Hacking [Release] Savegame Manager Plugin for NTR 1.0 & 2.0

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Notice:
This plugin was tested on genuine game cards only.
Some games have anti-savegame-restore feature, restoring savegames make be considered as cheating, more details:
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Anti_Savegame_Restore

Features:
Backup savegame. Backup the savegame in game cards to microsd.
Restore savegame. Restore the savegame to game card.
Savegame transfer. You can use this plugin to transfer savegames from NTR1.0 to NTR2.0. (the games with sdk < 6.3.0 doesn't needs to transfer)

Usage:
1 Install NTR CFW 2.0 or 1.0.
2 Copy plugin directory to microsd card.
3 Hold on L before starting game to backup savegames, Hold on R before starting game to restore savegames.
4 the screen will flashes green twice when it was finished, then Press A to continue the game.
The backup is stored at /save_%titleid% in microsd.
It is recommended to delete the plugin when you don't use it, because it will always flashes green once when starting any game, which is quite annoying.

Source code:
Coming soon

Download:
http://filetrip.net/dl?ZgLmJ1HEbk

If this successfully dumps my Zelda: ALBW save, then you have my eternal thanks. However, I "only" have the USA and EUR N3DS. So, I'll have to look up 1.0, restore my Zelda unit to 9.2, and go from there. Still, if it works, it will have been worth it. EDIT: Never mind. Didn't realize 1.0 was 4.5 (should have guessed as much). Looks like I'll have to wait for your USA or EUR support, whichever comes first. Actually for converting it into a 4.5 save, I'm thinking I may need both.

I was thinking it might be possible to reverse SDF and turn it into a plugin, without crossing your boundaries. But it seemed like it would take a lot of time. Besides, they're your boundaries, not mine. I consider copyright law an affront to free markets, so I'd have just made the CIA patch and been done with it (and I still don't see how you're going to get good homebrew support without loading them, the CIA version is, with one exception, and only on the old 3DS at that, the one you want to run). Thanks though. Should be interesting to see if it works with the Sky (with it emulating the 3DS cart perfectly, I'm sure it will).

P.S. Since I have both of the units you're working on porting it to, feel free to let me know if you need any tests performed. We may not agree on much, but since you were willing to assist me with my save problem, I'm willing to assist you with your "it only works on Japanese units" problem if I can. Besides, from what I've been reading of the original, it does real-time translation? Why didn't you say so? That's a CFW of a different color ;) ). I'm a major RPG fan, so, if that feature's going to be in the new one, then maybe it's not so useless after all. I had thought this was only possible on the PC, considering all the overhead it no doubt takes to translate a game while it's running.

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
If this successfully dumps my Zelda: ALBW save, then you have my eternal thanks. However, I "only" have the USA and EUR N3DS. So, I'll have to look up 1.0, restore my Zelda unit to 9.2, and go from there. Still, if it works, it will have been worth it. EDIT: Never mind. Didn't realize 1.0 was 4.5 (should have guessed as much). Looks like I'll have to wait for your USA or EUR support, whichever comes first. Actually for converting it into a 4.5 save, I'm thinking I may need both.

I was thinking it might be possible to reverse SDF and turn it into a plugin, without crossing your boundaries. But it seemed like it would take a lot of time. Besides, they're your boundaries, not mine. I consider copyright law an affront to free markets, so I'd have just made the CIA patch and been done with it (and I still don't see how you're going to get good homebrew support without loading them, the CIA version is, with one exception, and only on the old 3DS at that, the one you want to run). Thanks though. Should be interesting to see if it works with the Sky (with it emulating the 3DS cart perfectly, I'm sure it will).

P.S. Since I have both of the units you're working on porting it to, feel free to let me know if you need any tests performed. We may not agree on much, but since you were willing to assist me with my save problem, I'm willing to assist you with your "it only works on Japanese units" problem if I can. Besides, from what I've been reading of the original, it does real-time translation? Why didn't you say so? That's a CFW of a different color ;) ). I'm a major RPG fan, so, if that feature's going to be in the new one, then maybe it's not so useless after all. I had thought this was only possible on the PC, considering all the overhead it no doubt takes to translate a game while it's running.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-please-help-me-test-ntr-cfw-2-0-on-eu-us-aus-new3ds.384968/
You can try this NTR 2.0 for EU/US/AUS N3DS now, if it doesn't work on NTR 1.0.

Please notice that if you have used your genuine card in GW's classic mode, your savegames will not be recognized in official system on N3DS or NTR 2.0 (since they have used old keys) , however NTR 1.0 may work in this case.
If you play your genuine card in official system, then it could be recognized by NTR 2.0.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone wants to update the 3dbrew wiki Pokemon Shuffle uses anti-savegame-restore, ran into that a couple weeks back trying to manually transfer save to n3ds

mmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, you have my eternal thanks if this can be used to extract decrypted versions >6.0 encrypted saves. That'll finally allow us to switch over entirely to backups.

Reactions: Margen67

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just wondering, that "anti-savegame-restore" is the same thing that savedatafiler calls "secure value"? (The thing that doesn't let you inject old Pokemon save files unless you delete the secure value).
Yes, I think so. But I don't think the plugin deletes the secure value before restoring the save. So be careful.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-please-help-me-test-ntr-cfw-2-0-on-eu-us-aus-new3ds.384968/
You can try this NTR 2.0 for EU/US/AUS N3DS now, if it doesn't work on NTR 1.0.

