ROM Hack [Release] [Spider] LeafTools: Animal Crossing New Leaf spiderhax

NeoKamek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this not work with 9.5.0-23U? And if so, is there anything I can do to make it work?

Nope :(

Depending on how badly you want to edit your town, maybe you can find a friend who hasn't updated, or buy a used un-updated 2DS for cheap or something, but if you downloaded the .23 update you're out of luck, ESPECIALLY if you're on a digital copy. (I actually had to update my primary 3DS, so I copied my digital save and moved it to a cart with Save Backup/Restore before updating)

Zeliah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Noob here ):

So I extracted the folder and put it in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder. Was I suppose to put it somewhere else? When I scan the QR code and go to the website, it just keeps saying "Downloading ROP... executing..." I cleared out the history/cookies.
Also, how do you know if it's "9.x firmware version BELOW 9.5.0-23"
This 3DS has the themes, and the new update. Not sure if that's messing it up.

Thank you for the help!! (:

Deleted member 355359

Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
Hello! Noob here ):

So I extracted the folder and put it in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder. Was I suppose to put it somewhere else? When I scan the QR code and go to the website, it just keeps saying "Downloading ROP... executing..." I cleared out the history/cookies.

Put all of the .bin files OUTSIDE of the Nintendo 3DS folder, on the root of the SD card.

NeoKamek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Noob here ):

If you downloaded the new update, then you have 9.5.0-23 and can't use LeafTools or any other spider-based hack. :( To verify, you can go into your System Settings, the version number is listed on the screen.

Also, make sure the .bin files go in the ROOT of your SD card - not within a folder. So you'll have "DCIM", then "Nintendo 3DS", and then the .bin files.

Never touch your "Nintendo 3DS" folder for any reason, this is where the system stores downloaded content and saves for downloaded games, and you could destroy your data inadvertently if you're not careful.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, another villager in boxes and the tool didn't work. Gonna have to hexedit it again. What I do is I enter the house, leave, then run the tool. That way I am without a doubt right in front of his/her house when I run it.

Zeliah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you downloaded the new update, then you have 9.5.0-23 and can't use LeafTools or any other spider-based hack. :( To verify, you can go into your System Settings, the version number is listed on the screen.

Also, make sure the .bin files go in the ROOT of your SD card - not within a folder. So you'll have "DCIM", then "Nintendo 3DS", and then the .bin files.

Never touch your "Nintendo 3DS" folder for any reason, this is where the system stores downloaded content and saves for downloaded games, and you could destroy your data inadvertently if you're not careful.

Bummer! Oh well. But this is super amazing, and I can't wait to see what people are able to do! Thank you for doing this & I wish you well (:

NeoKamek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, another villager in boxes and the tool didn't work. Gonna have to hexedit it again. What I do is I enter the house, leave, then run the tool. That way I am without a doubt right in front of his/her house when I run it.

Okay when I get a chance I'll update the tool so it forces everyone out of boxes even if they're not in boxes. Might be some other things going on there like a bitfield or something that's causing different values to show up as "in boxes".

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. it's no big deal for me since I've started getting the hang of the HEX editor (for the basics anyway). I just thought that since you made the tool, you'd like to know it's not working.

goomy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand the hex ID thing. How many bell bags are you supposed to put for A, B, C, etc, and for the numbers, do you just put that number but add 3 zeroes to the end? like if you have C7 how many bags would you put for C, and would you put 7000 because of the 7? sorry if I wasn't clear

petal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I updated to 9.5.0-23 because I didn't know about this hack at the time :( Do you know if this hack will be "updated" to work with the latest update? Also my sisters friend might have a 3ds that isn't updated to 9.5.0-23, but I'm kinda scared to borrow her 3ds because I might mess it up? Could that happen?

NeoKamek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand the hex ID thing. How many bell bags are you supposed to put for A, B, C, etc, and for the numbers, do you just put that number but add 3 zeroes to the end? like if you have C7 how many bags would you put for C, and would you put 7000 because of the 7? sorry if I wasn't clear

As explained in the first post you'd convert C into a decimal (A = 10, B = 11, C = 12, etc.), and multiply by 1000. So for C7 you'd put a 12,000 Bell bag in slot 1 and a 7,000 Bell bag in slot 2.

I updated to 9.5.0-23 because I didn't know about this hack at the time :( Do you know if this hack will be "updated" to work with the latest update? Also my sisters friend might have a 3ds that isn't updated to 9.5.0-23, but I'm kinda scared to borrow her 3ds because I might mess it up? Could that happen?

No, the exploit was sealed in 9.5.0-23, so there's no chance of any spider-based hack working on it. :(

palmleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
will you be making a hack for the newer update of the ds?
an if not is there anyway of downgrading your ds? :sad:

petal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As explained in the first post you'd convert C into a decimal (A = 10, B = 11, C = 12, etc.), and multiply by 1000. So for C7 you'd put a 12,000 Bell bag in slot 1 and a 7,000 Bell bag in slot 2.

No, the exploit was sealed in 9.5.0-23, so there's no chance of any spider-based hack working on it. :(

Aww really? Never ever? So there is no chance that I will ever get to use this hack unless I get a 3ds that hasn't been updated yet?

Deleted member 355359

Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
can some1 make a modded save for the digital copy's and upload the savedatafiler extracted version???

Save files are locked to 1 console. If you try to restore, say, my save file on your console, it would give you "This save file is not the current one saved. Delete it?" because save data info is signed and encrypted in the already encrypted 2 times NAND.

Deleted member 355359

Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
and there is no known way to downgrade from this version, right? :(

N to to the O. You might be able to break your NAND and send it into Nintendo for repair, and they might restore an image of 8.1 on your console (that's what they did with mine a month ago) but that is a VERY VERY VERY slim chance that will happen and you're better off buying a new 3DS (not THE new 3DS XL, A new original 3DS)

DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
I really want to try this but I dont want to enable wifi on my sysnand! (due to force update), I know people keep asking and you also said not to ask anymore but will there ever be an update that supports emunand?? Is it a technical reason why its incompatible or are you to busy?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1