ROM Hack [Release] [Spider] LeafTools: Animal Crossing New Leaf spiderhax

Ainsley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to hack ACNL, but unfortunately my firmware is updated. :[ Where do you think the best place to buy an old un-updated 3DS {or 2DS} would be? I tried gamestop, but theirs were all updated, and I've messaged a bunch of people on ebay who have used consoles listed asking if they could check the firmware version.

Does anyone else have any ideas? >.< Thank you so much!

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
I really want to hack ACNL, but unfortunately my firmware is updated. :[ Where do you think the best place to buy an old un-updated 3DS {or 2DS} would be? I tried gamestop, but theirs were all updated, and I've messaged a bunch of people on ebay who have used consoles listed asking if they could check the firmware version.

Does anyone else have any ideas? >.< Thank you so much!

Relatives, Friends, gumtree, craigslist, ebay, other forums.. I'm sure if you get your hands on a unopened new 3DS then odds are it'll probably have the firmware needed to hack, since it would have been produced before all of the crazy patches.

phamafy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Is it possible to undo the pwp-hack? I'm not able to build any new pwps, because once they're paid, they disappear. I know that there is a fix for it, but I just want to build them the normal way.

Ainsley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice, Jarrad! I actually just checked the firmware on my old 3DS and it's version 6.3.0-12U. Will that work or is it *too* old? Is there a way to update it to a 9.x version without it automatically updating to the newest one?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Anyone tried porting this to ARCode?
I'm trying to do the bank code (since it's apparently the simplest), but still confused :P

17naps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not sure if this has been asked already, but will it work on 9.5.0-22? i've been a bit iffy and confused, trying to find 9.0 - 9.4, but someone has one for 9.5.0-22? so i just wanted to make sure if it would work on that, thanks!

also what is a powersave LOL

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Eh. If the save data isn't in a fixed location in RAM I don't see ARCode possible.

not sure if this has been asked already, but will it work on 9.5.0-22? i've been a bit iffy and confused, trying to find 9.0 - 9.4, but someone has one for 9.5.0-22? so i just wanted to make sure if it would work on that, thanks!

also what is a powersave LOL
Yes it will.

axxeki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably should have just answered you instead of trying to be an ass.

Basically, when you use the Spiderhacks PWP unlocker/seeder it seems to glitch sometimes and your most recent building/PWP in your town will turn invisible.

To solve this just start a new PWP and in the same day cancel it. Your building/pwp should reappear. You'll have to do this every time you want to build something or someone moves in; which is why I always recommend directly editing your ram yourself and entering your own values when adding PWPS n stuff instead of using the hacks.
ah, thank you!! so, to clarify, if i had left the dock there, would i be able to build things manually after placing it? like if i started the campsite, immediately paid it off after placing it, went to the next day and then did the starting and canceling thing, would the campsite show up? (im not too worried about the villagers.. i dont really like any of mine lol)

Deleted member 355359

Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
Anyone tried porting this to ARCode?
I'm trying to do the bank code (since it's apparently the simplest), but still confused :P
Just use the LeafTools bank hack, withdraw a lot of Bells, then dump FCRAM, open the FCRAM file in Cheat Engine, search for your Bells value and it'll spit out offsets, bam, Action Replay code. I would do this myself but I don't have my 3DS with me sadly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Eh. If the save data isn't in a fixed location in RAM I don't see ARCode possible.
There are ACNL codes in the main ARCode thread.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Welp, here goes.
This should do what the bank code does (hopefully)

Code:
01FBEA8C 8CF95678
01FBEA90 0D118636

It's might be flipped around though.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
ah, thank you!! so, to clarify, if i had left the dock there, would i be able to build things manually after placing it? like if i started the campsite, immediately paid it off after placing it, went to the next day and then did the starting and canceling thing, would the campsite show up? (im not too worried about the villagers.. i dont really like any of mine lol)
Technically yes.

Just change them using the ram editor :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for the advice, Jarrad! I actually just checked the firmware on my old 3DS and it's version 6.3.0-12U. Will that work or is it *too* old? Is there a way to update it to a 9.x version without it automatically updating to the newest one?
Ah, I actually don't have a clue if you can use that firmware or not. The best solution would be to just test it out.

If it doesn't work, then I know there are some things you can do to upgrade your firmware to a specific date, like buying a copy of smash bros and updating it THROUGH the game card, so that it updates to a certain firmware - I have no real knowledge or exp of this, since my 3DS is hackable, though I've seen a few people talking about it on this forum. It's best to just look around and ask.

Good luck ~

Ainsley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much Jarrad! I'm gonna try it later today, I'll let you guys know what happens! Hopefully it doesn't like break my console or cartridge lolol :x

Reactions: Jarrad

Ainsley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok good to know! Thanks! I'm brand new to ram editing so I'm kind of clueless about a lot of this stuff. >.<

Reactions: Jwiz33

Deleted member 355359

Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
Aw okay what a pity, but thank you! But if I have another game with that update, it'll work right? Edit - nevermind I found out that formating is not a way to completely reset.
Derp, I forgot about 2 EUR games which contain the 9.2.0-19E update: Gardening Mama: Forest Friends and Cooking Mama: Bon Appetit!

Ainsley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ariankordi oh I have both of those! Someone else suggested using Super Smash Bros., would one of these work in the same way? That would be awesome cause it would mean I wouldn't have to go out and buy a copy of SSB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on having to wash them. :D