Please notice that if you have used your genuine card in GW's classic mode, your savegames will not be recognized in official system on N3DS or NTR 2.0 (since they have used old keys) , however NTR 1.0 may work in this case.
If you play your genuine card in official system, then it could be recognized by NTR 2.0.

Alright, I will test it on both and get back to you. And no, what I did was use my Sky3DS to play Zelda: ALBW (EUR) on my N3DS because it was the only thing working. Now that GW has finally released their exploit, I'd prefer to use the CIA I created of the US version from my old Gold 3DS with the Triforce logo on it (I don't want to system transfer, because then my Zelda unit would be missing the game it came with). I know, not exactly what you support. I'm going to need the 6.x key, so using 1.0 wouldn't even work for extracting it. It sounds like your saves can be dropped into SDF, but if not, I may also need 1.0 to restore the save in 4.5 once it's extracted (since I have the actual game cart, I can set it up as a source for the 4.5 save and go from there using existing methods if need be). I'll let you know how it goes.

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can I use this to extract the save game from my New 3DS XL with preinstalled Majoras Mask? I want to transfer it to another New 3DS XL.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's official. You have managed to solve the 6.x save problem (for anyone that owns an N3DS anyway). If your CFW never does anything more (and I still think you're throwing the baby out with the bath water with your "no CIA" policy), you have still done N3DS owners everywhere a colossal favor at this point.

My Zelda: ALBW (EU) save was successfully extracted from the Sky3DS backup. With a quick copy and rename, it even restored to the US cart. And it worked. So then, on my old 3DS, I exported the CIA save in GW mode using SDF, then copied the files NTR extracted to the appropriate folder, then imported it back. The save loaded. So, these are indeed fully decrypted, and completely SDF compatible. I did notice that games tend to hang at the "Nintendo 3DS" logo when extracting/restoring a save (especially when restoring), but, frankly, I don't even care. The important thing is that, for the first time ever, 6.x saves can be decrypted. This truly deserves to be front page at all the 3DS news sites. Again you have my deepest gratitude for this. I admit, I underestimated your skill. Congratulations on a job well done (just don't expect high praise for the CFW itself, because I still consider it gimped goods).

If I wasnt' between jobs atm, I'd offer to buy you a Sky3DS for research purposes (not so you can break NTR's compatibility with it, mind you).

Reactions: Margen67 and mmn

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Well, it's official. You have managed to solve the 6.x save problem (for anyone that owns an N3DS anyway). If your CFW never does anything more (and I still think you're throwing the baby out with the bath water with your "no CIA" policy), you have still done N3DS owners everywhere a colossal favor at this point.

My Zelda: ALBW (EU) save was successfully extracted from the Sky3DS backup. With a quick copy and rename, it even restored to the US cart. And it worked. So then, on my old 3DS, I exported the CIA save in GW mode using SDF, then copied the files NTR extracted to the appropriate folder, then imported it back. The save loaded. So, these are indeed fully decrypted, and completely SDF compatible. I did notice that games tend to hang at the "Nintendo 3DS" logo when extracting/restoring a save (especially when restoring), but, frankly, I don't even care. The important thing is that, for the first time ever, 6.x saves can be decrypted. This truly deserves to be front page at all the 3DS news sites. Again you have my deepest gratitude for this. I admit, I underestimated your skill. Congratulations on a job well done (just don't expect high praise for the CFW itself, because I still consider it gimped goods).

If I wasnt' between jobs atm, I'd offer to buy you a Sky3DS for research purposes (not so you can break NTR's compatibility with it, mind you).

I don't need a sky3ds card, thank you.

Reactions: cearp

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China

The game will be suspended when you backup/restore savegame, Press A to continue its loading.

Reactions: Margen67

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game will be suspended when you backup/restore savegame, Press A to continue its loading.

Ah, OK, I'll have to try that. But it's really not a concern anyway. I'm just glad to have the save dumped finally. Thanks again. Now if you could just add DSiWare support. I'm not asking you to go back on your no CIA thing, I can use Gateway mode to install the DSiWare. If you could just patch the DS checks so that NTR can run it, I could leave the old 3DS at home. I know you're AP, but the DS is not a current generation system. No imaginary lost sales can occur because of enabling DS code to run (especially since it's not possible to run MSET on the N3DS).

I don't need a sky3ds card, thank you.

Then how do you plan to troubleshoot issues with games you don't own? When you RE'd SDF and rewrote it as a plugin (considering it probably would have been much easier to just enable CIA, PM me a link, and threaten to kill me if I leak it :lol: ), it occurred to me that I might have actually met someone that's as stubborn as me. Now, it's official ;)

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can I use this to extract the save game from my New 3DS XL with preinstalled Majoras Mask? I want to transfer it to another New 3DS XL.
So long as both 3DSes are 9.0-9.2 yes.

(especially since it's not possible to run MSET on the N3DS).
Actually, the KARL crew have managed to re-enable MSET on all 9.2 systems.

Stubborn? Neither of you are stubborn. You're a jerk, and cell9 is principled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: bitches