Status
Not open for further replies.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
If some developers were to take on the concept of Rxtools and expand it to modern standards, I have no doubt that it would beat Luma easily, the problem is, as you mentioned before Crystal, too many parts of this community are Luma diehard fans or just toxic people in general, this is just giving developers a hard time to create something that improves what we know about the 3DS in general, I hope there'll be a day when people can accept what someone else uses, I'm no developer myself but heck I'd love to do something if I had the knowledge and information available, but I'm not, all I can do is watch how the 3DS scene unfolds, hopefully we get something within the upcoming years
You also forget that rxtools also has a bad programming code.
With the current state of CFW, I would abandon it if I'm a dev.
But, if it's R3Tools and Lima3DS , the answer will be different.

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You also forget that rxtools also has a bad programming code.
With the current state of CFW, I would abandon it if I'm a dev.
But, if it's R3Tools and Lima3DS , the answer will be different.
This is what I am talking about right here.
There's no way anyone can take the RXTools code and work with it. It's a mess and it's just lagging behind
But that doesn't mean we can't get something from RXTools and work with that. People loved the fancy GUI coupled with the all-in-one toolkit. We have a better toolkit and it can even have a fancy GUI, now all it needs is a CFW and we got ourselves a new RXTools!
In the end, it would be a lot easier to get people to stop using the old RXTools if they are provided with something new, but still the close enough to what they will be giving up. They won't be loosing the tools, they will be gaining new/better tools. They won't be loosing their CFW, they be gaining a new CFW.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
In the end, it would be a lot easier to get people to stop using the old RXTools if they are provided with something new, but still the close enough to what they will be giving up. They won't be loosing the tools, they will be gaining new/better tools. They won't be loosing their CFW, they be gaining a new CFW.
"That's not rxTool, I won't change it since my current setting still work find." or something like this will pop out.
It's the same as the current situation. Encourage to change rxtools > something look like rxtools is equal encourage to change rxtools > Luma3DS.
There is Luma3DS Master Race team, of course there's also rxtool fan boy.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
"That's not rxTool, I won't change it since my current setting still work find." or something like this will pop out.
It's the same as the current situation. Encourage to change rxtools > something look like rxtools is equal encourage to change rxtools > Luma3DS.
There is Luma3DS Master Race team, of course there's also rxtool fan boy.
Well obviously there's no pleasing everyone, but I still know a lot of RXTools users who are clinging to it for the reasons I described. Basically they don't want to loose the RXTools, but appear more than willing to change if they didn't actually loose the RXTools.
Personally myself, I didn't want to change for a decent amount of time because I love all-in-one tools. It's just nice not having to boot into something different to do something like backup my NAND.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Well obviously there's no pleasing everyone, but I still know a lot of RXTools users who are clinging to it for the reasons I described. Basically they don't want to loose the RXTools, but appear more than willing to change if they didn't actually loose the RXTools.
Personally myself, I didn't want to change for a decent amount of time because I love all-in-one tools. It's just nice not having to boot into something different to do something like backup my NAND.
I understand that. But my opinion is, those people would already move on a long time ago.
Since they should understand their risk. Only less people still keep it with those reason.
Most rxtool users right now that I saw are the people who don't know much about 3DS hacking or fan boy.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I understand that. But my opinion is, those people would already move on a long time ago.
Since they should understand their risk. Only less people still keep it with those reason.
Most rxtool users right now that I saw are the people who don't know much about 3DS hacking or fan boy.
There's still an audience out there. People moved on because they lost their CFW, but that doesn't mean there's still not a demand for it. There have been attempts to make it happen. Realistically, there just needs to be someone dedicated to working on the project.

Last edited by The Catboy,

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
There's still an audience out there. People moved on because they lost their CFW, but that doesn't mean there's still not a demand for it. There have been attempts to make it happen. Realistically, there just needs to be someone dedicated on working on the project.
That's math my answer. I didn't mean there shouldn't be any CFW that look like rxtools.
I mean, using that as a way to convert current rxtool user is a bit off now .
Since most user who not a fan boy already move on, what left is the outdate people or fan boy.
Yeah, that people who move on will change to the new rxtool wanna be when it's finish.
But, right now. They're not rxtool user any more.
Outdate people can be easily convice, Since most of them just want to pirate a game,
Don't care about the tools they're using. So, only rxtool users you would found are fan boy.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's math my answer. I didn't mean there shouldn't be any CFW that look like rxtools.
I mean, using that as a way to convert current rxtool user is a bit off now .
Since most user who not a fan boy already move on, what left is the outdate people or fan boy.
Yeah, that people who move on will change to the new rxtool wanna be when it's finish.
But, right now. They're not rxtool user any more.
Outdate people can be easily convice, Since most of them just want to pirate a game,
Don't care about the tools they're using. So, only rxtool users you would found are fan boy.
But my question is, do you think people would enjoy having Decrypt9 with a CFW? Do you think there is still an audience for this kind of program?

