Homebrew [Release] ScummVM for WiiU

Rrhapsody

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Mar 15, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
3
Trophies
0
Age
33
XP
66
Country
Brazil
This is an unofficial port that I made to run the games without the need for vWii, straight from the gamepad and with touch.
It works perfectly with Aroma, I haven't tested the rpx.

I am grateful to anyone who can test and help collaborate. It's my first time making homebrews.

https://github.com/Rrhapsod/scummvm-wiiu

A community-developed, native ScummVM port for Nintendo Wii U running Aroma.Launch ScummVM directly from the Wii U Menu and play using the GamePadtouchscreen or the analog stick and buttons. No RetroArch required.


This is an unofficial, experimental port, not an official ScummVM release.The current Wii U package includes only the SCUMM engine, not every enginesupported by desktop ScummVM. Games are not included.


Downloads ·Report a Wii U issue ·Upstream ScummVM README


Features​


  • Native Wii U application packaged as ScummVM.wuhb for Aroma.
  • ScummVM name and icon on the Wii U Menu.
  • Standard ScummVM launcher, with video output on the TV and GamePad.
  • Touchscreen pointer control, including tap-to-click.
  • Analog-stick pointer control with physical left/right mouse buttons.
  • Native Wii U on-screen keyboard for text entry and save descriptions.
  • Audio playback through the existing SDL mixer backend.
  • Game data browsing, configuration and save files on the SD card.
  • SDL2-based backend; no Libretro frontend or RetroArch dependency.

I have tested only in Aroma environment.
 

Site & Scene News