ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel as though the collision is mapped to the model itself, as there obviously isn't preset collision data for custom-made stages.
That'd explain why Battlefield is such a massive piece of shit on the Wii U sometimes. Oh well.

If the collision is mapped straight to the model, I guess that makes our lives easier, huh.

So I can program Zero Suit Samus to have Greninja moves?

prepare the anti-lenny cannons

there'd probably be a lot of issues early on but yes, we could give zss greninja's moveset. how about we give greninja sheik's moveset and call it a day tho

Last edited by darklordrs,

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
That'd explain why Battlefield is such a massive piece of shit on the Wii U sometimes. Oh well.

If the collision is mapped straight to the model, I guess that makes our lives easier, huh.
Yeah, unless they programmed the collision as a separate function that relies on a plethora of algorithms to calculate where collision points are, which is something that we might not have access to. But hell, if custom Mario Kart 7 tracks can be made, pseudo-2D stages shouldn't be something that requires more effort, especially since the z-axis isn't something you worry about generally in Smash Bros games.

All theorizing, anyways. We won't know until stages can be opened.

In regards to the OP, I tried sorting through the thread, and I'm a tad confused. To what extent can characters be edited?

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, unless they programmed the collision as a separate function that relies on a plethora of algorithms to calculate where collision points are, which is something that we might not have access to. But hell, if custom Mario Kart 7 tracks can be made, pseudo-2D stages shouldn't be something that requires more effort, especially since the z-axis isn't something you worry about generally in Smash Bros games.

All theorizing, anyways. We won't know until stages can be opened.

In regards to the OP, I tried sorting through the thread, and I'm a tad confused. To what extent can characters be edited?
Anything directly within character .bins in animcmd in dt can be edited, so long as you know what to do (and not everything has been cracked, so don't assume you can atm). Models can apparently be switched as proven by people like soneek00. using these its safe to assume that fully custom characters are gonna happen within the next.. year, at best.

woop.

TheConfuZzledDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way, how do you crea

Collision is definitely not mapped straight to the model. That would cause havoc with any cosmetic geometry

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, how do you crea

Collision is definitely not mapped straight to the model. That would cause havoc with any cosmetic geometry
Collision must be at least partly effected by the model, given things like Pikachu's wierd neutral B pixel-perfect glitches on BF and PS1, and the ENTIRE logic behind why Battlefield seriously needs to be replaced with Miiverse.

whatever tho, if the collision was purely based on the model a lot of stages would definitely be completely fucked

TheConfuZzledDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Collision must be at least partly effected by the model, given things like Pikachu's wierd neutral B pixel-perfect glitches on BF and PS1, and the ENTIRE logic behind why Battlefield seriously needs to be replaced with Miiverse.

whatever tho, if the collision was purely based on the model a lot of stages would definitely be completely fucked
That's just from them trying to fit the collision to the stage model. You'll notice on stages like final destination invisible slopes under the edges to make it easier to recover.

TheConfuZzledDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you don't drag it. Make sure you have python 2.7 installed correctly (you may need to add it to your PATH variable), open a cmd window in the folder (shift right click in the folder), then type in "dtls.py dt ls output"

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already tried that, dragging the DT into the dtls.py does nothing.
Make sure you're using SammiHusky's dtls.py, as the current dtls.py from comex is broken.

Modifying the DT is untestable atm anyway unless you have layeredfs, I think, or a dt repacker (which is in progress but not complete atm).

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you're using SammiHusky's dtls.py, as the current dtls.py from comex is broken.

Modifying the DT is untestable atm anyway unless you have layeredfs, I think, or a dt repacker (which is in progress but not complete atm).

Figure I'll catch you here before you start saying it on other sites or something, but layeredfs DOES NOT magically make edits to the dt usable, until we know how to repack the file. And since as of right now you can't, no one is able to test out any edits. That was poor wording on my part in the other thread and I apologize.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figure I'll catch you here before you start saying it on other sites or something, but layeredfs DOES NOT magically make edits to the dt usable, until we know how to repack the file. And since as of right now you can't, no one is able to test out any edits. That was poor wording on my part in the other thread and I apologize.
My bad, really! Guess I should've looked into that harder.

my b my b my b my b..

Trainer_Zorax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to unpack the dt and ls files using the script posted earlier on this page. Then you will have the all the files.

Also, I'm probably going to refactor the front page with instructions on how to use the tool and it's features. Maybe video tut as well.

I looked at the script what part do i have to do to unpack the two files needed?

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just moveset files for now. As I Reverse Engineer more of Smash4's architecture (or others do and the information becomes public), i'll probably start writing a data explorer similar to Brawlbox. Which shouldn't be too hard considering BBox is one of my other projects. I could probably reuse a bunch of the codebase.

This is probably a massive callback I'm trying to pull here, but where would I find things like data for movement speed, etc in a character's files? Looking to edit Ganondorf to be less.. y'know.. him.

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure? To make absolute sure, close and re-open the app first..and then open the changed files. When i tested, the files definitely saved correctly. This shouldn't matter, but try to close all tabs manually before saving as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.