[WIP] Please help me test NTR CFW 2.0 on EU/US/AUS New3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cell9, Mar 24, 2015.

1. cell9
    OP

cell9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    NTR CFW 2.1 is here:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...gion-free-cfw-on-jp-eu-us-aus-new-3ds.385142/

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. bache

bache GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2009
    Will this work in EmuNAND? I'll test it out if so.

Margen67 likes this.
  3. cell9
    OP

cell9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    nope, it will not work in GW mode.

4. STAticKY

STAticKY Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2015
    New Zealand
    I can confirm this works on my 9.0.0-20E AUS N3DS :)

Well done :yay:

5. Shanon

Shanon Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    New Zealand
    Christchurch
    Waiting for my Cubic Ninja to get here, once it arrives I'll give it a go. I have a AUS 9.0 N3DS.

6. STAticKY

STAticKY Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2015
    New Zealand
    It seems that after patching sysNAND, Power off, Power on, then trying to use another copy of CN to boot GW mode but it just sits on blank screens...

Is this maybe a consequence of your CFW? and if so, what can i do to remedy it?

7. cell9
    OP

cell9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2014
    Switzerland

NTR only makes memory patch, it will return the original state when you reboot it. Maybe there are some problem with your CN savegame. It couldn't be a consequence of the CFW as far as I have concerned.

8. dandymanz

dandymanz GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2014
    Senegal
    I see that NTR CFW can't shutdown the N3DS properly. You have to press and hold on the power button till it powers down. If we do this often, will it cause the hardware to fail easier? I'm just asking because like for a PC, you're not suppose to just force power it down unless necessary.

9. cell9
    OP

cell9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    I assume the system and services was already terminated when you press power button, however the NTR Menu is still waiting for hotkeys to be pressed, which make it hangs on and you have to hold on the power button to terminate that forcefully. I will provide a solution on next release.

Margen67 likes this.
  10. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    It's my pleasure to inform you that it is working perfectly on my 9.2.0-20E Australian/Europe new3DS!

I wasn't expecting Europe support so quickly. Thanks!

Margen67 likes this.
  11. cell9
    OP

cell9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    Thank you for testing, I will add this to the list.

Margen67 likes this.
  12. cell9
    OP

cell9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    by the way, please try the savegame plugin if you would like.

13. Septimo

Septimo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2013
    United States
    Thank you so much! This is working great on 9.0.0-20U! I just tried out E.X. Troopers and it works flawlessly. This is my first time using CFW, so I'm not sure if this is expected, but I get a black screen whenever I exit system settings. (Edit: The black screen also occurs while navigating the system menu) I have to power off my system to regain stability. I haven't tested enough in depth, but thought I'd report that.

Also, this is more of a suggestion, but is there anyway we can customize the hotkey to bring up the NTR menu? The menu is very neat, but it can also be intrusive in some games. Maybe in a future release.

Thanks, and I look forward to more developments!

14. Rokkubro

Rokkubro GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    Wow, such cfw
    My results
    AU N3DS on 9.2.0-E
    Succeeded to boot NTR 20/30 Times
    Froze 5 times on 'svc check patched', required a hard reboot(3 times with wi-fi on, twice with wi-fi off)​
    Froze 3 times right after 'calling SVC 8' with garbled text, required a hard reboot(twice with wi-fi off, once with wi-fi on)​
    Crashed once on 'openarc', exited to home menu with error and force restart(wi-fi on)​
    Exploit crashed once with 'failed, please reboot your console' message, however, the text was offset to the left and so the beginning of the message was offscreen(wi-fi off)​
    The exploit would generally only loop on the 'waiting' message for <3 seconds, however it took upwards of 6 seconds on the 16th attempt​
    Region free loading works
    NTR CFW menu works in Home Menu and in Applets, however it freezes in all games(cartridges from all regions, and eshop titles) and system applications, with the exception of the eShop application. The menu also works when applications or games are suspended.
    Process dumping works
    Plugins work

This is a really great and fully featured CFW, nice job! Have you considered using Bootstrap as an entrypoint? It appears you use the same method for kernel access and patch SVC in a similar way. It might be easier for users who are on firmware 9.0 or greater if there was an option to boot through Ninjhax.

Fantastic work!

Margen67 likes this.
  15. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    When I asked you if it decrypted the saves you said "try it".

Well now I have, and would like to confirm for everyone else wondering, it does.

That's right, cell9's save plugin is effectively SaveDataFiler for retail carts.

Now would be a good time to track down a copy of Cubic Ninja before prices fluctuate again.

Margen67 and samiam144 like this.
  16. jscjml

jscjml Monster Hunter

Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Wait seriously? So i can finally convert my MH4G cart and use it on a .cia or .3dz? please be true. Ill seriously go buy a copy of CN for this if so.

Margen67 likes this.
  17. cell9
    OP

cell9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2014
    Switzerland

You can wait a few seconds on Home Menu before starting Cubic Ninja, it will make success rate a bit higher.
    I am curious about the menu freeze issue, and I will check on it. (for me, there are no problem for using menu in applications or games)
    (Update: I have found the problem: you have to hold on B to exit the menu, it is the bugs from the keypad driver and I will fix it soon)

Rokkubro likes this.
  18. Rokkubro

Rokkubro GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    Ah yes, that works, thanks!

Margen67 and cell9 like this.
  19. SaagiBols

SaagiBols The AnalSavior

Jan 29, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    Here, There, and Everywhere!..
    i hate new3ds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-[

like seriously this shit has stf that dosnt work on ORIGINAL 3DS, and gets updated support,? F*** ME!!!!!!!!

20. Megashaymin

Megashaymin Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2010
    United States
    I can confirm it works on 9.2.0-20U US N3DSXL

Margen67 likes this.