Homebrew [Release] Sunshell - A powerfull shell for 3DS

ztoben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a theme, but here's a background I've been using if anyone wants it.

3f6gL5t.jpg

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: Margen67

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I'm bored to say always the same thing:
Have you read the Readme for Installation instructions?

P.s. new version almost finished, i need only to update titles parsing list and fix minor bugs.

Future changelog:
- Updated titles parsing list.
- Added icon on topbar when WiFi is off.
- Added background icon system support to Clock module.
- Solved Calc module issue which prevents you to append decimals to zero.
- Solved Calc module issue which prevents you to append zeros as decimals.
- Solved Calc module issue which causes crash if you try to delete a one-digit number.
- Solved Calc module issue which causes crash if you click equal button before doing any operation.
- Added Theme Manager module to apply Sunshell themes.
- Solved screen flickering issue with errors and warnings.
- Added CIA importing support to Filebrowser for 3DSX build.
- Added imported CIA support to Applications for 3DSX build.
- Added CIA Manager access to 3DSX build.
- Added sound support to 3DSX build for N3DS users.
- Added "Song" Cycle Mode in Music module to loop a single song.
- Solved noise and overlap issues with big duration OGG files.
- Solved random crashes issue with music playback.
- Solved wrong audio end (with overlap) for OGG files.
- Added Vorbis audiocodec support for JPGV videos in Filebrowser and Videos.
- Solved stuttering issues if an OGG file is playing.
- Solved random flickering screen issue with font usage.
- Made controls triggering more reactive in Music module.
- Now font printing will be used also in Filebrowser, Calc, Mail, FTP Server and Photo modules.
- Changed default font with a more complete ones.
- Now currently played song will be printed in blue in file list in Music module.
- Solved wrong "&" char blending in Applications module.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Wow. This will be a huge update. Sound on N3DS homebrew is fantastic!

Edit: I misunderstood. Perhaps one day ;)

One question: All these CIA updates for 3dsx... Will it be possible to boot CIA files? Please make it happen. If it will happen this and NTR will be the best combination ever :)

CaptainSodaPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Scrobbling music for Last.fm in a form of a log file would be a great support.Something like the Light MP3 player on PSP and Rockbox.That method.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Version 0.3 released!

Full changelog:
- Updated titles database for parsing feature.
- Now statusbar on Video module updates its status in realtime and not by percentage changes.
- Solved a bug in Extdata Module which causes crash if you open a file, exit module and re-enter it.
- Solved random "error reading file" crashes bug.
- Solved Calc module issue which causes crash if you try to delete a one-digit number.
- Solved Calc module issue which causes crash if you click equal button before doing any operation.
- Now font printing will be used also in Extdata Manager, Filebrowser, Calc, Mail, FTP Server and Photo modules.
- Now currently played song will be printed in blue in file list in Music module.

Download: Can be found on my homepage
P.S. Also updated vid2jpgv to convert your videos to JPGV files. Now it supports also Vorbis audiocodec :D (It can be found also on my homepage).

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Cool! If I install this.. Will it boot after power down just like CHMM? Or do we have to boot it up from ninjhax and the 3dsx file every time?

Hope you will have CIA support one day :)

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
What do you intend with "will it boot after power down just like CHMM?"
CIA support????

Anyway, seems there are issues with netsons hosting refresh so i finally decided to migrate to a new private hosting.
Version is 0.3 NOT 0.2 BETA so wait for netsons update (or if i finish first, wait for new hosting).

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
New website on so v.0.3 released!
Download can be found here: http://www.rinnegatamante.it

UPDATED Full Changelog:
- Added support for OGG metadatas extraction (Title and Author).
- Updated titles database for parsing feature.
- Now statusbar on Video module updates its status in realtime and not by percentage changes.
- Solved a bug in Extdata Module which causes crash if you open a file, exit module and re-enter it.
- Solved random "error reading file" crashes bug.
- Added TTF Viewer to available softwares in Filebrowser Module.
- Now font printing will be used also in Extdata Manager, Filebrowser, Calc, Mail, FTP Server and Photo modules.

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New website on so v.0.3 released!
Download can be found here: http://www.rinnegatamante.it

UPDATED Full Changelog:
Folder structure changed for themes (cleaner top directory), and alarm.wav is now alarm.ogg, 3.5 MB smaller. Cool :)

Here's the bugs I noticed in v.0.3 BETA (More or less in the order that I noticed them). I'm on a New3DS using the cia build on 9.5U emunand.
* Diagonal screen tearing still. Makes it pretty annoying to use any features.
* Names in cia list and application list sometimes have funny names, I assume if the name isn't found in the dictionary. ("0`u[][]`e[]" under applications, where `e is an accented e and [] is a single character box, in cia manager, "([]&")
** When hitting A on application to delete it, and then cancelling, all names turn into "[](c)", that's two characters, the box and the copyright symbol.
* calculator display is inaccurate. 2/9 = 0.2; 1/3 = 0. The buttons should be in a more standard format, and what is displayed while inputting could be better (show full equation while inputting). (1/3)*3 = 1, though (not 0.999999999), so points for that.

* FTP server seems to more or less work. Really good speed (between 170 KiB/s on my first file, then 270 to 340 KiB/s on the next ones, they were all about the same size), maybe faster than ftbrony (about 200 KiB/s). Not as good speed as whatever Samba thing the sdcard management does (2.5 MB/s)
** Still had to restart it in order to start my file transfers, and then after the file transfers finished, it didn't want to let me list directories anymore. Some incompatibility between both traversing directories and writing data. This is consistent; if I don't LIST(), then I can start transfers, but if I LIST(), then Error connecting to the server. Have to restart the ftp server once I'm in the directory I want to drag my file into. This makes copying subdirectories impossible.
** deleted a file, then it remained after I listed directory contents again. Couldn't figure out any way to make it delete the file.
** only one file transfer supported at a time but I was able to transfer 12 ogg files without it crashing.
** file resume not supported.

* Can't hit A to clear Error message (VIDEO folder is empty). Have to tap OK

* "Musics" module
** "Musics" may be a typo, I don't think we pluralize it that way. It's spelled "Musics" in the top bar.
** Music is listed in the order that it was copied, not alphabetical or any other sorting
** Unfortunately, there is some skipping during ogg playback. Sorry. The music application is able to recover, continue playback without crashing, but about every 20 seconds or so, it's unable to keep up. When it gets to the end of the file (after tripping like this), it's unable to finish playing out the song, because it knows it's been playing music for the file duration already, but it doesn't take into account the time while it was trying to recover playback.
** Can't play music and also do other things in sunshell. Not a bug, just would be nice to continue to do other things while playing music.

* In general, I would like to be able to hold up or down to move between items in lists (like in "Musics" module, or in CIA manager, or in applications, or in extdata manager, etc.) Pressing down and waiting for it to load, and pressing down feels unresponsive and tedious.

* Photo Module I
** Image scrolling in photo module is faster now, much better, not a bug.
** It seems like some images crash it. ("bad argument #3 to 'drawImage' (number expected, got np") I attached a couple that crash it. The pattern that I noticed is that it seems to only happen with small images, perhaps ones that are smaller than the 3ds screen. Large images load just fine.

* Mail module
** Interesting? I wasn't able to figure out the controls. I changed the body to "This is my e-mail body.WERTY" and then spammed buttons to try and find how to change the "To:" field. Eventually, the program froze up, and I wasn't able to hit start to exit, or home to suspend software. I thought it crashed, but about 20 seconds later, "Warning: Mail sent successfully!".
*** Probably working as intended, but very confusing in it's beta state.

* IP address under Console Info doesn't correspond to LAN ip or WAN ip. It says "247.7.224.216". I think this is not even a valid IP address, because 240.x.x.x to 255.x.x.x are reserved.

* Video module
** didn't test

* File manager
** Same OGG playback issues as music module

* Clock
** Alarm works, OGG playback is fine (maybe because of short length).
** Top screen no longer flashes violently while alarm is going off, also no tearing.
** Takes about 200 ms to refresh the screen during Chronometer run. This might be considered unacceptably latent for a stopwatch.

* During the whole time I used it, sunshell never forced me to restart my 3ds. Big improvement over my bug report 1 month ago. Would still appreciate home button support in case it does crash in a big way, but that didn't happen this time.
** until I tested the "can't close screen" bug, that is. That had the same effect as before; inescapable black screen, forced to reboot. I think you asked if it happened while music was playing? ("About first report, can you tell me if putting music module working with a Cycle mode and closing the lid result in correctly music cycle playback?") Closing the lid while playing music halts music playback. When the lid is opened again, black screens, must reboot.

Thanks as always for the hard work put into this program. It seems like it could be an essential homebrew once it matures.

Attachments

• crashme.zip
    63 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: Rinnegatamante

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Folder structure changed for themes (cleaner top directory), and alarm.wav is now alarm.ogg, 3.5 MB smaller. Cool :)

Here's the bugs I noticed in v.0.3 BETA (More or less in the order that I noticed them). I'm on a New3DS using the cia build on 9.5U emunand.

Thanks as always for the hard work put into this program. It seems like it could be an essential homebrew once it matures.

Thanks for your reports:

* Diagonal screen flickering is a common issue only for 3DS/CIA builds. I'm trying to find the problem from v.0.1 without success.
* Seems AM_GetProductCode is now broken, i'll try to fix it.
* Will be fixxed in next release.
* Calc needs to be improved, i'll take your reports as ideas for its improvement.
* Nothing to say
* (ALL FTP RELATED ISSUES) Try to download ftPony and see if you have the same issues.
* A support for popups will be added in next release.
* It will be renamed in next release.
* I'll make an alphabetical order listing in next release.
* Can you send me the OGG files which cause this bug?
* To use Music module in background just press SELECT to return Main Menu and not B.
* For Photos, i'll take a look to src and see where is the problem.
* I'll add controls info to bottom screen in next release.
* IP Address is correctly recognized only during FTP, probably i'll deprecate this info in Console Info module.
* For Clock module, i'll try to speedup it.
* When you close the lid and re-open it, removing and re-inserting the SD card should fix black screen issue but, when you try to move to another module, you'll get a crash. Can you confirm me this?

Reactions: Idaho and logg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup