ROM Hack [Release] Rhydon Save Editor (Pokemon RBY Save Editor)

WickedForte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make the editor support saves higher than 32kb? I'm using gameyob( Cia version) to play a modded pokemon blue with color and second gen sprites. I have had to chop off from line 8000 and beyond to get the file to 32,768 bytes from 32,812 bytes which will be compatible. It's not a huge deal but it's an extra step. Maybe my problem lies with the GameYob emulator.

(I use gameyob for the pokemon mods and fast forward ability)

jm_plata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Could you add support for Pokemon Green JPN?
Levels for glitch pokemon i.e. LV 255 are showed as 100 and missing bytes for catch rate/held items (when trade with other generation), STATUS ailments and Pokemon Types.

Last edited by jm_plata,

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought PKXDelta is enough...:ninja:
upload_2016-5-3_17-37-30.png
upload_2016-5-3_17-37-42.png
upload_2016-5-3_17-37-56.png

a new save editor?
nice job anyway:yay:

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you add support for Pokemon Green JPN?
Levels for glitch pokemon i.e. LV 255 are showed as 100 and missing bytes for catch rate/held items (when trade with other generation), STATUS ailments and Pokemon Types.
I would be happy to add support for JP games if someone could link me to a list of offsets in the save file. I don't currently support it because of the lack of documentation.

Rhydon does not currently support glitch pokemon. Those bytes aren't missing -- they're handled internally, because there is no need to expose them to the end user, at all.

I thought PKXDelta is enough...:ninja:
a new save editor?
nice job anyway:yay:

I already know PKXDelta exists, and this attempts to be a modern replacement for it because PKXDelta's UI is terrible. Linking it is unnecessary :)

Reactions: signz

jm_plata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would be happy to add support for JP games if someone could link me to a list of offsets in the save file. I don't currently support it because of the lack of documentation.

Rhydon does not currently support glitch pokemon. Those bytes aren't missing -- they're handled internally, because there is no need to expose them to the end user, at all.
Here some offsets for Green Version JPN: http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/Pokémon_Red,_Green,_Blue_and_Yellow_(JP)_GameShark_codes

jtarules89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I go about finding my save on my new 3ds for the virtual Pokemon games? Like the ones from the eshop. Or is it not possible to edit those?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
why is people posting other stuff in this thread?

the man made a good looking software which is open source for us to use and people don't know how to appreciate it.

more the merrier.

thank you @SciresM

Aapenootjes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How would I go about finding my save on my new 3ds for the virtual Pokemon games? Like the ones from the eshop. Or is it not possible to edit those?

Basically you have to options:
  1. You use the homebrew launcher.
    Use some form of exploit, see: https://smealum.github.io/3ds/
    Once you have acces to the homebrew launcher, follow this tutorial: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/s...s-from-R-B-Y-virtual-console-(using-homebrew)

2. You can use a CIA save manager like JKSM. For which you need CFW (custom firmware).

jtarules89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Really great work. Finally good to see a functional Gen 1 save editor with a good UI.

My only request is to make it more compatible with glitchmons, by editing Pokémon species, types and moves by index number, for example.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to open a .sav file, I get an error message saying the file is too large.
1z6cdhe.jpg

The .sav files are only 33 kb. What do?
if you are using a save from an emulator, click file and there should be something like "export save" and it will give you the correct file. its 33kb because real time clock storage.

M-DitzyDoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks like it'll be better than the other save editors that are either clunky, glitchy, or both. That said, it doesn't recognize the save file I exported from the vc release as a valid file, so is there a converter I have to run it through to get it to work? The file itself should work as other editors have been able to read them, but those are kinda sorta terrible XD

Chortles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey SciresM, great work, but I found a few bugs that I wanted to report. Not sure if I should be doing that here or somewhere else.

1. Seems like when I max a Pokemon I create to level 100 and maximum stats, the program gives the Pokemon an extra 1 point in all of its stats.
For example, Chansey at level 100 with max HP IV and EV is supposed to have 703 HP, but the program gives it 704 HP instead. This happens for every Pokemon I max out, and to all of their stats as well, not just HP.

2. When using a Pokemon as a "base" to create a new one, the new Pokemon keeps some of the old one's stats. For example, let's say I wanted to make a new Pokemon from a Chansey that I have.
I change Chansey to be a Dragonite instead, and then edit the moves and stats appropriately. When I set the Dragonite to an empty spot and then check in game after exporting the .sav and all that, the Dragonite's HP will look something like 704/385, meaning it retained the Chansey's HP that was edited over.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but hopefully you can take a look at these issues for yourself and fix them. Regardless, great work on the program and thanks for your time.

WickedForte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get your pokemon yellow, blue, red, or green save compatible with this just delete anything after line 00007FF8, so line 00008000 to 00008028. I use CTRX Explorer to do this, you can use HxD to the same. Although it would be handy for the editor to support these clock battery saves *shrug*

I wish I can turn off that feature in gameyob (I play a modified pokemon blue with 2g sprites and color that is ran as GBC instead of a GB so the color mod works..) but if I want to export my save to my eshop version of pokemon blue I follow this same practice cutting off the 21,504 bits (not bytes) from lines 8000 to 8028.

I know with python a script can be written to chop bits and maybe through windows batch but I can't expect that to work well at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD