ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
build a edited charcter into the update or just with SaltySD?
btw I was wondering about that and I'm glad. I think I can do some fun times with this.
You have to build it into the update's dt ls. Not saltysd. Saltysd seems to not like multiplayer online due to long load times. I have not tried saltysd's newest version tho, so It might be fixed in that.
EDIT: sniped

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to build it into the update's dt ls. Not saltysd. Saltysd seems to not like multiplayer online due to long load times. I have not tried saltysd's newest version tho, so It might be fixed in that.
EDIT: sniped
Really? I did a 1v1 matchup in For Glory just fine with SaltySD, but I think this was just with the lock and data_size payloads. I probably did fix it though, I fixed a ton of crashes with my last commit.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I did a 1v1 matchup in For Glory just fine with SaltySD, but I think this was just with the lock and data_size payloads. I probably did fix it though, I fixed a ton of crashes with my last commit.
I was talking about using modified characters online. Ill defiantly try out your newest update soon to confirm.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was talking about using modified characters online. Ill defiantly try out your newest update soon to confirm.
I have used modded characters on FG without issue, it's the using the modded stuff that gets ouchie. You can run modded updates and such in normal online matches against people with no mods, it'll only crash when something desynchronizes. Just checked with two people.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone made an actual tutorial on how to make and install SaltySD? Seems fairly easy but a written tutorial would be nice.
Eh, the process is ultra bitchy so I'm just gonna go throw it up on that iso site. First thing I'll ever genuinely contribute to that ad-littered mess, too..

With SaltySD, I can make and undub version?
btw just pointing out that this is the 666th comment and it's a fitting one, congrats

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, the process is ultra bitchy so I'm just gonna go throw it up on that iso site. First thing I'll ever genuinely contribute to that ad-littered mess, too..

btw just pointing out that this is the 666th comment and it's a fitting one, congrats
Oh yeah, didn't even think of that. That would be great, thanks!

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, didn't even think of that. That would be great, thanks!
nvm just remembered why i don't use that goddamn site, it refuses to send activation codes for my account ever. bleh bleh bleh bleh.

The process is ultra ass but is partly explained on the git in a file with the instructions iirc

TheGag96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I just built myself a .cia (absolutely no clue if it works). Before I attempt to install it, I know I need to delete the 1.1.3 update. Can I do this just by deleting the extra data for Smash under 3DS data management? Is every update cumulative?

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I just built myself a .cia (absolutely no clue if it works). Before I attempt to install it, I know I need to delete the 1.1.3 update. Can I do this just by deleting the extra data for Smash under 3DS data management? Is every update cumulative?
Every update contains all content from every other update that wouldn't have to be, y'know, overwritten. That's why they're so goddamn huge.

Basically you can just throw out the data yeah

daniel26150

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm pretty sure SaltySD does nothing but make what's already available easier (and allow us to circumvent the whole same-size-files thing but that's it). What's with the undub thirst everywhere o-o
Ohh I see now to wait for a tutorial on how to use SaltySD and I ask you the same thing what's with the mod moves and alter move set thirst I think and undub is better how can you live in peace with the voices of Fox And Meta Knight, or Pit's lack of emotion....

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you be willing to upload it to that one iso site?

Or anyone for that matter?

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh I see now to wait for a tutorial on how to use SaltySD and I ask you the same thing what's with the mod moves and alter move set thirst I think and undub is better how can you live in peace with the voices of Fox And Meta Knight, or Pit's lack of emotion....
Because I doubt undubbed Smash 4 will ever gain incredible amounts of popularity -- much less have an entire community surround it with undying love for it in the way things like B-, B+ and PM did, or in the way singular character mods like Goku or Ridley did. People are currently far more invested in figuring out what new things can be done and what we can modify that matters in the long-run than what probably amounts to the simple swapping of a few files.

TheGag96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you be willing to upload it to that one iso site?

Or anyone for that matter?

I would, but unforunately I tried to install it and it failed... SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT/DESCRIPTION_INVALID_TITLE_VERSION is what I got. I used the "fixed" RSF that Cydget posted, maybe that's what's causing it? Shinyquagsire's wasn't being accepted by the newest build of makerom I could find.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would, but unforunately I tried to install it and it failed... SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT/DESCRIPTION_INVALID_TITLE_VERSION is what I got. I used the "fixed" RSF that Cydget posted, maybe that's what's causing it? Shinyquagsire's wasn't being accepted by the newest build of makerom I could find.
I had the same deal; delete the existing patch files for normal smash and install the new one with BBM instead of FBI

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont use my rsf use the next one after that. There was something I missed when editing it. Also, use bbm to install the update, but before you install it make sure you delete the past one first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1