ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried moveswapping at all yet?

I've seen some images of what appears to be smash 4 wii u moveswapping recently but no videos...
I DID attempt to quite seriously just throw Falco files at Fox to different degrees and see what stuck. This did work, and though I didn't get footage, I can tell you this:

- animations didn't switch. possibly because falco's or different, i dont remember why i didnt totally fix that at the time tbh

- fsmash instantly did its 'attack' animation while charging, then skipped back to the charging animation, and then attacked like fox normally would when it fully charged

- nair is fucking hilarious bc it kinda just throws the target away unless they're on a wall, in which they're sorta trapped on you hilariously

- utilt is hell to connect

- dair is also just straight hilarious

- uair isnt too good at connecting properly because of the differences in their animations. the same with bair.

- i dont remember what was bugged about usmash but it was something

- shining didn't actually have a hitbox

- doing shine in the air facing right had him shout LANDMASTER and even do the eye flashing thing at the bottom of the screen

its dumb

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use this:
Code:
makerom -f cxi -target t -rsf gw_workaround.rsf -o smash-113t.cxi -exheader exheader.bin -code exefs/code.bin -romfs romfs.bin -icon exefs/icon.icn -banner exefs/banner.bnr -alignwr
Exinjector.exe -rom smash-113t.cxi -exheader exheader.bin -sd
makerom -f cia -target t -content smash-15t.cxi:0:0 -o smash-113t.cia
Works like a charm, haven't had any problems with it yet.
makerom is having problems with the .rsf file. Here is the one I created. What is wrong with it?

Attachments

• gw_workaround.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 278

Toad Stool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use this:
Code:
makerom -f cxi -target t -rsf gw_workaround.rsf -o smash-113t.cxi -exheader exheader.bin -code exefs/code.bin -romfs romfs.bin -icon exefs/icon.icn -banner exefs/banner.bnr -alignwr
Exinjector.exe -rom smash-113t.cxi -exheader exheader.bin -sd
makerom -f cia -target t -content smash-15t.cxi:0:0 -o smash-113t.cia
Works like a charm, haven't had any problems with it yet.

I keep getting the error
Code:
[NCCH ERROR] Failed to open banner file 'exefs/banner.bnr'
[NCCH ERROR] NCCH Build Process
[RESULT] Failed to build outfile

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting the error
Code:
[NCCH ERROR] Failed to open banner file 'exefs/banner.bnr'
[NCCH ERROR] NCCH Build Process
[RESULT] Failed to build outfile
Check to see that the file is there? You need to have all of your stuff extracted properly, and things might be under a different name if you're using older builds or other methods of extraction. My routine for extraction is:
Code:
ctrtool -p --exefs=exefs.bin --romfs=romfs.bin --exheader=exheader.bin <cxi/app/ncch file name>
3dstool -x -t romfs --romfs-dir romfs -f romfs.bin
3dstool -x -u -t exefs --exefs-dir exefs -f exefs.bin

Toad Stool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check to see that the file is there? You need to have all of your stuff extracted properly, and things might be under a different name if you're using older builds or other methods of extraction. My routine for extraction is:
Code:
ctrtool -p --exefs=exefs.bin --romfs=romfs.bin --exheader=exheader.bin <cxi/app/ncch file name>
3dstool -x -t romfs --romfs-dir romfs -f romfs.bin
3dstool -x -u -t exefs --exefs-dir exefs -f exefs.bin
The file is there

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it's just me, but that file gets kinda funky around the end. https://gist.github.com/shinyquagsire23/95260617901c13d66719 is what I have for mine, it's pretty standard.
I tried yours and now it says
Code:
[RSF ERROR] Unrecognised Key: 'ExeFs'
[RSF ERROR] Error Proccessing RSF file
when running
Code:

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The file is there

I tried yours and now it says
Code:
[RSF ERROR] Unrecognised Key: 'ExeFs'
[RSF ERROR] Error Proccessing RSF file
when running
Code:

Taking a guess, it probably means your guy's makerom stuff is outdated. https://github.com/profi200/Project_CTR/releases is where you'll find a more up-to-date release of that, aside from that I don't really know why it wouldn't work since that's just about everything I use.

Also, I updated SaltySD to hook some more functions, (hopefully) allowing additional files (ie files not currently in dt/ls) to be loaded as well from the SD card for expansion. I haven't tested it, but I'm fairly certain it *should* work.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Toad Stool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taking a guess, it probably means your guy's makerom stuff is outdated. https://github.com/profi200/Project_CTR/releases is where you'll find a more up-to-date release of that, aside from that I don't really know why it wouldn't work since that's just about everything I use.

Also, I updated SaltySD to hook some more functions, (hopefully) allowing additional files (ie files not currently in dt/ls) to be loaded as well from the SD card for expansion. I haven't tested it, but I'm fairly certain it *should* work.

My mistake, I derped. I thought the makerom was looking for the banner.bnr in the exefs.bin

I've built the CIA now, hopefully it works.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've gotten an error saying my CIA is invalid.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Quick question before I redo the code.bin for the updated SaltySD, am I supposed to insert the values at 0x1234567 or write over the values at 0x1234567 ?

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people in the futrure, if you had my problem delete this from @shinyquagsire23's rsf
Code:
ExeFs: # these are the program segments from the ELF, check your elf for the appropriate segment names
  ReadOnly:
   - .rodata
   - RO
  ReadWrite:
   - .data
   - RO
  Text:
   - .init
   - .text
   - STUP_ENTRY

PlainRegion: # only used with SDK ELFs
- .module_id

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question before I redo the code.bin for the updated SaltySD, am I supposed to insert the values at 0x1234567 or write over the values at 0x1234567 ?
You want to overwrite, otherwise you'd be shifting code around and it'd just straight up die. I also literally just did some fixes which fixed loading of certain files (and newer files) for good, hopefully.

Tappor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried installing a rebuilt update using both BBM and FBI. Both gave me the same invalid error, and FBI said something about the NCCH being invalid (0x25). Perhaps that'll help

probably not but i tried

Tappor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow okay, I managed to get my custom update installed. Since FBI told me it was a NCCH error, I just messed around in the .rsf file. IDK what I did but it installed. Here's the working RSF file.

I got it installed and the game tells me that there's still an update. Despite that I can go into the game and it clearly says its update 1.1.3, everything functions as if its a 1.1.3.

Now to figure out why it didn't load any of my changes.

edit: its my fault

Attachments

• gw_workaround.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 431
Last edited by Tappor,

urlogic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I DID attempt to quite seriously just throw Falco files at Fox to different degrees and see what stuck. This did work, and though I didn't get footage, I can tell you this:

- animations didn't switch. possibly because falco's or different, i dont remember why i didnt totally fix that at the time tbh

- fsmash instantly did its 'attack' animation while charging, then skipped back to the charging animation, and then attacked like fox normally would when it fully charged

- nair is fucking hilarious bc it kinda just throws the target away unless they're on a wall, in which they're sorta trapped on you hilariously

- utilt is hell to connect

- dair is also just straight hilarious

- uair isnt too good at connecting properly because of the differences in their animations. the same with bair.

- i dont remember what was bugged about usmash but it was something

- shining didn't actually have a hitbox

- doing shine in the air facing right had him shout LANDMASTER and even do the eye flashing thing at the bottom of the screen

its dumb
Dude, you really need to start making videos.. even if it's a crappy recording. I'd love to see some moveswaps you did and that wavedash thing you were talking about

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it installed and the game tells me that there's still an update.
thats probably because in bbm, the version number for the rebuilt one is 20.0.0 while the version number for the original one is 20.19.0 This is probably something to due with the rsf

RetroGamer732

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I use this with DevKitARM? I've never used the program before so I'm clearly a huge noob when it comes to it so if anyone could help, that would be great. BTW, I'm using a windows PC with windows 7 if that matters.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I use this with DevKitARM? I've never used the program before so I'm clearly a huge noob when it comes to it so if anyone could help, that would be great. BTW, I'm using a windows PC with windows 7 if that matters.
install devkitpro, http://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/files/Automated Installer/ then run mysys.bat from C:\devkitPro\msys\ then cd to the dictionary where the makefile is then type "make"(no quotes) and press enter. You then have the bins you need.

RetroGamer732

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install devkitpro, http://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/files/Automated Installer/ then run mysys.bat from C:\devkitPro\msys\ then cd to the dictionary where the makefile is then type "make"(no quotes) and press enter. You then have the bins you need.
okay, i'd first like to start off with thanking you for getting me this far. when i double-click on msys.bat, it opens a cmd window, then closes it and brings up a window that says MINGW32:~. I've tried the cd command to change directory, but it's not working. I don't know what to do, please help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong