arcade card file (CRC 6D9A73EF) but I still can't get sapphire to work. I read that this is the correct CRC from the retroarch site to play all CD arcade games. I've named the file syscard3.pce just like the original post. How did you get it to work? :blink:

14. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    StarGate sucks, but that (\/)@x <0|\|$0l3 forum has BIOS files collected for bubble emulators.

[​IMG]

15. FoxyGrandyboi

FoxyGrandyboi Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2017
    United States

Thanks, but I still can't get past the bikini girl screen. Maybe it's something other than the syscard3? I don't know if you tried the game or not but if you did, was it playable? If the problem does lie somewhere other than the bios, then I really don't know what's going on.

It might be that the bios in that package don't have a seperate arcade card bio? I know in the original post there were two syscard3.pce files that I assume had to be swapped out depending on the game. I think I might be missing the arcade one still.

Last edited by FoxyGrandyboi, Sep 22, 2018
  16. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    If you got your game at that hustler site, Star Parodia (with *cue and *.iso files) didn't work on my setup. I think a clean version of the game was found at emuparadise before they stopped hosting roms. I'll see if the game even works on a PC Engine desktop emulator before declaring it broken.

17. FoxyGrandyboi

FoxyGrandyboi Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2017
    United States
    That’s what I’m most scared of. I’m actually trying to play Sapphire, I’ve tried it 4 times with 4 different sources so I’m confident it’s not the rom. Let me know if it works or not, I’ll try with a computer emulator as well. I think I have Magic Engine lying around.

EDIT: It was the bios. I just tried the rom with Emuhawk and it worked perfectly. I'll try putting on my 3ds next and testing it out. This time I won't rename the cd bios syscard3.

Aaaaaaand I'm an idiot. TIL there's a feature to change the BIOS in the actual emulator. I've been loading the wrong bios this entire time. Well, hopefully if anyone shows up with the same problem they will learn from my mistakes. (-_-)

Last edited by FoxyGrandyboi, Sep 22, 2018
  18. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    I got the game to work on my n3DSXL. Are you by any chance using my alternative fork of TemperPCE found on post #234?

:!: I have made a terrible mistake with my releases. Please read.
    Anyone who is using the unofficial orange version of TemperPCE, the BIOS will not work because of the folder names.

INCORRECT
    • 3ds/temperpce_3ds [alt]/syscards/...
    CORRECT
    • 3ds/temperpce_3ds/syscards/...

This also means that the *.3dsx and *.smdh have to renamed as temperpce_3ds instead of temperpce_3ds [alt].

When I set out to create these alternatives, I wanted to distinguish them from bubble's official branch using the [alt] moniker. I didn't know the bios would be pointed to hard directories versus relative directories.

@FoxyGrandyboi, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will now pull all four of my releases to make the naming corrections.

the copy of Star Parodia I used was Star_Parodia_(NTSC-J)_[HCD2024].

*.iso = 692EA366
    *.cue = 7438A5B0

If you use syscard3.pce with CRC32 hash of 2B5B75FE, the game will refuse to work with this error.

[​IMG]

However, if you use syscard3.pce that has the hash of 6D9A73EF like you pointed out, the game will launch, get past the character selection, and start SCENE 1 shooting spree. I used both CD-ROM v3 or Arcade CD BIOS options without any problems.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Sep 22, 2018
    FoxyGrandyboi likes this.
  19. able

able Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    United States
    ok my .bin or .iso files wont show up in temperpce but they are on the sd card, any suggestions?

20. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    I got your PM, but I'll answer your question here.

I don't know about the files named as *.bin, but for *.iso (for PC Engine CD games), you need an accompanying *.cue file in the same directory as the *.iso.