• Total voters

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
Personally I have never had to delete and re inject save data in order to get mods to work. Smash Selector doesn't really do much with actual patching, its basically entirely saltysd and luma3ds's code injection at play. If it was a problem with Smash Selector, it would be a pretty white or black problem where it either loads or it doesn't. There is one problem that it might have, and that is the fact that the download of the saltysd might be corrupt. So, i'm working on a slightly new version that generates the sha-1 hash, so it can be compared to a non corrupt version without having to upload it and compare files manually. Im almost done with that new feature, but im still debating on whether I have it download the correct hash to the 3ds to display or just post it on the main page of this thread.
I meant for adding new ones

Retro157

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo When I start Smash on Saltysd in Luma it stays on Black screen. And when I play Vanilla Smash the loading screen is stuck on The Nintendo 3DS screen. This Problem didn't happen when I Play Smash on Reinand. Is it because of Luma?

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Soo When I start Smash on Saltysd in Luma it stays on Black screen. And when I play Vanilla Smash the loading screen is stuck on The Nintendo 3DS screen. This Problem didn't happen when I Play Smash on Reinand. Is it because of Luma?
Have you got any mods installed?

krz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, this looks super cool, but the only problem is that the program is downloading the EUR SaltySD, but I'm using the NTSC one, with the region free home menu. Is there a way to select wich version are you downloading, or something like that?

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, this looks super cool, but the only problem is that the program is downloading the EUR SaltySD, but I'm using the NTSC one, with the region free home menu. Is there a way to select wich version are you downloading, or something like that?
Sorry, but I dont feel like Im going to add that feature. I have everything based off of the region of the 3ds, and I dont feel like braking something else in the process. This was the first program I ever wrote in C, so its not impossible, but it would take me a bit of time to learn how to do it correctly.

krz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, but I dont feel like Im going to add that feature. I have everything based off of the region of the 3ds, and I dont feel like braking something else in the process. This was the first program I ever wrote in C, so its not impossible, but it would take me a bit of time to learn how to do it correctly.
No problem, I guess I'll download the NTSC version from somewhere else. Great program by the way, do you think you can edit the banner to show "Smash Selector" or something like that ? (if you need some logos or something like that, feel free to ask!)

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, I guess I'll download the NTSC version from somewhere else. Great program by the way, do you think you can edit the banner to show "Smash Selector" or something like that ? (if you need some logos or something like that, feel free to ask!)
Ya, I can change the banner, I just thought that if people wanted to have to open my program every time they wanted to launch smash, they would rather be greeted with the official banner.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Ya, I can change the banner, I just thought that if people wanted to have to open my program every time they wanted to launch smash, they would rather be greeted with the official banner.
Surely you know that you don't need to launch this program each time you want to play your mods, just when you add new ones or switch your mod pack, right?

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surely you know that you don't need to launch this program each time you want to play your mods, just when you add new ones or switch your mod pack, right?
Obviously, but I assumed people would enjoy the choice each time in case they forgot what they selected. I often dont actually mod much anymore, so I tend to forget.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for smash selector to delete everything in the smash folder in the saltysd folder when downloading a new saltysd?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Disregard my last comment I updated my luma to the version i was supposed to be on and now it doesnt delete the smash foder and instead renames it :yay3ds:

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it normal for smash selector to delete everything in the smash folder in the saltysd folder when downloading a new saltysd?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Disregard my last comment I updated my luma to the version i was supposed to be on and now it doesnt delete the smash foder and instead renames it :yay3ds:
Mind explaining what happened in detail when your luma was outdated?

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you still want to create those logos?

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New updated version now includes a feature to show the SHA-1 hash of the downloaded files along with showing you the correct hashes. To see if the file was corrupted or if you want to see if the file is up to date without re-downloading it.

I also decided to make a version that allows the use of all regions regardless of what region your 3ds is. The only downside is that I removed the feature to launch smash, but that shouldnt be too much of a problem, because you can still launch the main app from the home menu.

It also now includes a better banner. However I did not change the icon yet, but that's probably not necessary.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpuxaib5qrx2fjz/Smash-Selector.zip?dl=1

Attachments

• Smash-Selector.zip
    1 MB · Views: 230

Jeanolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried this, but Smash-Selector just won't load. I have a 2DS running A9LH + the latest unofficial build of Luma3DS on 11.0.0-33E and when I start either Smash-Selector or AllRegions, it just blackscreens and I have to hold the power button to get out.

Any ideas?

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this, but Smash-Selector just won't load. I have a 2DS running A9LH + the latest unofficial build of Luma3DS on 11.0.0-33E and when I start either Smash-Selector or AllRegions, it just blackscreens and I have to hold the power button to get out.

Any ideas?
With your current cfw, have you ever had problems starting homebrew CIAs? It might be because I set smash selector to run at the N3DS clock speed, and I just thought that it would automatically choose witch ever one your 3ds could handle. Would you mind testing some things out to see if we could locate the problem? Also, you might need to wait a 30 seconds to one minute at the homescreen in order to connect to the wifi, but that should only be a problem if you were trying to download something, so its probably unrelated.

Last edited by Cydget,

Jeanolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
With your current cfw, have you ever had problems starting homebrew CIAs? It might be because I set smash selector to run at the N3DS clock speed, and I just thought that it would automatically choose witch ever one your 3ds could handle. Would you mind testing some things out to see if we could locate the problem? Also, you might need to wait a 30 seconds to one minute at the homescreen in order to connect to the wifi, but that should only be a problem if you were trying to download something, so its probably unrelated.

Nope, I've never had problems before. But I'm up for testing :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: oh cool, I saw Space Invaders on that Nintendo Syl :D