Homebrew [Release] SocketPunch - FBI network CIA installer for Android & PC

devleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Latest Jar version doesn't seem to work on Arch Linux.
It "opens" and it creates a config while. My service monitor also says Java is running, but nothing pops up.
The first release has the same issue.

I'm having the same issue, running on mac osx.
Launching from the terminal with "java -jar SocketPunch.jar" creates a config file and prints out:
Code:
english
english langName

but nothing happens. There's a java icon in the dock however.

EDIT:
Issue was that I was running socketpunch from my downloads folder... Which has a lot of files. Made an own folder just for socketpunch and my cias - problem solved.

Last edited by devleon,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue, running on mac osx.
Launching from the terminal with "java -jar SocketPunch.jar" creates a config file and prints out:
Code:
english
english langName

but nothing happens. There's a java icon in the dock however.

EDIT:
Issue was that I was running socketpunch from my downloads folder... Which has a lot of files. Made an own folder just for socketpunch and my cias - problem solved.
Huh, tried giving that a try but no config file is made for me anymore (I remember it used to before).

If I try opening the file through the terminal, I get this:

Code:
Error: Could not find or load main class socketpunch.SocketPunch

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, progress! Thanks.
SocketPunch can now be opened if I open it through the terminal, but it still won't open if I try clicking on the file.
Are you using a Mac? Wuold this be doable? I found it in an apple forum. I can't test because I don't have a Mac, though.

Here is what I have found out so far:
1. Click once on the .jar file in the Finder.
2. From the menubar in the Finder select File -> Get Info".
3 Click on "Open with" and from the popup menu.
4. Select "Jar Launcher", which is built into OS X.
5. Whenever you double click on the .jar file the program will start.

If you're on linux, you could try doing a script which makes the java -jar command when double-clicked. This could even work on MacOS, I think.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a Mac? Wuold this be doable? I found it in an apple forum. I can't test because I don't have a Mac, though.

Here is what I have found out so far:
1. Click once on the .jar file in the Finder.
2. From the menubar in the Finder select File -> Get Info".
3 Click on "Open with" and from the popup menu.
4. Select "Jar Launcher", which is built into OS X.
5. Whenever you double click on the .jar file the program will start.

If you're on linux, you could try doing a script which makes the java -jar command when double-clicked. This could even work on MacOS, I think.
Thanks, I'll give the script method a try later.

Aleff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You just should be closer to your router.

If you happen to have an Android phone, you can try to set up WiFi tethering on it, and connect both your 3DS and your PC to its network. This will give a good speed and 99% success rate.

It's a problem with my app, which fails if a timeout happens when transferring (a data packet reaching after a lot of time). And in your case, it seems the connection is lost 3DS side too, since FBI gives you that disconnected error.

If you don't have an Android phone, all you can do is getting closer to your router, or retry when there's not so much network activity in your place.

I'm already working on fixing the issue with Socket Punch, so that if it disconnects briefly, the transfer continues after reconnecting. Although, I can't do much for the FBI side if it gets disconnected.

Is there any way to set up WiFi tethering with 3DS without having to use mobile data? I'm having this same issue trying to instal a CIA with 3,3Gb

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there any way to set up WiFi tethering with 3DS without having to use mobile data? I'm having this same issue trying to instal a CIA with 3,3Gb
You can use WiFi tethering, but FBI needs the online for some reason, it won't give you the local IP for some reason. In fact, every homebrew app asks for online before connecting correctly.

It shouldn't waste your data, though, since it Transfers locally.

Vichin

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I seem to have an issue regarding memory space, my SD had 2.2 gb left, as listed on fbi. I installed a couple gba cias and everything went fine, but when i tried to install kid icarus uprising, it stopped at 200 mb and now it shows that i only have 1.3 gb left on my SD, when i should have 2.1 (which is the memory i had left after installing the GBA cias)

masskiss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Windows 7, N3DSXL A9LH FW 11.1 Luma 5.5 FBI ver 2.4.2 and SP 1.2.5.
Installing two .cia with a transfer rate of <500KB/s. Now I don't remember the rate of it installing locally (from my SDcard), but I'm curious is it just me or there's some workaround to get better speed? This speed is just like my download speed from the internet, which I could say I'm like downloading the file twice heheh.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm on Windows 7, N3DSXL A9LH FW 11.1 Luma 5.5 FBI ver 2.4.2 and SP 1.2.5.
Installing two .cia with a transfer rate of <500KB/s. Now I don't remember the rate of it installing locally (from my SDcard), but I'm curious is it just me or there's some workaround to get better speed? This speed is just like my download speed from the internet, which I could say I'm like downloading the file twice heheh.
Use wjchen's build of FBI 1.4.7 (link in the OP). And use Legacy mode in the app. You should get above 1200 KB/s at least.

Reactions: masskiss

masskiss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use wjchen's build of FBI 1.4.7 (link in the OP). And use Legacy mode in the app. You should get above 1200 KB/s at least.
Will try. Can I have two different versions of FBI at the same time? Or should I uninstall one first?

Also, what is the fastest transfer rate FBI could offer? My SDcard is class 10.

Reactions: Olmectron

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....