Did this work for you?

• Total voters

TotoroAway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got smash selector yesterday and when I updated saltysd the load times became longer than they did before. I can't even play a single match. Is there anyway to fix this?

SaladFingers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got smash selector yesterday and when I updated saltysd the load times became longer than they did before. I can't even play a single match. Is there anyway to fix this?
Yeah, saltysd takes forever to load, you can get a faster SD card or use a less modded folder.

Venos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smash Selector will not load for me. I installed the latest CIA but it crashes after showing the "homebrew" loading screen every time I try to launch it. Does anyone have any insight on this issue? ANY help would be appreciated!

Here are my 3DS specs:

New 3DS XL Black on Sys 11.4.0-37U
Luma3DS Stable 8.0 (Boot9Strap)
Game Patching ENABLED on Luma Config Screen

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new version has been released, version 2.3. This release includes:
-A bug fix for the cartridge bug (confirmed fixed by LinkSoraZelda)
-A proper updater
-A revamped hitbox display system (the old one didn't work anyway)
-Usage of IPS files built into Smash Selector instead of patched code.bin files
-Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
Now, a bit about that last one. code.bin files are legally questionable. They're distributing the complete file for Smash's code, with the SaltySD patches applied. They're also really big, at 10MB. Thanks to Luma 7.x and above's IPS file support, we can solve both of those issues in a single go. IPS files are files that contain patches and information about where to apply them, which solves the legal ambiguity. They're also very small- the SaltySD IPS file is a mere 10KB! On first start, they are copied from Smash Selector's CIA where they're stored.
However, this also means Luma 6.x support is getting dropped. A deprecation note will appear if you're using Luma 6.x. Corbenik support will be added back at some point in the future.
We hope you enjoy! :D
Download

Last edited by Swiftloke,

Cosmichero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot seem to get Smash Selector to work at all. It loaded Turbo'd once successfully but every other time I get past the title screen, I'm greeted with this.

http://imgur.com/a/o6hDM

It also happens when I try the Smash Bros. Expansion pack. Even when I deleted Smash Selector and reinstall it and download the modpack from url for Turbo'd, it still fails and I don't understand why. Can anybody offer advice for what I can try? Thanks in advance.

Here's the expansion pack btw. https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5pj9qk/introducing_the_super_smash_bros_3ds_expansion/

Last edited by Cosmichero,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did some testing, and found out that the new .ips files are causing the problems. The code.bin files work fine, if you have those files, use those instead...

yakuza8702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i just install the latest smash selector today and also installed mod successfully but i keep getting and error has occurred im on luma 8.1 and b9s 1.2.anyone know how to solve it?

Reactions: Metoroid0

yakuza8702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Try using the Salty SD code.bin files (older), you can find them on youtube. Just make sure to keep a copy of them on your 3DS because Smash Selector will delete it each time you use the app...
thank you for the help but it doesn't work it still crash.I also have already try the older version same result maybe it luma 8.1 is giving it problem.

edit:apparently europe version is giving problem with the mod i just download the US version and it work

Last edited by yakuza8702,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...