ROM Hack [Release] Rune Factory 4 Save Editor

scrangos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill be posting a vers of the undub to go with seikur0's save editor that changes all the gender titles (prince/princess etc) and default names around for the genderswap folk.

AhmadMohammed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
The best tool ever great job man everything works
but i think there is a problem with the upgraded storage box and the backpack the selected items doesn't appear but still the best save editor

scrangos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something isnt playing nice with the japanese rom. Whenever I try to mod either the japanese rom's save or the english save for extra orders (and only that) it causes the game to reformat the save. I can however put the english save into the jp rom without modifying it.

I asume you've tested the english save being modified for extra orders on the english rom.

Last edited by scrangos,

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I rechecked it and found the bug responsible for this save formatting, it's fixed in the v0.0.7 version.

I tested the right bit being moified, but I had to change the checksum function for the additional file and I overlooked something in there while doing that.

Tzz2006

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great tool! Do you think it would eventually be possible to negate some of the RNG and trigger Act 3 or marriage events etc?

Tzz2006

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the tip seikur. I used that method to start Act 3, but the thought of having to do the same again and again for marriage makes me wish for an easier solution;)

lucoia

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the tool it's very nice.

Can you raise the item number max creation from 9 to 99 or more, something like if I create more than 9 items the others will follow on the other item rooms automatically, and/or make a copy past item feature?

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Will this work with TDVS once it's released? Or at least, be updated to work with TDVS?
Probably it will work with TDVS, I don't see why not.

Can you raise the item number max creation from 9 to 99 or more, something like if I create more than 9 items the others will follow on the other item rooms automatically, and/or make a copy past item feature?
Yeah, I like these ideas. But it will take some time until I implement this, at the moment I'm enjoying my vacations :)

Reactions: adiktus

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice program, i like the GUI for inventory editing.

Any chance we can get the source code, or a list with file offsets you have? I like to tinker with save files and edit stuff, and while i can just change a value with the editor and check what's edited, that's a hella tedious process.

From a quick glance, even if you edit the char level with your editor, it won't update rf4s with the new level (the save selection).

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice program, i like the GUI for inventory editing.

Any chance we can get the source code, or a list with file offsets you have? I like to tinker with save files and edit stuff, and while i can just change a value with the editor and check what's edited, that's a hella tedious process.

From a quick glance, even if you edit the char level with your editor, it won't update rf4s with the new level (the save selection).

It won't update rf4s.sav, because that's purely optical and only in the loading screen and at first I hadn't intended to load that file. Maybe I will update this in the future.

I made a good offset list at some point, but I must have deleted it, when I cleaned up a bunch of experiment files, that's kind of annoying. I can still give you the part of the source code(Pascal) with the offset information though, I'll append it. Read the functions from bottom to top. If you still have specific questions about the save, drop me a pm, I'm happy to support fellow save tinkerers.

Attachments

• savemap.zip
    8 KB · Views: 327
Reactions: Krude

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'll take a look at it later, in the mean time, i came across something playing around with the editor. The FP display for the two cameo characters (Barrett and Raven) is probably broken.

In-game, I'm at a little over friendship level 1 with Barret and close to level 3 with Raven.
The editor tells me that i have 612 FP for Barrett (for reference, 140 FP is level 4) and 0 FP for Raven.

Reactions: seikur0

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah it is broken, thanks for telling me. Maybe you could find the correct offsets for them? At the moment I don't have time to look for these. Also since you mention the reference value for level 4, do you have a reference table for FP?

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm don't understand how monster stats are calculated. Viewing monsters I've tamed long before, their HP are so much higher than the HPmod, whereas they're equal for a monster I just tamed. The Str, Int, Vitmod stats also vary... If converted to hex, there's a format. I'm assuming the lower word is the base stat, while the upper byte is the bonus gained. But they do not add up for some of the monsters' stats.

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd assume the level or maybe friendship level of the monster can modify the stats or maybe it's some kind of item it ate, that's saved separately from the mod values.
The area for stats is pretty large as you may have noticed (and also the same for monsters and people, people: $b8+100+i*100, monsters: $b44+i*100), there's space for all kinds of boni. Like when you feed your monster something, that makes it crit more, that's the place where I expect it to be saved. If you find something interesting, let me know ;)

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Made a list today with the FP levels (for villagers). Animals have a different progression, much shorter one.
Code:
Level 1 = 16
Level 2 = 42 (+26)
Level 3 = 83 (+41)
Level 4 = 140 (+57)
Level 5 = 226 (+86)
Level 6 = 322 (+96)
Level 7 = 429 (+107)
Level 8 = 704 (+275)
Level 9 = 1009 (+305)
Level 10 = 1345 (+336)

Haven't found Raven and Barrett's FP yet, i can only say that the villager structures that contain FP end after the MC's child and the data after that is for something else.
I'm curious where you got things like the string lists and the item icons. Did you extract them from the game? I'd like to know more about that.

Looking at that source code helped a lot, but it's the first time i've ever looked at Pascal code (also i'm not a programmer/coder) so it's taken me a while to figure out what i'm looking at. The thing that interests me the most, the Soil stats, is still pretty much incomprehensible to me though. I know that a soil patch is 0x10 bytes big and that its stats are encoded in bits somehow, but beyond that i got nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo