ROM Hack [RELEASE] Smash-Selector

Did this work for you?

• Total voters

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i literally dont get anything...can someone please explain me how this salty sd works in english?

and when was this updated last time
Here's an explanation in english:
Usage
On first start, your game options will be automatically detected, and if you used the original version of Smash-Selector (the one that used /saltysd/smash# slots) they will be automatically moved to the new format.
During regular use, to enable/disable mods change the SaltySD enable/disable option. To change the slot to load mods from, change the "Version Slot" option.
To make a new slot, make a new folder in the saltysdMODS folder at the root of your SD card. Name this folder "Slot_#", where # is the number after the number of slots you have; for example, if you have 6 slots (and thus folders named "Slot_1" through "Slot_6") make a folder called "Slot_7" and put your mod files in it. A graphic for an example of your saltysdMODS folder is provided below:
Code:
G:\saltysdMODS
|
|
+---Slot_1
| | desc.txt
| |
| \---animcmd
| \---fighter
| \---captain
| \--game.bin
|
+---Slot_2
| \--desc.txt
|
+---Slot_3
| \--desc.txt
|
+---Slot_4
| \--desc.txt
|
+---Slot_5
| \--desc.txt
|
+---Slot_6
| \--desc.txt
|
\---Slot_7
\--desc.txt

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Here's an explanation in english:
Usage
On first start, your game options will be automatically detected, and if you used the original version of Smash-Selector (the one that used /saltysd/smash# slots) they will be automatically moved to the new format.
During regular use, to enable/disable mods change the SaltySD enable/disable option. To change the slot to load mods from, change the "Version Slot" option.
To make a new slot, make a new folder in the saltysdMODS folder at the root of your SD card. Name this folder "Slot_#", where # is the number after the number of slots you have; for example, if you have 6 slots (and thus folders named "Slot_1" through "Slot_6") make a folder called "Slot_7" and put your mod files in it. A graphic for an example of your saltysdMODS folder is provided below:
Code:
G:\saltysdMODS
|
|
+---Slot_1
| | desc.txt
| |
| \---animcmd
| \---fighter
| \---captain
| \--game.bin
|
+---Slot_2
| \--desc.txt
|
+---Slot_3
| \--desc.txt
|
+---Slot_4
| \--desc.txt
|
+---Slot_5
| \--desc.txt
|
+---Slot_6
| \--desc.txt
|
\---Slot_7
\--desc.txt
still not english haha

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Any particular reason? This thread is a perfectly fine place to ask questions.
its easier for me. i was thinking discord

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any particular reason? This thread is a perfectly fine place to ask questions.
or you can answer to thread i made...

rassular

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gonna ask this here now. OK, have an issue here. I'm using an o3ds xl Luma 9.0 11.6, just to get that outta the way. My issue is whenever I try launch smash selector 2.4, I get this error. The weird thing is that smash selector 2.3 works perfectly, no issues. What do you think is going on?

Attachments

• IMG_20180505_210514.jpg
    IMG_20180505_210514.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 211

rassular

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I use this just to change just only the ingame music? Do I only need to make one slot folder?
If your music is going to be in the slot folders then make the sound folder in it then 3 folders inside that. bgm, se, and vc. And if one of those terms are in the file name then put that file with the corresponding term. Same if on root except in saltysd/smash instead. So it'd be like saltysdMODS/Slot_x/sound/ then the 3 bgm, se, and vc folders. The sound mod you download should already have those folders ready though. For example see how this mod is setup? https://gamebanana.com/sounds/download/41736. The file name has BGM In it so it goes into sound/bgm. Just put that sound folder in either a slot folder or saltysd/smash. Hope you get it xD

alonzondavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your music is going to be in the slot folders then make the sound folder in it then 3 folders inside that. bgm, se, and vc. And if one of those terms are in the file name then put that file with the corresponding term. Same if on root except in saltysd/smash instead. So it'd be like saltysdMODS/Slot_x/sound/ then the 3 bgm, se, and vc folders. The sound mod you download should already have those folders ready though. For example see how this mod is setup? https://gamebanana.com/sounds/download/41736. The file name has BGM In it so it goes into sound/bgm. Just put that sound folder in either a slot folder or saltysd/smash. Hope you get it xD

Ok so just to change the music, I dont need any slot folders?
I just want one folder thing and hust change the stuff within that whenever i want-seems like what saltysd/smash folder is; plus the download example you linked has smash/sound/bgm/sndbmsong here; so im asuming all that can just fit in one folder like saltysd/smash then right? The slot folders make it sound complicated, i only plan to have just one mod with updated music only find time to time.

rassular

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so just to change the music, I dont need any slot folders?
I just want one folder thing and hust change the stuff within that whenever i want-seems like what saltysd/smash folder is; plus the download example you linked has smash/sound/bgm/sndbmsong here; so im asuming all that can just fit in one folder like saltysd/smash then right? The slot folders make it sound complicated, i only plan to have just one mod with updated music only find time to time.
Yea just put the mod in saltysd/smash so it's like saltysd/smash/sound/ then wt ever mod it is like bgm, Se, or vc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...