[Release] ScummVM 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TheCruel, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Deepdivered

Deepdivered Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    United States

Hey I have tried a few times to get the talky versions of monkey Island 1 and 2 working. Could you drop me a copy?

2. jackkill

jackkill Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2004
    Macau
    "TheCruel" your port of Scummvm is awesome. I tried lands of lore and it works great :-) Its my third run from scratch and I still didn't finish it :-p I loose saves too often over the devices I used for it.
    I wanted to propose a request in form of a question if scummvm code allows it and you think its worthwhile to make :-)
    Request:
    will the "- Keymapper" you're working on allow us to use the 3DS buttons to move the characters inside lands of lore directly? like shoulder buttons to move sideways and crosspad to move around?

Cheers :-)

3. gorocz

gorocz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    Did you have any troubles trying to play Lands of Lore in regards to the kyra.dat file? I tried both the CD DOS and the floppy version, I tried putting the kyra.dat (from the latest branch on github) to the game directory (and the subdirectories in the CD version) and the /3ds/scummvm directory, I even tried putting the path to the file as the extra path in the paths option, but to no avail... Same goes for Legend of Kyrandia or Eye of the Beholder, it just seems like the port isn't recognizing the file at all...

4. sugar4salt

sugar4salt Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2016
    Great to play scumm on 3ds!!!
    Thank you for your hard work!!!

5. DrFleming

DrFleming Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2017
    @TheCruel, kudos and THANK YOU for this. Hope you get back to it when you're satisfied with freeShop.

6. VKLink

VKLink Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2015
    Mexico
    @TheCruel Thank you for this port is great! and the freeshop is amazing too. i tested monkey island 1 and 2, works perfect! my father was searching for this in the 3ds XL screen
    Greetings from México!

7. jackkill

jackkill Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2004
    Macau
    I just copied the install I had from the iPad. I have the kyra.dat at the root for the scummvm backups folder then the LOL folder that contains the DATA folder and the cd files. I hope you got to work already :-)
    Cheers

8. voodoo2k

voodoo2k Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2017
    Gambia, The
    @thecruel thx for this great scummvm 3ds-version! Works really good!

I just have one problem playing Indiana Jones the last crusade and fate of Atlantis when it comes to boxing. At the old scummvm ds-version you could switch to special controls by pressing "select".

Is there an other way to get boxing controls in the Indiana Jones games or do I have to wait for a new update with different key mapping?

9. TheCruel
    OP

TheCruel Developer

Banned
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
    No way to do it in this version. You can try using the virtual keyboard (press L) even though it'll suspend the game while in use yet. Not very nice, but can at least get you past that one part perhaps. I haven't tried that though.

10. voodoo2k

voodoo2k Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for your immediate reply! The virtual keyboard is working and with the "zero"-trick you can end most of the fights in the game right away (only one guy in Fate of Atlantis is immune to this trick). But I think I will have a start with the Monkey Island Series and hope for an update on key mapping after your work on freeshop ;)

11. Meanthord

Meanthord Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2010
    Poland
    Are there any new news on this great emulator? :)

12. takeda64

takeda64 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2017
    United States
    @TheCruel Hey, awesome work with the ScummVM. I see that sadly the project was not touched for a year now, is there a plan to resume work with it and get it to a point that it could become official port? Is there any way I could help with this?

13. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Nani

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    Will this ever work with Plumbers Don't Wear Ties?

Naked_Snake likes this.
  14. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    Just FYI, TheCruel won't be updating this for about 20 years give or take depending on good behavior.

Zidapi, hobbledehoy899 and sunfused like this.
  15. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Nani

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    do tell why

16. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    It's all on page 309 and 310 of the freeShop thread.

17. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Nani

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    oh god

18. Elysium420

Elysium420 Shitposting bastard

Feb 10, 2016
    Greece
    Shitville
    Press F to pay respects.

19. Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Snohomish, WA
    That one never gets old :ha:.

At least the emu works on the one game I play, I'm not too worried about updates, lol.

Elysium420 likes this.
  20. Elysium420

Elysium420 Shitposting bastard

Feb 10, 2016
    Greece
    Shitville
    Well, TheCruel was also working on ResidualVM for the 3DS as well. It never got really far. I'll never get the chance of playing Grim Fandango on a 3DS now.

hobbledehoy899 likes this.