ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all those wondering how to extract the dtls, all you have to do is run comex's dtls.py from his github. I made a few tweaks to the script a while back. Namely printing usage, printing out the currently extracting file, and fixing a bug with where it was extracting it's temp resource fie. Get that here. Just run it in the same folder as the dtls files:
Code:
dtls.py dt ls Output

Reactions: I pwned U!

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all those wondering how to extract the dtls, all you have to do is run comex's dtls.py from his github. I made a few tweaks to the script a while back. Namely printing usage, printing out the currently extracting file, and fixing a bug with where it was extracting it's temp resource fie. Get that here. Just run it in the same folder as the dtls files:
Code:
dtls.py dt ls Output

Yet still, my only question is how the hell the sarc extracting file in the same github works. Not one guide, not even one minor explanation.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I have no idea wth is going on regarding this stupid script. All I wanted to do is fix Mii Brawler's glaring issues..

edit; it's static.crs, even if i fuck with the name such as lol.crs or something in the cmd window it says the same thing. wth.

Last edited by darklordrs,

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I have no idea wth is going on regarding this stupid script. All I wanted to do is fix Mii Brawler's glaring issues..

edit; it's static.crs, even if i fuck with the name such as lol.crs or something in the cmd window it says the same thing. wth.

Realistically you won't need to edit any of the cr0 files anyway. My app can't edit them, and (afaik) nobody else has looked into them either. They're essentially 3ds' version of Brawl's .rel files probably. In which case, 99% of things you want to do won't be done through them. The moveset files are the ACMD, MSCSB, and param files. Currently, only ACMD are editable. Though it makes up the bulk of all the coding, so it should be sufficient for now. Dant's MasterCore only displays the acmd script anyways, so that's what most people are seeing in the dumps

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Realistically you won't need to edit any of the cr0 files anyway. My app can't edit them, and (afaik) nobody else has looked into them either. They're essentially 3ds' version of Brawl's .rel files probably. In which case, 99% of things you want to do won't be done through them. The moveset files are the ACMD, MSCSB, and param files. Currently, only ACMD are editable. Though it makes up the bulk of all the coding, so it should be sufficient for now. Dant's MasterCore only displays the acmd script anyways, so that's what most people are seeing in the dumps

It is the ACMD I want to be editing, yeah, but I am not 100% sure how to access them and have no hint to how to at all.

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you have the dtls extracted right? If so, just File->Open->Fighter and select the folder where the main,gfx,sfx,expression .bin files and the motion.mtable file are. That should open you up all the scripts. It won't really make much sense unless you parse the animation file as well though, which is in view->parse animations. You just have to find the fighter's main.pac animation file.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you have the dtls extracted right? If so, just File->Open->Fighter and select the folder where the main,gfx,sfx,expression .bin files and the motion.mtable file are. That should open you up all the scripts. It won't really make much sense unless you parse the animation file as well though, which is in view->parse animations. You just have to find the fighter's main.pac animation file.
so from here it's just a matter of extracting dt, which is much easier because thankfully there's an easy program with which to do so! thanks bro.

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure thing. The script file i posted for dtls is (afaik) the only way to extract dtls and actually have the files and directories named. I believe there is an app out there that will extract them, but with unnamed files and directories so i would recommend using dtls.py if it's possible

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure thing. The script file i posted for dtls is (afaik) the only way to extract dtls and actually have the files and directories named. I believe there is an app out there that will extract them, but with unnamed files and directories so i would recommend using dtls.py if it's possible

would that be https://github.com/kwsch/lsdt/releases because if so, i should probably stop it now and go figure out how to use your dtls.py.

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep that's the one. Its okay though, the dtls.py i uploaded is very simple. It's just
Code:
dtls.py dt ls Output

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This app in particular only opens and edits the character files. Eventually i'll either write a new app specifically for stages, or i'll make a new app and integrate this editor into it. Most likely the former at least at first.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1