Hacking my PC won't even read the micro SD card...

omnisin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got a new kingston 1GB and r4DS, very excited to get started.

I plug the micro into usb reader, access it, comp ask me if I want to format the card, i press yes, then...

It says card not available
sleep.gif

help?

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say your not using the USB card reader that came with the R4... cause if you are using that, that's your problem.

omnisin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea im using the usb card reader that came with my R4 (got it from dealsxtreme)

so now i gotta buy a SEPERATE CARD READER??

grrrrr

SpectralSounds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My card reader works fine. Its a black transparent one. Is yours the same color? Did you try to format it through disk management? It obviously detected the card reader/microSD. Try reseating it and try to format through disk management.

omnisin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea is the black one with 2 pyramid mounts.

and o shit, is not even asking me to format anymore, it simply says no device in /g:

did i fried it or something O_O?

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Assuming your microSD card came with an SD adapter (which all retail Kingston microSD cards do afaik), put it in that and if you've got an SD card slot on your comp or a USB device that uses SD (camera, mp3 player, etc.) try and read it through that. This won't solve your problem, but it'll narrow it down to either the bundled reader or the card itself.

omnisin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is definitely the reader.

I found disk management, but it says unreadable, so i cant format it there either i guess.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the black transparent one too, with the two pyramid shapes on top. After all the posts regarding the USB adapters shipped with the R4DS/M3 Simply (both older and newer versions) I'll probably never plug it in. I guess if I had no other SD card reader I might but I wouldn't even give this thing to an enemy.

omnisin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, now the G: drive wont even show up on My computer anymore, and the SD card no longer works in my camera either.

I hate this product
sleep.gif

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a couple defective micro sd as well, my computer or card reader wont read them, but i can plug them into my cell phone and it works fine i can save and delete and add songs on fine but it wont work on my bros cell phone either and he has the exact same phone as me, the strange thing is i know its not my sd card reader or transflash adapter since the other micro sd cards i have work fine on them.

so buy a new micro sd, they are cheap about $12 after shipping on amazon.com.

kinya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
good game, i had this prob of you last time. Now, ur microsd card is totally spoilt. I managed to exchange for a new set of microsd and the similar card reader that came with R4, but i bought myself a card reader instead, cant trust that card reader that came with R4 anymore

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
As soon as I get my R4, I'm dropping the reader in the trash. Already did that to my friends' >=)

And omnisin, do an exchange to get a working microSD card and go out and buy a proper SD card reader (if you dont have one already)...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If anyone wants to get me those socks for Christmas... lol