Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok!
So, having a 4.5 sysNAND I could use the 9.2 version of smashbros ROM in either sky3DS or using the Gateway trick to allow updates to update my sysNAND to 9.2 and then downgrade the MSET to 6.X to use CFWs.

Is this a feasible plan?

If you update via cartridge/rom, there is a chance that apps like browser doesn't get updated. Use full firmware and sysupdater.

Not just the browser. There are other files not included also. I don't know of a complete list anywhere... And GW also does a firmlaunch every time. Your AGB, TWL, and NATIVE_FIRM doesn't update properly. Emunand will only *seem* to work properly when you update with GW. Updating sysnand with GW can easily give you a black screen brick.

Reactions: mvmiranda

Xeogran

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Poland
Simple question:
Can you use rxTools when you already have Gateway files on your SD Card? I don't want to mess up by accidently updating my firmware while installing rxTools or anything.

likearls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I suceeded in stable boot on n3ds mset.

There is three reason freeze on boot.
"DrawString" in source code cause stop "I".
And rxtools on n3ds from mset often fail to load font.bin and theme.

I modified source code and compiled.Now I can boot rxtools from mset everytime, but I think it is bad way to fix.Many features don't work correctley.
I hope someone fix it in the right way.

Last edited by likearls,

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does that build work with mset and smash 4? Im currently using 2.6b (old3ds) and I have the installation suite glitch.
Yes, do you use mset with the 2.6b ? If yes 6.X or 4.X ?
I can send you a fully working data folder if the data installation fails also on b8-fix.

Reactions: SMVB64

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, do you use mset with the 2.6b ? If yes 6.X or 4.X ?
I can send you a fully working data folder if the data installation fails also on b8-fix.
Yup I'm using mset and its 4.X. Ill test this build now and see how it goes.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have the N3DS build? I just want it for using Devmode in sysnand whenever I need it.
But doesn't Rxtools on N3DS require Cubic Ninja? Might as well use Pasta CFW then! Would still be cool to have the N3DS build so I can share with others who're interested.

Reactions: OctopusRift

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does anyone have the N3DS build? I just want it for using Devmode in sysnand whenever I need it.
But doesn't Rxtools on N3DS require Cubic Ninja? Might as well use Pasta CFW then! Would still be cool to have the N3DS build so I can share with others who're interested.
rxTools nightlies support n3DS, I think that the devmode is not ready yet but you can test.

rxTools.dat has been moved to /rxTools/system/code.bin.
If you have a New 3DS, use firmware.bin from ReiNAND v2 (search for Reisukaku's pastebin), rename the file to 0004013820000002.bin and put it in /rxTools/data/
When you launch rxTools on new3DS, the data installation part will fail, this is normal, you don't care.
Nightlies builds have numbers like 03b9e42, 2b335ca or b713ea6.

https://mega.nz/#F!s8RDXbiJ!cxwQ4EvdIgoDI1OrwiAKFA
https://mega.nz/#F!RpdmGK4R!iy7EehzUAimCghakd3Qj5w
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/blmecish9rb1r87/AACOS5s8u0xucXy59vZk6i1pa?dl=0

For exemple, all files hosted here have this kind of number : rxTools_08-15-15_00-25.f77bd27.zip

According to the github commits here : https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/commits/master

Think about posting your nighly revision when you report errors/bugs !
The lastest now is the 30063ef
The mset way still unstable with n3DS, it will be fixed soon I guess.

According to @likearls it's not a big problem :
I suceeded in stable boot on n3ds mset.

There is three reason freeze on boot.
"DrawString" in source code cause stop "I".
And rxtools on n3ds from mset often fail to load font.bin and theme.

I modified source code and compiled.Now I can boot rxtools from mset everytime, but I think it is bad way to fix.Many features don't work correctley.
I hope someone fix it in the right way.
Remember that nightlies are moving fast and n3DS support is not 100% merged to rxTools and it stills buggy now.

Last edited by pakrett,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@pakrett Wow I didn't expect such a detailed reply, I appreciate it!
These nightly builds also work on o3DS, right?

Also where can we find the launcher for Ninjhax to boot Rxtools on N3DS? Is it the same as the one used for o3DS?

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@pakrett Wow I didn't expect such a detailed reply, I appreciate it!
You're welcome ^^
These nightly builds also work on o3DS, right?
Yes.
Also where can we find the launcher for Ninjhax to boot Rxtools on N3DS? Is it the same as the one used for o3DS?
The same yes, the one in the "ninjhax" folder into any nightly pack.
Always replace all the files by the files in the newer nightly pack when you update it.

Reactions: MattKimura

gohly5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi its my first time in this forum, i wish to clarify some things =D

"Access to the eShop and to online playing (requires an updated emuNAND)", I am not pro in this rxtools but I only want to play my 3ds games online. Does this means that I can play all my games online without using a private header?

gohly5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi its my first time in this forum, i wish to clarify some things =D

"Access to the eShop and to online playing (requires an updated emuNAND)", I am not pro in this rxtools but I only want to play my 3ds games online. Does this means that I can play all my games online without using a private header?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...