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
But my question is, do you think people would enjoy having Decrypt9 with a CFW? Do you think there is still an audience for this kind of program?
I don't know. That is something that you said yourself that "There's still an audience out there.".
If you believe there's still an audience, doesn't that answer your question?
The problem right now is, the person who expert in 3DS CFW won't interesting in it.
Or the current devvelopes don't have enough experince to contiune their works.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't know. That is something that you said yourself that "There's still an audience out there.".
If you believe there's still an audience, doesn't that answer your question?
The problem right now is, the person who expert in 3DS CFW won't interesting in it.
Or the current devvelopes don't have enough experince to contiune their works.
You see, I believe there is, but then again, that's because I want there to be a CFW like that. But if I can't find other's who feel the same, then obviously it's not going to happen.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You see, I believe there is, but then again, that's because I want there to be a CFW like that. But if I can't find other's who feel the same, then obviously it's not going to happen.
As I said before, the dev would have to interest in creating rxtool wanna be CFW to make it happens.
Atleast, both R3Tools and Lima3DS creator feel similar to you, that's why they create their project.

Reactions: NightScript

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe just a little community love can spark some interest. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Plus it would be stupid to use the RXTools code, someone attempted that and fell flat on their face. The code is a mess.
But I think R3Tools and Lima3DS
Take a CFW and put on Decrypt9.
Honestly, I feel lima3ds route of combining decrypt9 and Luma into a single file is a bit dumb, as you have to constantly update luma and decrypt9 manually to have it be up to date. A boot manager with decrypt9 built in and a nice GUI would be amazing though. So it's kinda like rxtools, but since the cfw and tools are seperate, the user can update the cfw without the dev having to maunlly updating everything. Not sure exactly how this would work, but I can ask my dev friend if it's feasible. Would be a fun little project when I finish learning c. Just a little idea:P

Reactions: nechigawara
D

Deleted User

A revived rxtools would be interesting if it gets new features.You can already chainload decrypt9 on luma but a nicer GUI would also be neat.

Reactions: nechigawara

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I like rxTools. It gives more features to my 3DS and has many tools that I don't even know what they are meant for. I wouldn't change it to Luma or anything else because I might mess something up and it won't work. rxTools is still the best CFW to this day because it's simple and easy to use. By the way, is it safe to update my 3DS to 11.2? I think that I should make a new thread about it, because I don't want to use someone else's thread to answer my question.

If it ain't broke you shouldn't fix it :-)

Reactions: chocoboss

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like rxTools. It gives more features to my 3DS and has many tools that I don't even know what they are meant for. I wouldn't change it to Luma or anything else because I might mess something up and it won't work. rxTools is still the best CFW to this day because it's simple and easy to use. By the way, is it safe to update my 3DS to 11.2? I think that I should make a new thread about it, because I don't want to use someone else's thread to answer my question.

If it ain't broke you shouldn't fix it :-)

1. Just change to luma, no chance of brick, (unless you use a9lh, then possible, but low chance. Just follow all instructions at 3ds.guide)

2. Rxtools is broken. It has compatibility issues with new games

3. All features found in rxtools can be found in decrypt9wip

4. Luma supports the newest frimware

Last edited by Aletron9000,

szymon170

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1. Just change to luma, no chance of brick, (unless you use a9lh, then possible, but low chance)

2. Rxtools is broken. It has compatibility issues with new games

3. All features found in rxtools can be found in decrypt9wip

4. Luma supports the newest frimware
BUT IF IT AINT BROKE YOU SHOULDN'T FIX IT!!!11!

szymon170

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I just said, IT IS BROKE! NEW GAMES HAVE COMPATIBILITY ISSUES
I don't play new games the only new games I want to play are Super Mario Maker and Monster Hunter X and some other games downloaded from that iso site. I have dyslexia and autism and I have some problems following instructions okay?!?!??!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1