ROM Hack [Release] Rune Factory 4 Save Editor

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reimporting probably does work. Try moving the editor and the saves to a very simple location like "C:/".
Also are you using the latest editor version, v0.0.8? Could you upload the saves for me?

super.bean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Reimporting probably does work. Try moving the editor and the saves to a very simple location like "C:/".
Also are you using the latest editor version, v0.0.8? Could you upload the saves for me?

Ah! there! I tried moving them on D:/
Its probably because my Computer Name contains an ñ. So the path contained the ñ too. maybe thats it

Its working now :D thanks!

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't seem to work for me T.T
upon loading the rf4s.sav the app shows an error List Index (1816) out of bounds...

I tried using the gateway generated save and also the one from savedatafiler.
Both gave out the same error.

To be honest I have no idea how to load my backup saves for this app, so if anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I lost my save when rf4 glitched on me while soft resetting.

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You need to load the rf4a.sav, rf4b.sav or rf4c.sav, which corresponds to one of the three save slots.

The rf4s.sav is a common file to the three saves, that contains some additional information, but isn't supposed to be loaded itself. (And yeah, use the savedatafiler saves.)

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to load the rf4a.sav, rf4b.sav or rf4c.sav, which corresponds to one of the three save slots.

The rf4s.sav is a common file to the three saves, that contains some additional information, but isn't supposed to be loaded itself. (And yeah, use the savedatafiler saves.)

Okay, I used the one from save data filer. I checked my filer folder in my sd card and only rf4s.sav exists T.T
How come the other files don't exist? Hmm...

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, This is very weird. rf4a.sav doesn't exist when I back it up but I do have one save game on slot a...
This is from a rom using Gateway which I played on originally.
The CTR Card isn't broken. I renamed a backup save I had a long time ago to match the Gateway generated file sav. Reimported the back up and exported it again. still the rf4a.sav is not there...

I decided to install a cia version, created a save there and dumped that save then the rf4a.sav exists!

**Update**

Managed to get it to work but in a very peculiar way.
I imported my 3ds save to the cia version then exported it again.
this time the rf4a.sav appeared. XD
yay! Thanks!

Last edited by Nirmonculus,

sersi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
after editing my save then importing it back I get level -7 error, the non edited file can be imported.
These opens just fine in the save editor but after changing the money suddenly it can't be reimported.
Strange since pkhex works. In case this helps but I also can't import downloaded sdf save files for majora's mask but I can import my own.

I read this somewhere in case this is related: "EXTRA NOTES: THIS WILL NOT WORK IF YOU HAVE A GAME WITH A SAVE ENCRYPTION THAT IS HIGHER THEN THE GATEWAYS! that means if you saved that game on a 3DS that had a 7.x firmware or greater then it will show up as corrupt. There is no fix to this currently..", but Pokemon ORAS in pkhex works that's a more latest game. I'm on Gateway 4.5

Last edited by sersi,

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works great thanks for this.

I used it to cheat a typhoon with lots of wilted grass and that defense up stuff what is it wet powder or something?

ceec

Trophies
XP
Country
hello. I'm new here and I just discovered this gold.
What my problem is that when I import the edited file, and opened RF4, there's no changes. I wonder why..

I tried backing up again and loading the new back-ups in the editor and it returned to the original saved files.
I'm using svdt as my save manager.

Rnuaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It's work! Thank you so much! I have looked for a way to edit items for a while!

Another thing is, I am a player from China, I want to ask for your permission if I could reproduce it to a Chinese website and I will indicate the source including the original link and the author. Because when I search in Baidu(which is Chinese Google), there are nothing on it so I think it would help a lot if I can reproduce it.

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

LuminescentChaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a number of other features that sound interesting like limiting skills and stats to their in game caps, an editor that lets you change the items used in open slots on crafted items and changing the items they're upgraded with, having stats change based on edited skills, etc. Hopefully someone else takes this up as I have yet to learn any of this stuff so I am unable to do it myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality